Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 496 through 498 (of 498 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

A24 will distribute theatrically, but Apple will do the campaign. That’s what happened with On the Rocks last year. It’s essentially an Apple film in terms of awards.

Pretty sure A24 will be significantly involved in the FYC campaign for The Tragedy of Macbeth as it was for On the Rocks last season

A24’s awards site for On the Rocks

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I’m still predicting TPOTD to win BP if only for the pretty simple reason I think it’s set to win Director and Adapted Screenplay. With this in mind I think it’s fairly to easy to understand anyone claiming it’ll win BP at this stage. That’s a formidable combo of awards and I haven’t seen anything yet to shift it as a frontrunner in both of those. I think the consensus for now is that Campion is top of the pile in the Director race and I’m not really sure anything in Adapted can claim to be ahead of it, or all that close to it at all really. It’s harder to justify Belfast, although it has a shot in Director and Screenplay so over time I can see myself considering it as more directly challenging TPOTD. King Richard I can’t see as a BP winner – it feels sorta like Minari last season in the sense that people were saying it’s totally inoffensive and everyone loves it so it can spring a surprise but in reality that level of passion just isn’t there beyond a lone acting win.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 496 through 498 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.