Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 490 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
fefface
loudtoilet

• James Gibson
    Topics:

Iñárritu has 2 Oscars for Best Director for…

2 terrible movies

kaziz
    Topics:

Its ridiculous that someone mentioned The Piano shouldve won BP because something called Schindler’s List exists

I prefer The Piano. Sorry?

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

kaziz
    Topics:

Yep, this is fair. Pedro Almodovar is arguably even better placed than Asghar Farhadi (arguably).

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Almond
    Topics:

Guillermo del Toro is a fat cunt.

???

https://youtu.be/o_iM4Z8FkQg

kaziz
    Topics:

There’s some uncommonly terrible people in the forums nowadays. Ignoring them is really hard but must be done.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

SUPER EARLY PREDICTIONS

Best Picture
    A Hero
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch
    The Harder They Fall
    House of Gucci
    Nightmare Alley
    Soggy Bottom
    The Power of the Dog
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    West Side Story

Best Director
    Paul Thomas Anderson, Soggy Bottom
    Joel Coen, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Asghar Farhadi, A Hero
    Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley

Harmen Moes
    Topics:

RT just got a Top 7 of those that have the most buzz for the Oscars season and are competing for the Palme d’Or. Annette, Bennedetta and The French Dispatch are on the list. I missed A Hero… He’s going to win the Golden Palm, right?

Elsa Korr
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1412840192688287745?s=19

Nightmare Alley is rated as R

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

JV
    Topics:

So, The Power of the Dog is obviously not going to be released this year, right ?

Don’t Look Up is a December release and why would Netflix have two big contenders coming out in the same month ? Sure, Ma Rainey and Mank came out in the same week, but the former was the third priority at the beginning of the season and after Mank flopped they tried to give Ma Rainey a boost and they failed because they released their movies too early with the extended season ahead.

The other option is that they don’t expect The Power of the Dog to be an Oscar player.

Edit: I forgot that the movie is already going to festivals, so I don’t know what Netflix’s strategy will be.

gorman
    Topics:

So, The Power of the Dog is obviously not going to be released this year, right ? Don’t Look Up is a December release and why would Netflix have two big contenders coming out in the same month ? Sure, Ma Rainey and Mank came out in the same week, but the former was the third priority at the beginning of the season and after Mank flopped they tried to give Ma Rainey a boost and they failed because they released their movies too early with the extended season ahead. The other option is that they don’t expect The Power of the Dog to be an Oscar player. Edit: I forgot that the movie is already going to festivals, so I don’t know what Netflix’s strategy will be.

Netflix premiered Roma at Venice at the end of August and released it on the Netflix in November, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t go the same route again now that TPOTD is confirmed for Venice. Allows for the standard gap you generally see between their releases of top contenders. Don’t see anything glaringly strange about their schedule this year.

Stank83
    Topics:

The Power of The Dog: November

Don’t Look Up: December

wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Power of the Dog will be Netflix’s Marriage Story and <i>Don’t Look Up</i> will be their The Irishman.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I think The Power of the Dog will be Netflix’s Marriage Story and <i>Don’t Look Up</i> will be their The Irishman.

Don’t Look Up 0 Wins?

SN
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up will flop

Donnna
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up will flop

Maybe no wins but a ton of nominations. After Vice got in everywhere I doubt don’t look up will not get in even without good acclaim. Early reviews are good.
    It is getting in best actor, best pic, supporting actor, screenplay and original song definitely.
    Might get in best director and actress.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director’ is closed to new replies.