Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 394 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
20 hours ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Dafoe isn’t the only recognizable name in the cast, but he’s billed higher than everyone except Cooper and Blanchett. Maybe that means all the supporting cast have small roles, or maybe it means he’ll have the most significant one. There is no reason to believe this adaption will be a straightforward one, they can easily beef up roles if they want to. Again, not saying he’s getting in, but it’s too early to say he’s a nonfactor just because you came to that conclusion from reading a couple Wikipedia pages.

I cant deal with this delusional Dafoe predicting, so this is my last comment on it:

Collette is also billed higher than Dafoe, so it’s not just Blanchett and Cooper. What that’s means is everybody else is probably in small parts.

And I’m not saying his part couldnt be beefed up. It could. But not beefed up in the way that he has a lot of material. Just more lines. The bigger the role doesn’t mean the better the role or performance. Hes still a nonfactor. And yes you can gauge that from reading a couple pages on wikipedia. The role is not an Academy-Award-nomination-worthy role.

Idc if you believe me, I was just trying to enlighten you, but if you dont care, then ig you’ll see I’m right in three months time.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Isn’t the billing in alphabetical order besides Cooper lol

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Yes it is and rightfully so they put her 2nd billing. Idc if she’s supporting or lead. You know a queen can’t be billed for anything but the top tier.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Yes it is and rightfully so they put her 2nd billing. Idc if she’s supporting or lead. You know a queen can’t be billed for anything but the top tier.

Wbk she’s going to pull a 3rd Oscar playing a fictional character like she pulled her 2nd with Blue Jasmine.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Wbk she’s going to pull a 3rd Oscar playing a fictional character like she pulled her 2nd with Blue Jasmine.

Kaziz don’t read this,  Crabbie I’m ready to put her in that #1 slot 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

</p>
    I’m honestly an absolute moron for not noticing that but that really just adds to my argument, as the billing cant even be used as support for the counterargument.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LifeOfT99440306
    Topics:

Viewers at the festival were raving about Steven Yeun’s quiet but nuanced performance. His monologues stood out. A possible nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

</p>
    I’m honestly an absolute moron for not noticing that but that really just adds to my argument, as the billing cant even be used as support for the counterargument.

No, I wouldn’t use the billing or the teaser trailer or the book or the 1947 film or even a copy of the 2021 screenplay to discern prominence of screen presence to such a degree.

Barring seeing the actual film, it’s all speculation at bottom – a Searchlight FYC page might be the most (sole?) reliable guide to what we will be seeing awards-campaign-wise at this point. (There isn’t one yet, fyi.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I think we can all collectively agree that you’re the dumbest, most tasteless person on this site

I think someone who would post something like this would be the one to have that honor. Guess what? We get to disagree on here and have different opinions. And also: I am usually right, sometimes wrong, and it’s o.k. either way. I find your post tasteless and I am asking you to remove it immediately.

I tend to have the taste of a majority of the academy members most of the time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Kaziz don’t read this, Crabbie I’m ready to put her in that #1 slot 😂

Lol I don’t mind, I just maybe find it silly to put Blanchett at #1 and not Mara tbf. Personally I think Mara’s…….probably got the best role if they’re all going supporting or whatever the fuck we think is happening.

Regardless — I dunno about Dafoe. I dunno why people are so insistent about his role just NOT being anything, adaptations shift this around entirely, and McKenzie in TPOTD is a terrible example because we had no way of knowing that every single supporting character in the film would end up being a cameo (Conroy, McKenzie, Beach all had fab roles & dialogue in the book which felt like more than enough screentime). Dafoe feels like a heavily composite character to me tbh so it’s not out of the question entirely but I agree it’s a slimmer chance than the 3 ladies.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Passing Official Trailer

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tick Tock
    Topics:

I said this a month or so ago and was met with skepticism but it sounds like Javier Bardem could actually go supporting for Ricardos.

Per Jeff Wells
    “Word around the campfire is that Javier Bardem‘s performance as Desi Arnaz is the standout aspect, and a likely contender for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.”

There is also another test screening for the movie on 9/23…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

I am usually right

Well you don’t lack self-confidence, I’ll give you that.

I tend to have the taste of a majority of the academy members most of the time.

This isn’t necessarily something to be proud of.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I said this a month or so ago and was met with skepticism but it sounds like Javier Bardem could actually go supporting for Ricardos.

Per Jeff Wells
    “Word around the campfire is that Javier Bardem‘s performance as Desi Arnaz is the standout aspect, and a likely contender for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.”

There is also another test screening for the movie on 9/23…

When will they decide on his category placement?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

Question about Belfast:

Now that it’s won the TIFF People’s Choice Award, a Best Picture nomination is guaranteed and with that will definitely come acting nominations. People are making claims for both Jamie Dornan and Ciaran Hinds on this one, but is there any standout among the two of them (based on overall feedback, not your personal opinion), and if not, is it possible for the film to double-up?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 394 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.