Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 32)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 32)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 525 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
OscarWatcher1..
Babylonian
kbc
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Film Twitter next year when Lily Gladstone, Jean Smart and Michelle Williams are all competing in the same category:

The winning team:

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

So…do we really want to see Steven win another Oscar…?

I don’t think he needs a third BD Oscar tbh. Unless Fablemans blows me away. I think there will be of an argument for Scorsesse to win a second.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Maria
    Topics:

The winning team:

I am with you although I am team Gladstone till end

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Cannot get excited about Fablemans to save my life. Really don’t care about Spielberg Mom Biopic. I guess more watchable than Cuaron’s dogshyt sweeping maid biopic and not in B&W like lil Kenny one but enough of that crap already. Oh and Mank and knock-offs too.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I don’t think he needs a third BD Oscar tbh. Unless Fablemans blows me away. I think there will be of an argument for Scorsesse to win a second.

I mean, he’s Steven Spielberg. He’s one of the most important figures in the history of Hollywood. So is Scorsese, of course, but something I’ve noticed is that they usually like giving Best Director prizes to movies that are, like…what the director is known for doing. So Scorsese won for Departed, but he didn’t win for Hugo or whatever – and Killers of the Flower Moon might be a bit of a departure.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Belfast flopped because the entire cast is  non factor Irish actors aside from Dench that have no impact on the industry. And Belfast isn’t enough of directorial or writing achievement to win awards like Roma or Licorice Pizza

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Belfast flopped because the entire cast is non factor Irish actors aside from Dench that have no impact on the industry. And Belfast isn’t enough of directorial or writing achievement to win awards like Roma or Licorice Pizza

Whaaat?

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Whaaat?

You ask someone on the street who Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, or Colin Morgan is and they wouldn’t give a response. Nobody in the GP knows who Branagh is either so it’s laughable Belfast stans tried to push Branagh as overdue.

Profile picture
    Maria
    Topics:

You ask someone on the street who Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, or Colin Morgan is and they wouldn’t give a response. Nobody in the GP knows who Branagh is either so it’s laughable Belfast stans tried to push Branagh as overdue.

So that’s good news for Spielberg next year then lol 😂

Michelle Williams has 5 Oscar noms , Paul Dano has a globe , Emmy and BAFTA nom , Seth Rogen has an Emmy nom 🤞

But who knows the Irishman with 5 Oscar winners and 2 Oscar nominees went empty handed so who knows lol 😂

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Sounds like a hideous “street” bunch and hard to believe.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

You ask someone on the street who Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, or Colin Morgan is and they wouldn’t give a response.

i’ll give you 3 out of 4.

but 50 shades stans at least know dornan.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Jamie Dornan is well known. He is the star of a major franchise, and has notable work on TV series as well like Once Upon a Time and The Fall. He might not be the biggest household name, but how can someone argue a cast with him and Dench is B-List? ☠️

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    MovieCritic
    Topics:

Film Twitter next year when Lily Gladstone, Jean Smart and Michelle Williams are all competing in the same category:

Michelle Williams is seriously due for an Oscar.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Jamie Dornan is well known. He is the star of a major franchise, and has notable work on TV series as well like Once Upon a Time and The Fall. He might not be the biggest household name, but how can someone argue a cast with him and Dench is B-List? ☠️

It’s the Branagh remarks that surprised me. He’s Oscar nominated and has been working since forever (and Hinds)and in wide variety of films.
    And I believe Outlander is a massive hit for Balfe.
    And we are after all, posting on gd.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 525 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 32)’ is closed to new replies.