Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

With how weak this category is I can actually see Kodi Smit-McPhee making a run for the win. He is sure to rack up some critics awards and is in a top 2 contender.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Yeah I hate Affleck but even I thought he was so much fun in TLD. An absolutely unhinged performance.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Kodi Smit McPhee (The Power of The Dog)

2. Jamie Dornan (Belfast)

3. Jonah Hill (Don’t Look Up) 

4. Ciaran Hinds (Belfast) 

5. Ben Affleck (The Last Duel) 

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

With how weak this category is I can actually see Kodi Smit-McPhee making a run for the win. He is sure to rack up some critics awards and is in a top 2 contender.

Yeah he looks to be in a good spot until you consider how rare it is for a young newcomer to win a category that’s basically built for vets. Hinds has a better shot imo, just going off of…trends. Both supporting categories just LOVE their industry vets, it’s…yeah it’s something. 100% will rack up some critics wins yep, if Plemons gets in it’s a nightmare, and actually I’d say IF Plemons gets in, he’d have the better shot (IF).

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Ben Affleck (The Last Duel)

Really? So despite a seemingly cartoonish turn in this and apparently a great turn in The Tender Bar, you think this will happen? I’m not arguing, I’m just curious! The Last Duel‘s resurgence has been interesting, I wonder if it’ll last.

FYC:
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Really? So despite a seemingly cartoonish turn in this and apparently a great turn in The Tender Bar, you think this will happen? I’m not arguing, I’m just curious! The Last Duel‘s resurgence has been interesting, I wonder if it’ll last.

I mean Brad Pitt happened for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. LOL. I was mostly kidding. I think his turn was far from cartoonish and I enjoyed his performance. He was the most memorable character outside of Comer, but I don’t think he’s happening. Was just making a joke of how dead this field is.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Balfe and Dunst are unequivocal supporting players in their films right? Most likely one of them will win, so what is the Supporting Actor winner is another category fraud winner? Just like supporting and fraud winning pairs: Janney Rockwell, Youn Kaluuya, King Ali, Davis Ali, Rylance Vikander etc.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Balfe and Dunst are unequivocal supporting players in their films right? Most likely one of them will win, so what is the Supporting Actor winner is another category fraud winner? Just like supporting and fraud winning pairs: Janney Rockwell, Youn Kaluuya, King Ali, Davis Ali, Rylance Vikander etc.

Ohhhhh you mean one is fraud, the other supporting. Mmm I dunno, technically I do think Dunst is fraud & Balfe isn’t. But that’s me so. Jason Isaacs would def be a fraud winner, Richard Jenkins has a role that went lead for the Tonys, Kodi is also a co-lead for me. Dornan/Hinds/Affleck/Cooper are all definitely supporting though, and the DLU, Nightmare Alley men are supporting too.

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Ohhhhh you mean one is fraud, the other supporting. Mmm I dunno, technically I do think Dunst is fraud & Balfe isn’t. But that’s me so. Jason Isaacs would def be a fraud winner, Richard Jenkins has a role that went lead for the Tonys, Kodi is also a co-lead for me. Dornan/Hinds/Affleck/Cooper are all definitely supporting though, and the DLU, Nightmare Alley men are supporting too.

Yeah I’m just wondering if this year could repeat a supporting performance while the other supporting winner is fraud. It’s mostly boredom with this category in particular that made me think if this stat, which I admit is fallible, could hold true this year. Jenkins in The Humans probably will have the most screen time out of the supporting performances so it’s possible he could be the fraud winner of the year? Ugh this category is just so bland to think of possible winners at this point.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yeah I’m just wondering if this year could repeat a supporting performance while the other supporting winner is fraud. It’s mostly boredom with this category in particular that made me think if this stat, which I admit is fallible, could hold true this year. Jenkins in The Humans probably will have the most screen time out of the supporting performances so it’s possible he could be the fraud winner of the year? Ugh this category is just so bland to think of possible winners at this point.

Lol very true. Although I would def not be mad if Ciaran Hinds wins. I don’t like Belfast, but the man is a treasure. Would also ofc be delighted if Smit-McPhee or Plemons won and ya I do think Plemons is on par with everyone else 😋

FYC:

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Just watched “The Last Duel”. Affleck’ s Count Pierre is a caricature not a a character. Sure, he’s fun, but Oscar worthy? Nah! We’re at the bottom of the barrel if we’re considering him.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Maybe it’s because I haven’t been on these forums for a while, but I’m still clinging like hell to Bradley Cooper in Licorice Pizza as the winner.

You don’t necessarily need a big part in the movie to win if you’re a big name and you have a big performance. The clip in the trailer of him yelling his head off and smashing those cars suggests that he will have that big performance. It’s the kind of flashy, fun, scene-stealing stuff that brought Laura Dern and Brad Pitt their long-awaited trophies.

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Maybe it’s because I haven’t been on these forums for a while, but I’m still clinging like hell to Bradley Cooper in Licorice Pizza as the winner. You don’t necessarily need a big part in the movie to win if you’re a big name and you have a big performance. The clip in the trailer of him yelling his head off and smashing those cars suggests that he will have that big performance. It’s the kind of flashy, fun, scene-stealing stuff that brought Laura Dern and Brad Pitt their long-awaited trophies.

I agree. Plus this category is very weak and very messy, and if Licorice Pizza is as competitive for BP, BD, and Screenplay as people are predicting, I could see Cooper just taking this. People have won for less in the past. No one else really makes sense to me, besides maybe Kodi Smit-McPhee, who I think will be getting a lot of Supporting Actor wins at the critics awards and is in a movie that is top 2 for BP, BD, Adapted Screenplay, Supporting Actress, and arguably Actor.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Hadn’t realized until looking back through this thread that this absolute MAN was getting so much hype.

Jon Bernthal

I thirst-predicted Evan Peters all the way to a nomination at the Emmys this year, and I will do the same here!!!

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Rockwell as lead? Is that a common opinion? Seems awfully weird to me.

(And imma say Davis is supporting yet again 😊)

Oscars FYC:
    Picture: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Director: Jane Campion, Denis Villeneuve
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons
    Adapted Screenplay: Dune, Passing, The Power of the Dog
    Cinematography: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Costume Design: Dune
    Film Editing: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Production Design: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Sound: Dune, The Power of the Dog
    Visual Effects: Dune, Free Guy

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.