Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 496 through 500 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Penn is above Cooper on Pizza’s FYC site. I assume MGM/UA are making him their main supporting push

PizzaFYC

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Most people aren’t particularly extreme. Wright was annoying but so was everyone else during that miserable primary.

True. I mean the hardcore centrists REALLY showed their asses, but there were plenty of celebs who endorsed Bernie or Warren and when Biden won, they celebrated Kamala. It really isn’t extreme to be as left as Bernie anymore — for the most part, even Biden isn’t operating like a centrist. But I digress. Wright was a right old a-hole is my point, it was pretty awful.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Penn is above Cooper on Pizza’s FYC site. I assume MGM/UA are making him their main supporting push PizzaFYC

I honestly don’t know if it means that much. It was the same billing order in the trailer. Bradley Cooper got the “With” credit and Safdie got the “And” credit.

A lack of Tom Waits, though, would suggest his role is more of a cameo.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

God I wish I lived in a world where Tom Waits got an acting Oscar. I think he could do it too if he got a meaty enough part.

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Best Supporting Actor:

1.       Bradley Cooper – Licorice Pizza (You all have to apologies to me, if he actually wins)

2.       Kodi Smit-McPhee – The Power Of The Dog

3.       Jared Leto – House Of Gucci (This forum will never live it down if Jared Leto gets close to winning here… which is more plausible than we’re admitting)

4.       Ciaran Hinds – Belfast

5.       Jamie Dornan – Belfast

6.       Jesse Plemons – The Power Of The Dog

7.       Jon Bernthal – King Richard

8.       JK Simmons – Being The Ricardos

9.       Ben Affleck – The Tender Bar/The Last Duel (Combining these, because I feel like Critics’ Choice will nominate him for one or the other, which could give him a boost that gets him an undeserved nomination… If you wanted to nominate Affleck, they should have done it for Argo – which he isn’t even THAAAT good in.)

10.   Al Pacino – House Of Gucci (I feel like Jared Leto gets the bigger part, but, if not, Al Pacino might rise for me)

11.   Jonah Hill – Don’t Look Up (He could get in, if Don’t Look Up becomes the frontrunner for Picture, which I have a feeling could actually happen. Another thing this forum would never live down.)

12.   David Alvarez – West Side Story

13.   Richard Jenkins – The Humans (I think we need to let this one go)

14.   Timothy Spall – Spencer (I feel like he stands a solid chance of getting in at BAFTA)

15.   Sean Penn – Licorice Pizza/Benny Safdie – Licorice Pizza/Rob Morgan – Don’t Look Up/Mark Rylance – Don’t Look Up (This makes my life easier – literally the 15th slot here is for actors with prestige, who could be literal cameos, but we don’t know, because we’ve only seen snippets of them in their films)

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 5 posts - 496 through 500 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.