Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 519 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Writing off The French Dispatch this early might be a bit outrageous, but if its main weakness is its Screenplay like some mentioned, then I can see why people saying French Dispatch would miss. Its pretty much right up his alley and if the Screenplay is its main flaws, well… something doesnt feel right…

That being said, we only have two locks at this point and the race is still open until the end of the year. The Humans may stand a chance to gets in, especially if Macbeth is underwhelming.

I dont know whether Cry Macho will happen or not. Dune and King Richard seems to be the safer bet.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

Cry Macho is a flop that will get no nominations.

Profile picture
    SaulAtreides
    Topics:

Yeah Cry Macho is definitely not happening.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Clint Eastwood is 187 years old still out here acting and directing! I’m for sure going to watch it, on HBOMax like the rest of the world lol.

This will indeed flop and not be nominated for anything

Profile picture
    Oleageoun
    Topics:

Spencer with that 6.4 IDMb score lmao, audiences are gonna hate this movie.

This movie comes out in 2 days with no buzz or excitement from anyone.

Eastwood’s last movie literally got 100M in US, his movies just don’t flop. People still absolutely adore him

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Eastwood’s last movie literally got 100M in US, his movies just don’t flop. People still absolutely adore him

These lies. Richard Jewell made 43 million on a 45 million budget. Nobody cares about this man’s movies anymore.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Why do you feel the urgency to sh*t on Clint Eastwood? Leave the old man alone!

Profile picture
    Oleageoun
    Topics:

These lies. Richard Jewell made 43 million on a 45 million budget. Nobody cares about this man’s movies anymore.

I meant the last movie starring him, Eastwood the actor.

Nobody cares about this man’s movies anymore.

Eastwood’s 20th biggest movie is probably bigger than the biggest movie Carey Mulligan ever did lol. So put some respect on his name

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Cry Macho opens up to a 52% Rotten Tomatoes score and a 54 on Metacritic with 21 reviews.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Who the hell even bother to predict Clint Eastwood movies these days lol

Profile picture
    fvg627
    Topics:

After opening in certain European markets today, Dune’s letterboxd score moves from a 3.9 to a 4.2. Box office remains to be seen.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Listen, I LOVED Gran Torino, it’s his last great film to date IMO , it’s a masterpiece. He has directed some amazing films: Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Unforgiven, The Outlaw Of Josey Wales, but come on come on(pun intended) that man is 180 years old! I will still watch his work and respect him for still working, but he hasn’t been a thing for years. Sully was a big box office success for him and American Sniper too but hang it up with your legacy already. As an actor, again come on come on, he was always a better director.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Spencer with that 6.4 IDMb score lmao, audiences are gonna hate this movie.

All the festival films have 6.something scores. Not a big enough audience sample yet.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

And here’s King Richard, further looking to lock several major nominations (and a potential BP win alongside Will Smith‘s potential best actor triumph? Possibly). Plus Smith is a credited producer on the film (“labor of love”), and I’m not sleeping on the potential for Reinaldo Marcus Green to score a BD nom at DGA and the Oscars. No one should be, tbh.

Will Smith’s ‘King Richard’ to Close AFI Film Festival

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

And here’s King Richard, further looking to lock several major nominations (and a potential BP win along side Will Smith’s potential best actor triumph? Possibly).

Will Smith’s ‘King Richard’ to Close AFI Film Festival<

I’m really glad it’s going to another fest!!!

Came here to say: I am actually legit a bit shocked by how much critics (not pundits!) continue to love TPOTD. 3 or 4 new reviews in 2 days and SO MANY say it’s their favorite of the year, I mean it’s…surprising just how passionate people are about it. Honestly not all critics are full-on hardcore cinephiles, many of these people like Belfast a lot too. But TPOTD is so NOT Mank, which has a 79 MC score, and yeah it was a hit with critics but many critics (again, not pundits) didn’t like it one bit.

I’ve been thinking a lot the past week or so that TPOTD just doesn’t have what it takes to win, but it’s been long enough that we would see some Mank-style takedown from at least one critic, and we haven’t seen that :/ Like, c’mon this is far closer to Nomadland than Mank, and that may not be a good thing: they’re very different films, but for a film to follow the exact same trajectory two consecutive years?…….seems so unlikely, but the passion IS undeniable I can’t help but think DAAAMN.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.