Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Zuranthium
FreemanGriffin
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Deserved. Just watched it last night, he’s so good, but I think it might be a little understated for the Academy. He doesn’t have a big Oscar Clip Scene. That combined with his youth means he’s probably settling for a nomination.

FYC:

Best Picture: C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (C'mon C'mon), Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick... Boom!)
    Supporting Actress: Gaby Hoffman (C'mon C'mon), Ann Dowd (Mass), Ruth Negga (Passing)
    Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs (Mass), Robin de Jesús (Tick, Tick... Boom!)

Profile picture
    skyes
    Topics:

Congrats to Kodi! Hoping that there’ll be many more to come.

FYC, in all eligible categories:
    The Lost Daughter
    Passing
    The Power of the Dog

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

king!!! deserves a sweep

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Delighted for Kodi’s first win of the season. Totally expected them to go the trashy Leto route. Such a young actor to win too I’m now rooting for him to go all the way!

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

My fave Kodi won NYFCC! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I listened to him today on a podcast and he’s very thoughtful for his age. I hope this will be the first of many wins.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

It’s good enough. Hey I don’t like Belfast at all, but Hinds gives a very stilted archetype a lotta texture. I admired what he did.

Would he make my top 5? No. But I can see him winning. He does wayyyyy more than the film deserves, overdue narratives can be surprising: veteran actors like Regina King or Mark Rylance can swoop in and win with a single good role because they’ve worked with sooooo many people.

Regina and Rylance both had multiple big moments in their roles of speeches or tears. This role of Hinds is very subdued and doesn’t have much of a special angle. He also doesn’t have that much pre-existing acclaim. Regina won 3 Emmys before her Oscar. Rylance won 3 Tonys. Hinds until now has never even been nominated for a big award. I’m very doubtful.

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Praying to god the kid wins.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ciaran Hinds could very well Alan Arkin himself to a win. Arkin of course was a tad bit more famous and had prior nominations but both at the end of the day are veteran characters with that grandfather archetype that hold a lot of emotional weight in ensemble driven films.

Hinds may not be some massive name but his filmography includes turns in Noah Baumbach, Steven Spielberg, Paul Thomas Anderson and Damien Chazelle films and he has had supporting roles in multiple franchises. He’s not a household name but he’s also not a nobody to the industry.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Regina and Rylance both had multiple big moments in their roles of speeches or tears. This role of Hinds is very subdued and doesn’t have much of a special angle. He also doesn’t have that much pre-existing acclaim. Regina won 3 Emmys before her Oscar. Rylance won 3 Tonys. Hinds until now has never even been nominated for a big award. I’m very doubtful.

I might be forgetting but when did Regina have a big scene with tears? I remember the forum on here was REALLY down on her because it is a very very subdued performance. Marvelous, truly, but I don’t remember any big scenes. Her big confrontation in Puerto Rico was the closest but it wasn’t a speech and it was a surprisingly short scene. Trust me, people were just NOT on board with the possibility of her winning because she wasn’t “showy” enough or whatever but she was set.

Anyway, I’m not invested enough in Hinds to pull up his record or whatever, I just think he’s a respected, veteran actor who did pretty well. I have far more deserving folx on my personal faves list.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Alan Arkin’s performance was so animated though. The zany, fun grandpa. Hinds character is nice and…not much more. That’s pretty much the only defining feature; it lacks punch. His final scene that should be a tearjerker isn’t.

I might be forgetting but when did Regina have a big scene with tears? Her big confrontation in Puerto Rico was the closest but it wasn’t a speech and it was a surprisingly short scene.

That’s the scene. She was crying, a big pivotal emotional moment. It was a short scene but a memorable, impactful one.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I’m hearing so many people singling out Mike Faist for WSS. I think this category is open enough for him to easily come in if the performance is strong, especially considering WSS is now likely a top tier BP contender.

Profile picture
    FTomoson
    Topics:

Alan Arkin’s performance was so animated though. The zany, fun grandpa. Hinds character is nice and…not much more. That’s pretty much the only defining feature; it lacks punch. His final scene that should be a tearjerker isn’t.

That’s the scene. She was crying, a big pivotal emotional moment. It was a short scene but a memorable, impactful one.

Love Arkin but Murphy was robbed of that Oscar. Murphy took it personally and believed nobody in the industry supported him anymore.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Yeah Hinds is not winning. Still don’t know who, but I am doubtful he will win.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

Rooting for Kodi and Jamie Dornan

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.