Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 490 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
fefface
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Iñárritu has 2 Oscars for Best Director for…

2 terrible movies

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Its ridiculous that someone mentioned The Piano shouldve won BP because something called Schindler’s List exists

I prefer The Piano. Sorry?

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yep, this is fair. Pedro Almodovar is arguably even better placed than Asghar Farhadi (arguably).

FYC:

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Guillermo del Toro is a fat cunt.

???

https://youtu.be/o_iM4Z8FkQg

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

There’s some uncommonly terrible people in the forums nowadays. Ignoring them is really hard but must be done.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

SUPER EARLY PREDICTIONS

Best Picture
    A Hero
    Don’t Look Up
    The French Dispatch
    The Harder They Fall
    House of Gucci
    Nightmare Alley
    Soggy Bottom
    The Power of the Dog
    The Tragedy of Macbeth
    West Side Story

Best Director
    Paul Thomas Anderson, Soggy Bottom
    Joel Coen, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    Asghar Farhadi, A Hero
    Adam McKay, Don’t Look Up
    Guillermo del Toro, Nightmare Alley

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

RT just got a Top 7 of those that have the most buzz for the Oscars season and are competing for the Palme d’Or. Annette, Bennedetta and The French Dispatch are on the list. I missed A Hero… He’s going to win the Golden Palm, right?

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1412840192688287745?s=19

Nightmare Alley is rated as R

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

So, The Power of the Dog is obviously not going to be released this year, right ?

Don’t Look Up is a December release and why would Netflix have two big contenders coming out in the same month ? Sure, Ma Rainey and Mank came out in the same week, but the former was the third priority at the beginning of the season and after Mank flopped they tried to give Ma Rainey a boost and they failed because they released their movies too early with the extended season ahead.

The other option is that they don’t expect The Power of the Dog to be an Oscar player.

Edit: I forgot that the movie is already going to festivals, so I don’t know what Netflix’s strategy will be.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

So, The Power of the Dog is obviously not going to be released this year, right ? Don’t Look Up is a December release and why would Netflix have two big contenders coming out in the same month ? Sure, Ma Rainey and Mank came out in the same week, but the former was the third priority at the beginning of the season and after Mank flopped they tried to give Ma Rainey a boost and they failed because they released their movies too early with the extended season ahead. The other option is that they don’t expect The Power of the Dog to be an Oscar player. Edit: I forgot that the movie is already going to festivals, so I don’t know what Netflix’s strategy will be.

Netflix premiered Roma at Venice at the end of August and released it on the Netflix in November, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t go the same route again now that TPOTD is confirmed for Venice. Allows for the standard gap you generally see between their releases of top contenders. Don’t see anything glaringly strange about their schedule this year.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

The Power of The Dog: November

Don’t Look Up: December

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Power of the Dog will be Netflix’s Marriage Story and <i>Don’t Look Up</i> will be their The Irishman.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I think The Power of the Dog will be Netflix’s Marriage Story and <i>Don’t Look Up</i> will be their The Irishman.

Don’t Look Up 0 Wins?

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up will flop

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up will flop

Maybe no wins but a ton of nominations. After Vice got in everywhere I doubt don’t look up will not get in even without good acclaim. Early reviews are good.
    It is getting in best actor, best pic, supporting actor, screenplay and original song definitely.
    Might get in best director and actress.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director’ is closed to new replies.