Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 504 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Moviebuff22
Setia_Yasmine..
The Queen
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Could Jared Leto end up being the Nicole Kidman from Bombshell this season and miss out on an Oscar nomination?

Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

Could Jared Leto end up being the Nicole Kidman from Bombshell this season and miss out on an Oscar nomination?

gods, I hope so. He’s one of the weakest among the contenders this year.

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I hope so lol

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Unfortunately I hate to say this but he has a Globe nom unlike Kidman… and he’s not fighting off a co-star like Kidman was with Robbie. And the supporting actor category feels really weak and uncompetitive this year, tbh. It doesn’t help (well it helps Leto, a previous Oscar for Supporting Actor winner) that he’s up against bunch of first time nominees and unknown names except for cameo Bradley Cooper… Leto can easily get in.

He wasn’t nominated for a GG for HoG. He did get a CC nom and obviously the SA SAG nom and the SAG ensemble. Nicole also got an individual SAG nom for Bombshell and the film got nominated for ensemble.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Unfortunately I hate to say this but he has a Globe nom unlike Kidman… and he’s not fighting off a co-star like Kidman was with Robbie. And the supporting actor category feels really weak and uncompetitive this year, tbh. It doesn’t help (well
    it helps Leto, a previous Oscar for Supporting Actor winner) that he’s up against bunch of first time nominees and unknown names except for cameo Bradley Cooper… Leto can easily get in.

Leto doesn’t have a GG nom, just SAG. And he’s not getting in when his film is not in BP. I don’t know why people are still predicting the clown.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I stand corrected then. I thought he did. Anyways the category is so barren the only locks are Kodi and Katsur. Everyone else missed something too, like Jamie and Ciaran.

Why does it offend you that people are predicting him? You know its OK to predict stuff you hate; you cant always go around hopedicting lol. Also did the bafta noms come out yet? You sound pretty confident that it has.

It’s not hopedicting wtf. Besides Kodi and Troy, Ciaran and Cooper make more sense here because they are in strong movies. The clown needed HOG in BP to be a viable option for that last spot. He’ll just miss like last time.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Oh my bad Lol. I didn’t know the nominees for the Best Picture Oscar came out yet. Can you show me the link? I mustve missed it :/

Anyways, I’m not going to make any more conclusions except for Kodi and Kotsur until BAFTA comes out. You and I both know this category is so weak no one really is a lock except for the obvious top 2. You just refuse to predict razzie worthy Leto because simply because you hate the performance (“clown”). I do too and Leto gets on my nerves but here I am. Not saying he can’t miss.

Btw why not Jamie Dornan as well? And why not Ben Affleck? I didn’t know it was a requirement to be in BP to get nominated. You do realize it’s just the actors branch, not writers/directors/etc. Voting for the nominees right?

Well, is creep better for you? I’m just gonna call him the creep then.
    I guess you missed all the guilds because otherwise you would know HOG didn’t do well at all and it needs a miracle to get into BP. I would definitely have him in my predictions if HOG had made PGA. And yes, those who are in BP nominees have a better shot in this category.

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Oh my bad Lol. I didn’t know the nominees for the Best Picture Oscar came out yet. Can you show me the link? I mustve missed it :/ Anyways, I’m not going to make any more conclusions except for Kodi and Kotsur until BAFTA comes out. You and I both know this category is so weak no one really is a lock except for the obvious top 2. You just refuse to predict razzie worthy Leto because simply because you hate the performance (“clown”). I do too and Leto gets on my nerves but here I am. Not saying he can’t miss. Btw why not Jamie Dornan as well? And why not Ben Affleck? I didn’t know it was a requirement to be in BP to get nominated. You do realize it’s just the actors branch, not writers/directors/etc. Voting for the nominees right?

because like last year helena zengel got in sag but got kicked out by Amanda Seyfried who was in a very strong movie , Paul Raci did the same despite not  making sag so actors from BP nominees like TPOD , Belfast , WSS , LP could have still advantage

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

1. Kodi Smit : GG(win), AACTA(win), CC, SAG

2. Troy Kotsur: GG, CC, SAG

3. Ciaran Hinds: GG, CC, AACTA

4. Jamie Dornan: CC, GG, AACTA

5. Ben Affleck: GG, SAG

————

6. Bradley Cooper: SAG, AACTA

7. Jared Leto: SAG, CC

8. J. K. Simmons: CC

Bradley can easily get that fifth spot, although I think for that cameo Academy voters may just not go for it. Jared Leto could be just a SAG thing and his performance has been widely perceived as divisive, so I am not sure if he would be first choice in ballots.

Profile picture
    weiszclaret
    Topics:

I don’t see any way that both Belfast boys get in, unless it wildly over-performs. But I’m not going to bet that after the SAG snub.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

I agree 2 performances from Belfast are not getting in. Wouldn’t be shocked if neither make it.

1. Smit-McPhee
    2. Kotsur
    3. Cooper
    4. Hinds
    5. Affleck (Or Leto)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.