Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 498 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 7 is now open.

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Last Night in Soho’s review embargo lifts in couple of hours, crossing my fingers that it lives up to the hype!

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Possible Best picture contender that have risen after film festivals.

King Richard
    Belfast
    Dune

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The French Dispatch will get low scores from audience and critics aren’t going to push it either since it doesn’t have overwhelming support from them.

I don’t think it’s happening in Director, but in Picture is still possible considering the Cannes streak.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Based on the content of reactions/reviews rather than the overall RT score, my view:

In:
    The Power of The Dog
    Belfast
    King Richard

Not so sure:
    Dune
    Parallel Mothers
    Spencer
    The Lost Daughter
    C’mon c’mon

Out:
    The French Dispatch
    The Hand of God
    The Card Counter (yes, I know it’s 100% on RT now)
    Cyrano

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel like Dispatch is this year’s First Man where it was directed by someone who had a successful film previously and seemed to be total Oscar bait but audiences were more lukewarm on it and thus it underperforms up until Oscar morning.

King Richard is the dad movie of this year and I feel like that may make it in because of the rhinos still in AMPAS. I’ve moved closer to putting it in than where I was yesterday.

I refuse to drop Dune until more reactions come from the fall festivals. I want to live

FYC
    Dune in All Categories (esp. Director, Score, Sound, and Visual Effects)
    Spencer in All Categories (esp. Actress, Cinematography, and Costume Design)
    The Worst Person in the World in All Categories (esp. Original Screenplay and International Feature)
    Flee in All Categories (esp. Animated Feature, Documentary Feature, and International Feature)
    The Power of the Dog in All Categories (esp. Actor and Adapted Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Sasha Stone just called “Belfast” a masterpiece and the best film of Telluride so far. It seems more and more like the second lock after TPOTD I’ll say.

“Branagh has given us great movies and not so great movies. With Belfast, he had made his masterpiece.”

Telluride Review: Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast is a Masterpiece

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel like Dispatch is this year’s First Man where it was directed by someone who had a successful film previously and seemed to be total Oscar bait but audiences were more lukewarm on it and thus it underperforms up until Oscar morning. King Richard is the dad movie of this year and I feel like that may make it in because of the rhinos still in AMPAS. I’ve moved closer to putting it in than where I was yesterday. I refuse to drop Dune until more reactions come from the fall festivals. I want to live

With all the plot twists these season is offering us,  I think Nightmare Alley might end up being First Man/Beale Street as well.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

As a Francophile it breaks my heart that “The French Dispatch” has a somewhat cold reception, but yes, it can’t be denied that it’s falling down. I’m keeping it in for the moment, though.

My second heartbreak is for Oscar Isaac in “The Card Counter”.

Between “Spencer”, “King Richard”, “Belfast” and “Cyrano” I think only one or two will make it in (unless Del Toro, PTA, Coen and Spielberg all fall like dominos). “Cyrano” is out in my opinion, “King Richard” might be in as the populist choice, “Spencer” maaaaybe, but I don’t understand all the hype for “Belfast”.

Objectively speaking, there are two reviews and an article by Clayton Davis who overhyped everything in the 3 movies he has seen in Telluride. There are no LB reviews and we know Twitter is unreliable (you can easily pretend to be in Telluride). I am waiting to declare it a strong contender all over the board.

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

New King Richard review 🎾:

King Richard is an inspirational feel-great film that is certainly going to get a ton of awards attention. Will Smith delivers his best performance since the Pursuit of Happiness and don’t be surprised if Aunjanue Ellis gets a supporting actress nomination too. #KingRichard

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.” 🎥

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

King Richard as a movie looks so bad. Cant believe. Will have it for Actor. Not Best Picture

Much as I disliked its trailer, there have already been people who actually watched the whole movie… and quality apparently won’t matter the most for this crowd-pleasing film.

It will safely be a BP contender.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. The Power of The Dog
    2. Belfast
    3. Don’t Look Up
    4. Spencer
    5. Dune
    6. The Hand of God
    7. King Richard
    8. Last Night in Soho
    9. House of Gucci
    10.West Side Story

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Belfast looks more and more safe, but let’s wait for the official reviews.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Belfast is the one film I’m most confused about how it will perform when it comes to BAFTA. On the one hand I can see the jury going all out for it in categories like directing and acting due to it being a very “personal” film but on the other I can see it miss those categories because some may feel it’s like a vanity project.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Spencer is on 76% with 7.3 av. rating currently on RT.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.