Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Also, as of now, my gut tells me 4 men from Belfast and TPOTD are all getting in. Dune, Spencer, King Richard, Nightmare Alley, WSS, DLU—none of these films seem to offer strong enough contenders. Hinds Dornan Plemons Smit-McPhee The two films are strong enough, charisma is there, campaign is there, respect + breakout + veteran + reputation + charisma, in an unsettled category. But whoever that 5th person is—that’s probably who’ll win, and it will likely be an all-white lineup. Maybe, probably that person is Jenkins, I just have this feeling that 5th unsettled person who emerges from critics groups etc will take it and go all the way.

That’s my lineup right now: Jenkins, Smit-McPhee, Plemons, Hinds and Dornan.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I don’t think The Humans will go anywhere. Pacino looks like he has a substantial role in Gucci and his acting cachet should allow him to prevail over Leto. I’m not very confident in Cooper making it in, but since I’m predicting Licorice Pizza for Best Picture I might as well predict the most likely acting nomination from the film.

1. Smit-McPhee

2. Hinds

3. Pacino

4. Simmons

5. Cooper

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

People still clinging to Jenkins huh

Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Kodi might get lucky and capitalize on this category being a mess. If you think he’s too young remember Anna Paquin? If someone can do it then it’s Jane Campion. Anyway, prayer circle.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Current predictions (as of October 30, 2021):

Jamie Dornan, Belfast
    Ciarin Hinds, Belfast
    Jason Isaacs, Mass
    Jared Leto, House of Gucci
    Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog

Still not sold on Richard Jenkins making it in for The Humans, and I definitely don’t believe that Bradley Cooper will get nominated for Licorice Pizza. Jesse Plemons is in 6th place for me. I have to see Corey Hawkins in The Tragedy of Macbeth as I am surprised by how high he is in the predictions. I am curious about the other actors who are in House of Gucci and am looking forward to seeing the movie on Thanksgiving day.

I am predicting Jamie Dornan will win.

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

It is rather odd to me how Jenkins has stayed in 1st place in the odds while Houdyshell has plummeted to 87/1 or something thereabouts, when judging by TIFF reviews alone hers was the more warmly received performance. Name recognition and the apparent thinness of competition has kept Jenkins afloat, but I seriously wonder if this is one of those pundit-only things that will eventually run its course.

Profile picture
    We keep the news light!
    Topics:

Last October predix:

Jamie Dornan
    Jon Bernthal
    Timothy Spall
    Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Jason Isaacs

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

It is rather odd to me how Jenkins has stayed in 1st place in the odds while Houdyshell has plummeted to 87/1 or something thereabouts, when judging by TIFF reviews alone hers was the more warmly received performance. Name recognition and the apparent thinness of competition has kept Jenkins afloat, but I seriously wonder if this is one of those pundit-only things that will eventually run its course.

#TeamJenkins and TeamHoudyshell 4 life here, but a while back I dropped the notion of The Humans getting any Oscar noms. A24 is throwing off several signs (festival placement, the Deadline Contenders lineup, the day-and-date release deal with Showtime for The Humans) that C’mon C’mon, Red Rocket and its 50% promo stake in The Tragedy of Macbeth are the studio’s awards-season priorities.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think people should watch out for Rob Morgan. He has the third biggest role in Don’t Look Up, and if the movies becomes a big player they could go with him. He already should have been nominated for Mudbound (instead of Dafoe in The Florida Project, which I never understood the hype behind that performance)

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

As of now

1 – Richard Jenkins

2 – Kodi Smit-McPhee

3 – Jared Leto

4 – Jason Isaacs

5 – Jamie Dornan

Profile picture
    Iamelle
    Topics:

1 – Kodi

2 – Ciaran

3 – Al Pacino

4 – Jared

5 – Bradley

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

For such a weak year, the least Jeffrey Wright deserves is a campaign for his take on James Baldwin in The French Dispatch.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

For such a weak year, the least Jeffrey Wright deserves is a campaign for his take on James Baldwin in The French Dispatch.

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but yes to Jeffrey Wright and yes to James Baldwin.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I haven’t seen the movie yet, but yes to Jeffrey Wright and yes to James Baldwin.

Haven’t seen The French Dispatch yet, but it is truly heartbreaking to me that Jeffrey Wright, who is such an awesome actor, turned out to have some pretty awful politics during the Dem primaries

(He had multiple meltdowns in the Dem primaries, went after AOC, and just in general went on rips calling Bernie a “fundamentalist” and literally equating him to the far right for months. It was all very Alyssa Milano, but weirdly…worse. If Bernie was pictured in conversation with a Black person at a rally, he’d be like “LOOK IT’S BERNIE’S BLACK PEOPLE PHOTO OP”)

Ugh this man doesnt deserve to play Baldwin lol, but sadly… he IS a great actor, and I’m sure he’s fantastic. Anyway.

It’s so weird to me how Hollywood actors play SUPER RADICAL people all the time and learn absolutely nothing. It’s so trendy now in fact 😞 I suppose that’s partly why Kaluuya/Stanfield’s nominations felt so good because they’re both pretty darn left (then again, younger actors do tend to be).

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Most people aren’t particularly extreme. Wright was annoying but so was everyone else during that miserable primary.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.