Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 35)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 35)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 205 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
babypook
Will, from Cal
jjjmoss
  • Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> I still think DMC takes International Film but I suspect it will be quite close; TWPITW is beloved and peaking right now.</p>

Clayton is predicting TWPITW for the win. I’m not making fun of him anymore, since he predicted CODA winning PGA!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Clayton is predicting TWPITW for the win. I’m not making fun of him anymore, since he predicted CODA winning PGA!

I think this is a fair prediction if you’re looking to go for a surprise. It was barely visible until very recently and it’s more accessible and crowd-pleasing. It also has the Screenplay nod so there’s clearly support there. Sort of like Cruz, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it happened but I won’t predict it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:

He also predicted Frances McDormand last year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

I still see Clayton predicting Drive My Car. Where did he predict TWPITW?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Today’s the day #CODASWEEP

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I still see Clayton predicting Drive My Car. Where did he predict TWPITW?

https://variety.com/lists/2022-oscars-predictions-the-collective-top-contenders/best-documentary-feature-2022/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

https://variety.com/lists/2022-oscars-predictions-the-collective-top-contenders/best-documentary-feature-2022/

I think that’s a mistake. The picture for the winner is Drive My Car. And on the separate page for the category he marked off Drive My Car as his projected winner.

https://variety.com/feature/2022-oscars-best-international-feature-predictions-1235072006/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I think that’s a mistake. The picture for the winner is Drive My Car. And on the separate page for the category he marked off Drive My Car as his projected winner. https://variety.com/feature/2022-oscars-best-international-feature-predictions-1235072006/

LOL, he’s predicting both in different places. He’s covering his ass! 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Today’s the day #CODASWEEP

It’s possible, but I’m picking The Power of the Dog for Best Picture and The Lost Daughter for Best Adapted Screenplay (I had to roll the dice somewhere and I adore Maggie Gyllenhaal whose name I always have to look up to make sure I spell it right). CODA will almost certain get Best Supporting Actor. Good luck, though. I did really enjoy CODA!

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

For the first time since I was 12 years old I won’t be watching the Oscars – too many terrible winners are predicted to happen and I won’t waste my time watching them win undeserved Oscars.

I am sticking with The Power of the Dog winning BP and 3 other awards: Director, Adapted Screenplay, and Cinematography ): Not happy about it but I just don’t think CODA with only 3 nominations will wind up winning – but maybe this will just be an unprecedented year for BP?

I would vastly prefer Kodi Smit-McPhee to Troy Kotsur but I have given up – all the momentum is in Kotsur’s direction ): The fact that Mike Faist and David Alvarez aren’t nominated makes for a travesty of a category.

Ariana DeBose is the only probable winner in any of the major categories that I am happy about.

If Licorice Pizza wins instead of Belfast in Original Screenplay I will know that academy members have completely lost their minds.

Sigh. A great year for movies and their nominees/winners are so poor overall. Unless… there are upsets? One can always hope!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Will, from Cal
    Topics:

It’s just completely boggling my mind that y’all are all lining up to predict that a movie with 3 nominations will beat a movie with 12, which has in and of itself never even come close to happening.

No director nom. No crafts noms AT ALL, not even Song (for a movie about music). Only one acting nom, which isn’t even for the breakout lead OR the prior winning legend.

A movie that was not nominated for BAFTA OR AACTA. An indie movie that didn’t even play many notable festivals or even get nominated for the freaking Indie Spirits.

Yeah, it won PGA+WGA+SAG. PGA has been wrong 3 of the last 6 years
    SAG has been wrong FIVE of the last 6 years. 3 of the last 6 WGA winners weren’t even nominated for best picture. And the movie with 12 nominations wasn’t competing at SAG (tiny cast) or WGA (ineligible).

3 vs. 12. Hey, I could be wrong. But 3 vs. 12???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

It makes no sense for CODA to win BP if it didn’t get an Editing nom nor a Directing nom.

Only 9 BP winners (Birdman, Ordinary People, Annie Hall, Godfather 2, Man for All Seasons, Tom Jones, Marty, Hamlet, and It Happened One Night ) didn’t receive an editing nom but they at least had a directing nom, most of them even winning in that category. Removing the directing nom, that’s a 10% chance at winning when you factor the entire history of the category versus those 9 winners (9 films/87 years) but it lowers it down to 0% when you factor in the lack of a directing nom. It would literally be the first time it happened if it wins somehow. Power of the Dog has the Editing nom, is on track to win Director. Its chances are far better than Coda, guilds be damned.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

It’s just completely boggling my mind that y’all are all lining up to predict that a movie with 3 nominations will beat a movie with 12, which has in and of itself never even come close to happening. No director nom. No crafts noms AT ALL, not even Song (for a movie about music). Only one acting nom, which isn’t even for the breakout lead OR the prior winning legend. A movie that was not nominated for BAFTA OR AACTA. An indie movie that didn’t even play many notable festivals or even get nominated for the freaking Indie Spirits. Yeah, it won PGA+WGA+SAG. PGA has been wrong 3 of the last 6 years SAG has been wrong FIVE of the last 6 years. 3 of the last 6 WGA winners weren’t even nominated for best picture. And the movie with 12 nominations wasn’t competing at SAG (tiny cast) or WGA (ineligible). 3 vs. 12. Hey, I could be wrong. But 3 vs. 12???

Green book got 5 noms beats up Roma with 10 noms but at least with green book it had editing , BAFTA film and festival run and at least won globes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

No movies with 3 moms, or without an editing nom, had won PGA but CODA did. So I’m predicting CODA win BP factoring that in,

I’d be happy to be wrong though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

No movies with 3 moms, or without an editing nom, had won PGA but CODA did. So I’m predicting CODA win BP factoring that in, I’d be happy to be wrong though.

Actually little miss sunshine won PGA with no editing nom

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.