Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 510 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Sir Pierce
crabbie
kbc
  • Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

My November predictions:

Kodi and…the rest whoever they are lol

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Oh, I love Jonah Hill. I’m not sure I’ll love “Don’t Look Up” though. We’ll see in a while I guess…

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If one of the Don’t Look Up guys (Rylance, Hill, Morgan) has a more dramatic turn than comedic I can see one of them winning it. But that’s a big if since the movie seems to be primarily comedic. We will see soon I guess.

Can anyone see Simmons win Supportijg Actor without coattailing a Kidman Best Actress win? I don’t think I can see this happening.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

Do you guys think that Willem Dafoe can propell himself into the top 5 come nomination day?

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Kodi Smit-McPhee

2. Al Pacino

3. Jamie Dornan

4. J. K. Simmons

5. Ben Affleck (or Jonah Hill)

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Do you guys think that Willem Dafoe can propell himself into the top 5 come nomination day?

This season the category is hungry for challengers, but even should Nightmare Alley turn out to be a powerful contender, I’m skeptical of Dafoe’s chances owing to the role’s likely limited size and plot significance.

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Is Dafoe likely to get a similar screentime total as Cooper in Licorice Pizza? Not familiar with the source material of Nightmare Alley. I find it interesting Dafoe got his own panel in the poster.

Profile picture
    Iamelle
    Topics:

1. Kodi

2. Ciaran

3. Jared

4. Jon

5. J.K.

Sorry, guys, but for me it’s still about the performance. I know pundits and some other people are going crazy over Jamie Dornan, mostly because of his campaign, but I don’t think that’s enough for an Oscar nom. Sure, a campaign it’s super important, but the performance is way more. I still think someone from Don’t Look Up can get in and we still have Nightmare Alley, but for now, those are my picks!

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

Is Dafoe likely to get a similar screentime total as Cooper in Licorice Pizza? Not familiar with the source material of Nightmare Alley. I find it interesting Dafoe got his own panel in the poster.

Yes if they don’t expand the role he’s barely in it. He has one monologue in the book and then is barely in the first half which is the only part of the book that character is in

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Adam McKay Had to Make The Comedy Of His Satire ‘Don’t Look Up’ Even Wilder To One-Up Crazy Real-World Events

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Based on just the novel, no. Who knows what GDT cooked up for him in the film. I’m always here for a Dafoe blindside.

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

1. Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog 2. Mark Rylance, Don’t Look Up 3. Jared Leto, House of Gucci 4. Bradley Cooper, Nightmare Alley 5. J.K Simmons, Being the Ricardos 6. Jon Bernthal, King Richard 7. Ciarán Hinds, Belfast 8. Jamie Dornan, Belfast 9. Jonah Hill, Don’t Look Up 10. Al Pacino, House of Gucci

Cooper in supporting for NA? No.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

No one of repute then. I’m talking Anne Thompson level or higher. It always seemed unlikely that broadly playing era-specific producer Jon Peters (!) popping up for a bit in LP would be Oscar worthy, since I figured if it actually were then BCoops would somehow let us know 😉

Well I’m not of repute, but I thought he was a soft frontrunner in like July or August, so I totally get the comparisons, though I would compare him more to Claire Foy.

Oscars FYC:

Dune in Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Score, Sound, Production Design, Cinematography, Makeup and Hairstyling, Costume Design, Film Editing, and Visual Effects

Free Guy in Visual Effects

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I still think that somebody will come from nowhere and snatch the prize.

Alvarez

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    loopybird
    Topics:

@lamella, how much attention you have put to performance is proved by your choice of Jared Leto rather than Jason Isaacs. But it is weird and laughable, when Pulitzer winning and nominee critics from Wall Street Journal and Washington Post, chief critics of ABC, The Times, Insider, The Wrap, Time magazine, Telegraph, San Francisco Chronicle and many more praised different facets of Dornan’s performance, some people and critics like you think he is being praised for his singing and dancing only. It is crystal clear you don’t like him, I argued with you earlier (couldn’t provide proper link back then, I don’t know what damn happened to my ID) and again arguing. If you don’t like him, leave him. There are other contenders here for whom you can talk. But I noticed you are desperate to prove that Dornan’s performance is unworthy. It cannot be named anything but jealousy. To hell his Oscar chances! You can suppose me a stan. But I am not blind folded, like Johnny Depp stans, who will support his semi-conducted crime. I regret his stalking stuff but still I admire his works like I will always admire Depp’s wonderful works. I think you don’t even know how is it to play a stoic, laconic character, when you are hiding emotions from the film but not from the audience. If you had understood you wouldn’t have been hankering after ‘how to criticize Jamie Dornan’. God bless you with wit enough to think like that.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.