Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 443 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Question about Belfast:

Now that it’s won the TIFF People’s Choice Award, a Best Picture nomination is guaranteed and with that will definitely come acting nominations. People are making claims for both Jamie Dornan and Ciaran Hinds on this one, but is there any standout among the two of them (based on overall feedback, not your personal opinion), and if not, is it possible for the film to double-up?

I personally think that Belfast has the potential to be nominated in all 4 acting categories – depending on whether they place Jude Hill into consideration in Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor (or not place him at all, which will be odd) I think there is the POTENTIAL for Jamie Dornan in Best Actor, Catriona Balfe in Best Actress, Ciaran Hinds in Supporting Actor and Judi Dench in Supporting Actress. It is the only film that could possibly get in all four acting categories this year. I do think that Jude Hill could get in to Supporting Actor, despite being a lead in the movie.

There is a certain segment of the academy that will love this movie and another segment that won’t care for it as much. It’s going to come down to will those others be able to coalesce around a different film? It’s too soon to tell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

From Dealine: “Super Mario Bros. Animated Pic Sets Cast: Chris Pratt As Mario, Charlie Day As Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy As Princess Peach & More”

What? No Jared Leto? 😂🤌🏼🤌🏼🤌🏼

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

From Dealine: “Super Mario Bros. Animated Pic Sets Cast: Chris Pratt As Mario, Charlie Day As Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy As Princess Peach & More” What? No Jared Leto? 😂

Leto is already playing Wario in House of Gucci!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I personally think that Belfast has the potential to be nominated in all 4 acting categories – depending on whether they place Jude Hill into consideration in Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor (or not place him at all, which will be odd) I think there is the POTENTIAL for Jamie Dornan in Best Actor, Catriona Balfe in Best Actress, Ciaran Hinds in Supporting Actor and Judi Dench in Supporting Actress. It is the only film that could possibly get in all four acting categories this year. I do think that Jude Hill could get in to Supporting Actor, despite being a lead in the movie. There is a certain segment of the academy that will love this movie and another segment that won’t care for it as much. It’s going to come down to will those others be able to coalesce around a different film? It’s too soon to tell.

Man, you are so ready to die on that Jude Hill!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Leto is already playing Wario in House of Gucci!

“But it’s chic-a!!”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I swear Belfast stans now saying the entire cast is getting nominated 😂

BeLfAsT iS gOnNa GeT 15 OsCaR nOmInAtIoNs AnD wIn ThEm AlL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Does anyone have any advance word on David Alvarez in West Side Story? I happen to love the trailer for West Side Story and the original movie won Oscars for George Chakiris and Rita Moreno – that was then, this is now, but I keep on wondering if Alvarez is someone who we need to be looking out for as a surprise nominee? (Also: is he the same David Alvarez who won a Tony award as one the three Billy Elliott’s in 2009?). Speculation only so nobody needs to jump all over me about this. I think West Side Story is being under-estimated and I a not sure why?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Does anyone have any advance word on David Alvarez in West Side Story? I happen to love the trailer for West Side Story and the original movie won Oscars for George Chakiris and Rita Moreno – that was then, this is now, but I keep on wondering if Alvarez is someone who we need to be looking out for as a surprise nominee? (Also: is he the same David Alvarez who won a Tony award as one the three Billy Elliott’s in 2009?). Speculation only so nobody needs to jump all over me about this. I think West Side Story is being under-estimated and I a not sure why?

Just check Wikipedia or another source: it’s him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I swear Belfast stans now saying the entire cast is getting nominated 😂

BeLfAsT iS gOnNa GeT 15 OsCaR nOmInAtIoNs AnD wIn ThEm AlL.

Belfast is coming for everything

I’ve heard it’s going for the big 1-5 for noms, and the big 1-4 for wins 😉 Its only loss will be to itself! The only real suspense of the evening will be in visual effects and score – no Belfast there!!

Best Picture
    Five acting nominees (taking wins in all four categories)
    Directing
    Original Screenplay
    Cinematography
    Film Editing
    Production Design
    Costume Design
    Sound Editing
    Original Song
    Makeup/Hairstyling

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Saying that a film has the POTENTIAL to get double digits nominations and could possibly get in to all four acting categories doesn’t actually deserve attacks. Belfast is the only film that has the potential to get the rare four categories of acting nominations (Silver Lining Playbook did so for 2012). Nobody is saying it will that I am aware of, only that it could, which happens to be true.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Reviews for “The Tragedy of MacBeth” are out and I cannot help but notice that there aren’t many raves for Corey Hawkins and for some reason he’s fifth in the prediction center. I’m afraid he’s not coattailing either (all the attention is for Washington, McDormand and, to a lesser extent, Hunter). I didn’t have him in my predictions, but yeah, unlikely to happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Reviews for “The Tragedy of MacBeth” are out and I cannot help but notice that there aren’t many raves for Corey Hawkins and for some reason he’s fifth in the prediction center. I’m afraid he’s not coattailing either (all the attention is for Washington, McDormand and, to a lesser extent, Hunter). I didn’t have him in my predictions, but yeah, unlikely to happen.

I’ve seen some. More than I expected, but the real breakthrough seems to be Kathryn Hunter in Supporting Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

There are some mentions and I hope he makes it because a white lineup will be depressing. But Hunter is indeed getting so much praise. What a nice surprise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Hawkins won’t get in.

But it’s not his fault…

MacDuff isn’t exactly the most interesting character in Shakespeare’s oeuvre.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    WildChalice
    Topics:

1.) Richard Jenkins

2.) Jesse Plemons

3.) Jared Leto

4.) Bradley Cooper

5.) Ciaran Hinds

6.) Kodi Smit-McPhee

7.) Corey Hawkins

8.) Jason Isaacs

9.) Richard E. Grant

10.) Willem Dafoe

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 443 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.