Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 481 through 490 (of 490 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
fefface
loudtoilet
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Oh reviews not only aren’t be all and end all but they always deceive about prospects. Many critics darlings completely flopped with awards while not-so-loved ones scored big. Also, as fefface said in Actor, GK isn’t going to keep the momentum. It’s a long way to Oscar season and soon it’s going to be all about fall festival releases.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

You’re right that neither will happen but this is not a good comparison. One of those movies opened a major festival, won a big prize and has a forthcoming worldwide theatrical rollout.  

Also there will be gifs of certain scenes allllllll over social media when this film comes out. Everywhere.

It’s such a shame about The Green Knight – to see a film seemingly that good just have its release pulled two weeks beforehand. It feels like it really demands a big screen experience. Also it feels like something BAFTA would embrace but depending on what they do about their rules this year it might not qualify.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Green Knight’s UK release hasn’t been pulled permanently. It’s just been pulled from the schedules for now due to the Delta variant.

It remains to be seen if it will return or if it will go straight to streaming.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

The Green Knight’s UK release hasn’t been pulled permanently. It’s just been pulled from the schedules for now due to the Delta variant. It remains to be seen if it will return or if it will go straight to streaming.

Unfortunately I think it’s more likely we see more films taken out of the schedule than those that have been pulled making a comeback.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unfortunately I think it’s more likely we see more films taken out of the schedule than those that have been pulled making a comeback.

Possible. It just really depends on what happens over here over the next few weeks. Btw lifting all indoor Covid restrictions in the middle of the rise of a deadly variant is just tomfoolery imo. I was so looking forward to finally walking back into a cinema theatre because I’ve been double-jabbed but I’m not going to anymore if people aren’t being forced to wear masks inside screenings and restrictions are not being enforced.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Current predictions:

Picture:
    1. Dune
    2. Soggy Bottom
    3. Coda
    4. The Power of The Dog
    5. Mass
    6. tick…tick..Boom!
    7. A Hero
    8. West Side Story
    9. The French Dispatch
    10. Eternals

Director:
    1. Villneuve
    2. PTA
    3. Campion
    4. Farhadi
    5. Wes

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

CODA’s best hope at any nominations is Supporting Actress, and Apple knows this and wants to push her. So there may be somewhat of a chance. I still doubt it, tho

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

CODA’s best hope at any nominations is Supporting Actress, and Apple knows this and wants to push her. So there may be somewhat of a chance. I still doubt it, tho

A crowd pleaser that won the Sundance Jury Award is a contender for Best Picture(Whiplash, Minari, Precious, Winter’s Bone, Beasts of The Southern Wild)

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

Are there any threads focused on the Best International Film 2022 Oscar predictions?

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

4. Tick Tick Boom is apparently Netflix’s biggest overall push as it reportedly played “really really well” with test audiences .

Seems very weird since they have Don’t Look Up and The Power of The Dog already as their two big pushes this year.

Btw is Don’t Look Up going to any festival, NYFF, or even London or the AFI (The Big Short premiered there)???

Viewing 10 posts - 481 through 490 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Picture and Director’ is closed to new replies.