Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 315 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
41 mins ago
replies
views
users
Sir Pierce
JV
Moviebuff22
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The SAG nominations are beyond atrocious! Jared Leto is getting an Oscar nomination ): It’s insane!

Kodi solidifies his frontrunner status for the Oscar, which is a good thing. He’s the MVP of the movie for me. He and Troy Kotsur are now the only true locks.

Now I have no idea who will get Oscar nominations in this category – it’s a total mess! When do the BAFTA nominations come out to help clarify this category?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

1. Kodi Smit-McPhee – LOCKED
    2. Troy Kotsur – LOCKED
    3. Ciaran Hinds – Likely

This category is the most fluid as it only has two locked. But I think at least Ciaran Hinds is getting nominated. Unless he misses a Bafta nom, I will comfortably have him in my top 3. I do think the SAG snub means Jaime Dornan is out, which I always felt was the case.

4. Mike Faist (NGNG) – I know this is risky, but I can’t help but look at the ensemble snub for West Side Story and come to the conclusion that the screeners issue played a part here. If he gets in at Bafta, I think he is in.

5. Bradley Cooper/Jared Leto (please let this be Cooper)

Ben Affleck is like Jared Leto from last year, his race ends at a SAG nomination. He wasn’t even in the Top 15 for Bafta. Speaking of Leto, he is more likely now. But I won’t be ignoring that Globe snub, and idkk, his performance is just so bad. Like I know that shouldn’t factor in my predictions, but I just feel weird slotting him in lol.

Bradley Cooper is in my top 5 now because the SAG nomination for a performance like this is a bit surprising. He also got in at AACTA over Leto and keeps showing up for critics awards nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Bradley has a real shot of getting in. He has SAG and AACTA noms so far which happen to be the only 2 places where people that also vote for Oscars vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Nah, it’s:

1. Kodi Smit-McPhee

2. Troy Kotsur

3. Jamie Dornan

4. Jared Leto

5. Ben Affleck

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    H. H.
    Topics:

Nah, it’s: 1. Kodi Smit-McPhee 2. Troy Kotsur 3. Jamie Dornan 4. Jared Leto 5. Ben Affleck

Dornan is done. Hinds will get in at BAFTA and then the Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Kodi Smit-McPhee is the only supporting actor who has appeared in all of: Critics Choice, Golden Globe, SAG, AACTA, BAFTA long list, and London Film Critics nominations.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Nah, it’s: 1. Kodi Smit-McPhee 2. Troy Kotsur 3. Jamie Dornan 4. Jared Leto 5. Ben Affleck

Dornan isn’t 3rd. Time to stop the delusion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Anyone thinking Belfast was going to keep carrying two Supporting noms, especially when the second actor is Dornan, was wishful thinking. The writing was on the wall that Dornan was weaker. It’s Hinds or nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Dornan got AACTA, CC and GG, and I believe will get BAFTA + will be in the biggest movie of the night alongside Dog. He sure has a chance, more so than Affleck and maybe Cooper. He’s far from done.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Dornan got AACTA, CC and GG, and I believe will get BAFTA + will be in the biggest movie of the night alongside Dog. He sure has a chance, more so than Affleck and maybe Cooper. He’s far from done.

He’s not Top2 at BAFTA and that jury won’t touch him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

he’s coming for his 9th nom

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

With Hinds missing SAG, looks like the BAFTA winning comments aged poorly lol. Kodi is so winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Here for Kodi’s sweep!!!

Oh hi again @Luca

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

I honestly think your 5 in supporting actor at SAG may be your Oscar 5. I think the academy will like Licorice Pizza and we know they like to namecheck Bradley Cooper. I am skeptical of 2 actors getting in for Belfast, especially when Hinds to me is just there. If he does make it he probably bumps Leto or Cooper out. Affleck to me seems like your stereotypical feel good supporting performance that they give to a veteran for a first time nomination.

Your only absolute locks are Kodi and Kotsur

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

With Hinds missing SAG, looks like the BAFTA winning comments aged poorly lol. Kodi is so winning.

Yeah. Kodi will likely win. Also can we talk about the fact that Kirsten Dunst is more likely to win SAG? But DeBose might take it. She’s definitely on Top 2 now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 315 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.