Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 500 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 2.

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

So we finally got to part 2 with this one, meanwhile in Best Actress…

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

After today’s reactions, it looks like The Humans is a strong competitor for The People’s Choice Award alongside Belfast, maybe it can get the runner-up position.

Now i can see this movie having enough passion and support to get a BP nomination if it’s among the top 3 at TIFF, and thus hugely helping Jenkins’s chances for a win.

So to me these are the top 3 Supp. Nominees for now are:

1. Jenkins

2. Smit McPhee

3. Garfield

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Jenkins (The Humans)

Cooper

Rylance

Safdie

Hinds

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Jenkins (The Humans) Cooper Rylance Safdie Hinds

Did you forget TPotD exists?

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, Barry, The Great, Hacks, Only Murders in the Building, Reservation Dogs, Ted Lasso, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Better Call Saul, Ozark, Pachinko, Severance, Squid Game, Stranger Things, Succession, This Is Us, Yellowjackets

Limited Series - Station Eleven

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Jenkins (The Humans)

Cooper

Rylance

Safdie

Hinds

Predicting no KSM nom – bold call.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Did you forget TPotD exists?

Yes. I forgot to include him lol

Jenkins (The Humans)

Cooper

Rylance

Smit-McPhee

Hinds

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Rylance is the likeliest of the Don’t Look Up supporting cast to get in if the film’s a contender. He’s overdue a second nomination, he has a strong pedigree as an actor and he’s got a makeup transformation.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Yes. I forgot to include him lol Jenkins (The Humans) Cooper Rylance Smit-McPhee Hinds

LMFAO. That is so funny hahahahaha. I was kinda just teasing, thinking you had premonitions about his chances or something. The fact that you actually just forgot is *chef’s kiss*.

Emmys FYC:

Comedy Series - Abbott Elementary, Atlanta, Barry, The Great, Hacks, Only Murders in the Building, Reservation Dogs, Ted Lasso, What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series - Better Call Saul, Ozark, Pachinko, Severance, Squid Game, Stranger Things, Succession, This Is Us, Yellowjackets

Limited Series - Station Eleven

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t see either of the supporting guys for TPOTD getting in. Smit-McPhee is good, but not great and Plemons, well, just nah lol

Not so much responding to you because I was gonna post it anyway—regardless of nom potential, I read a freaking AMAZING interpretation of George (Plemons) in an LB review that you just have to read. It feels so right but I’m not putting this here to comment on his awards chances, mostly just that I love how TPOTD supports so many fucking interpretations! It’s brilliant! And this person hasn’t read the book + I’d never totally thought about it that way despite having read the book so I just love it.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Anyway.

1. Richard Jenkins, The Humans
    2. Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog
    3. Ciaran Hinds, Belfast
    4. Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog
    5. Idris Elba, The Harder They Fall

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t think Jamie Dornan is going Lead, unless Jude Hill gets the Hailee Steinfeld treatment, which I don’t think it will happen, considering the movie is told through his POV.

I think Dornan stands a chance at a nomination in Supporting, possibly kicking out Ciaran Hinds.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Kodi is an unknown and isn’t giving some kind of revelation of a performance.

But…it is 🙁 lol it’s okay, I don’t have to convince you. I think it really is great, and I think enough people do think so. In fact I’m kind of surprised how many features and stories Smit-McPhee is getting because of this role, and also—really, with TPOTD, there just is NO definitive consensus! NONE lol, even amongst the people who loved it. It’s so weird lol!

I’ve talked to people who think it’s the Cumberbatch show, others the Dunst show, then others who think KODI is the MAIN CHARACTER, then others who think Plemons is just as prominent as Cumberbatch. People think Dunst is barely in it, others think Dunst is there in it more than Cumberbatch. Some people think Plemons is barely in it, others think he’s there throughout. I mean this film is truly a PUZZLE to me: I don’t think any two of us see things similarly! Yeah, rewatches are necessary for me at least lol

I think the most common thing is Cumberbatch & Dunst, but also everyone. Most people just love all 4, which is me. I genuinely think they’re all freaking amazing & I expected to think Dunst>>>>them all LOL, but I really was blown away by everyone :/

I definitely think Jesse Plemons is a big enough name tho. If neither have much passion (I think they will, 8% of a bajillion people need to like them), then I’d say………..Jesse can DEF coattail. I mean people really do LOVE him (like just regular people! He’s worked with so much of the industry in the last few years alone, he’s amassed a whole decade’s worth of respect).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.