Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 490 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
fefface
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Dune got more views in its second trailer in one day than both Shang chi and Eternals did with its first trailer on day 1.
    You guys can predict any other reason for the movie to underperform but this is literally not it. And calling everyone an annoying stan for pointing it out is stupid

Would you mind stating your source for this?

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

HOUSE OF GUCCI trailer this 29th

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

While I’m still convinced it’s not getting nominated, it looks like Annette has started screening for non-Cannes critics/journalists.

Interested to see if Carax can pick up any momentum for the arthouse director slot post- his Cannes win.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Picture 

1. The Power of the Dog

2. Don’t Look Up

3. Soggy Bottom

4. Nightmare Alley

5. The French Dispatch

6. Dune

7. House of Gucci

8. The Tragedy of Macbeth

9. The Hand of God

10. Last Night in Soho

Director

1. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog

2. Paul Thomas Anderson, Soggy Bottom

3. Denis Villeneuve, Dune

4. Guillermo Del Toro, Nightmare Alley

5. Paolo Sorrentino, The Hand of God

Difficult to omit Coen and McKay from Director. Actually found assembling a 10 for Picture pretty difficult when it came to filling the last slot.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Dune topic gets brought up over and over cause of posts like this:

There’s going to be 3-4 movies which have bigger box office than Dune in just October, No Time to Die, Hotel Transylvania 4, The Last Duel and Halloween Kills. This ain’t no LOTR people, all 3 of those movies were the biggest movies their respective years. And if LOTR got best pic only at the 3rd time, Dune got zero chance.

The Last Duel, with the trailer that got only 3.6M views in 3 days vs Dune’s second trailer that got 6.7M views on YT in 2 days, and that doesn’t have built-in fandom unlike Dune, is going to have bigger boxoffice? OK.

Halloween Kills is going to open lower than Halloween but drop as biggly as that movie. Halloween had a terrible internal multiplier only 2.1. So this isn’t a sure thing if Dune opens bigger than expected (and expectations are in BR2049 range which is 32M cause nobody has another movie to compare Dune to) and has strong legs.

Hotel Transilvania is an animated family movie so it doesn’t matter whether it outgrosses a movie for adults.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

While I’m still convinced it’s not getting nominated, it looks like Annette has started screening for non-Cannes critics/journalists. Interested to see if Carax can pick up any momentum for the arthouse director slot post- his Cannes win.

Have any non-Cannes journalists and critics posted reactions?

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Have any non-Cannes journalists and critics posted reactions?

I’ve seen a few yeah.

one
    two
    three
    four
    five
    six
    seven

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Based on Paul Schrader’s Facebook posts I think he might be single-handedly trying to tank The Card Counter.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Based on Paul Schrader’s Facebook posts I think he might be single-handedly trying to tank The Card Counter.

Schrader is tanking this film’s chances. It’s not touching screenplay and neither Isaac or Dafoe will be touching any nominations.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Schrader is tanking this film’s chances. It’s not touching screenplay and neither Isaac or Dafoe will be touching any nominations.

I don’t use Facebook, can someone elaborate?

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Noomi Rapace Lamb (Actress)
    Kristen Stewart, Sally Hawkins, Timothy Spall Spencer (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Penelope Cruz, Israel Elejalde, Milena Smit, Julieta Serrano, Rossy de Palma Madres Paralelas (Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren The Duke (Actor/Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I don’t use Facebook, can someone elaborate?

Are you on Twitter? There’s a Twitter account that screenshots all his posts, here’s the link to the most recent one:

https://twitter.com/paul_posts/status/1418793936894808075

You should hopefully be able to see it even if you don’t have an account.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Are you on Twitter? There’s a Twitter account that screenshots all his posts, here’s the link to the most recent one: https://twitter.com/paul_posts/status/1418793936894808075 You should hopefully be able to see it even if you don’t have an account.

I don’t use Twitter either but thanks for the heads up, will check anyway, can sometimes see posts there without logging in. I banned myself from most social media when I realised they were eating my soul…

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Noomi Rapace Lamb (Actress)
    Kristen Stewart, Sally Hawkins, Timothy Spall Spencer (Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Penelope Cruz, Israel Elejalde, Milena Smit, Julieta Serrano, Rossy de Palma Madres Paralelas (Actress, Supporting Actor/Actress)
    Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren The Duke (Actor/Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Coltrane
    Topics:

Paul Schrader is really making a fool of himself there. That’s terrible.

Profile picture
    Coltrane
    Topics:

Best Picture

1. The Power of the Dog
    2. The Tragedy of Macbeth
    3. Soggy Bottom
    4. Coda
    5. Nightmare Alley
    6. Dune
    7. West Side Story
    8. Last Night in Soho
    9. Passing
    10. The French Dispatch

Possible: Cyrano, The Humans, Parallel Mothers, The Hand of God, Mass

Director:

1. Jane Campion, THE POWER OF THE DOG
    2. Edgar Wright, LAST NIGHT IN SOHO
    3. Guillermo del Toro, NIGHTMARE ALLEY
    4. Paul Thomas Anderson, SOGGY BOTTOM
    5. Paolo Sorrentino, THE HAND OF GOD

Possible: Sian Heder, CODA, Pedro Almodóvar, PARALLEL MOTHERS, Rebecca Hall, PASSING, Denis Villeneuve, DUNE

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Let’s be honest, though, Schrader gets in once every 20 years or so lol. Even if Card Counter is good, it could still perform like American Gigolo or Blue Collar – regarded as two of his best. And, ngl, Schrader’s made a lot of cr*p in the last ten years. First Reformed could have been a fluke. I hope not because I want another great Oscar Isaac performance – miss his Ex Machina/Most Violent Year/Llewyn Davis days.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director’ is closed to new replies.