Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 504 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Moviebuff22
Setia_Yasmine..
Anna Delvey
  • Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

man the campaign of jaime lol i guess he could pull a wahlberg or brodie sanger

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Mark Rylance was absolutely terrible in Don’t Look Up. Didn’t match the energy of the rest of the ensemble at ALL. I know part of that was intentional, but he was positively cartoonish in relation to everyone else’s largely grounded performances. Jonah Hill was the saving grace of that movie.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Mark Rylance was absolutely terrible in Don’t Look Up. Didn’t match the energy of the rest of the ensemble at ALL. I know part of that was intentional, but he was positively cartoonish in relation to everyone else’s largely grounded performances. Jonah Hill was the saving grace of that movie.

Jonah Hill? He was the weak link by far.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Rylance and Blanchett’s fake teeth deserves screen combo Razzie darling. It’s so distractingly grotesque.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Jonah Hill? He was the weak link by far.

Rylance and Blanchett’s fake teeth deserves screen combo Razzie darling. It’s so distractingly grotesque.

This is the reason why people should have counted out the supporting actors/actresses of DLU from any chance of a nomination as soon as the movie premiered. It’s crazy how some people still have Streep and Rylance in their lineups when clearly there is no consensus as to who is the best.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Totally agreed. Blanchett’s makeup (and fake teeth) and Rylance’s teeth was highly creepy.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Total nonsense. Jonah Hill is the one who most felt artificial, doing his typical low-brow comedic routine. Some of it is amusing, but it was definitely superficial.

Rylance was brilliant, and he IS supposed to feel different, being seemingly the wealthiest person alive, and someone who is constantly in their head and calculating; he exists on a plane of his own. The way he captured the simultaneous introversion and “I-can-do-whatever-the-fuck-I-want-because-I-am-a-genius-and-the-most-powerful-person-in-the-world” attitude was total expert skill on display.

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

Nothing is too simple like some of you think it is. Even if HOG doesn’t make in BP, Jared still has the most discussed performance among the contenders. Don’t predict Jamie Dornan over Jared because his performance is forgettable in Belfast. What Jared did in HOG is what actors like to see. The nominees for BP are chosen by the votes of all sectors in the industry, as you probably already know. But only actors vote for actors. The Bombshell comparison isn’t fair. The movie had two supporting actresses and a leading actress contender.They had to choose between Nicole and Margot. And Bombshell wasn’t as popular as HOG is.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Nothing is too simple like some of you think it is. Even if HOG doesn’t make in BP, Jared still has the most discussed performance among the contenders. Don’t predict Jamie Dornan over Jared because his performance is forgettable in Belfast. What Jared did in HOG is what actors like to see. The nominees for BP are chosen by the votes of all sectors in the industry, as you probably already know. But only actors vote for actors. The Bombshell comparison isn’t fair. The movie had two leading actresses and a supporting actress contender.They had to choose between Nicole and Charlize. And Bombshell wasn’t as popular as HOG is.

Nicole Kidman was the most supporting of all the three. Theron was the ONLY Lead with everyone else being Supporting characters.

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

My bad. A leading actress and two supporting actresses (Nicole and Margot).

PS: for whatever reason, I can’t quote posts with twitter links.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I finally got around to watching Belfast, to be honest it wasn’t one I was particularly excited to watch. I enjoyed it enough, but really don’t think Hinds or especially Dornan are deserving of a nomination. Hinds was really great but still somewhat forgettable due to such limited screentime. Dornan, while extremely hot, was just fine. Another actor in that role I think could have done a lot more.

Profile picture
    DC
    Topics:

I finally got around to watching Belfast, to be honest it wasn’t one I was particularly excited to watch. I enjoyed it enough, but really don’t think Hinds or especially Dornan are deserving of a nomination. Hinds was really great but still somewhat forgettable due to such limited screentime. Dornan, while extremely hot, was just fine. Another actor in that role I think could have done a lot more.

Completely agree, I felt the same. I was watching waiting for the big oscar scenes to come from either of them but they never did.Dornan was particularly wooden and one note and I think another actor could have bought much more to this role.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

if Leto does end up nominated, it will be a stain on the Academy. It’s a horrible, clown performance. I would rather ANYONE be nominated over him. Cooper, Affleck, Simmons, i’d take it. I would’ve taken Leto’s performance in The Little Things over his performance in House of Gucci. I mean how can voters see Leto performing next to the great performances that Gaga, Driver, and Pacino gave in the same movie and still pick him as one of the standouts. smh.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    pierremg
    Topics:

if Leto does end up nominated, it will be a stain on the Academy. It’s a horrible, clown performance. I would rather ANYONE be nominated over him. Cooper, Affleck, Simmons, i’d take it. I would’ve taken Leto’s performance in The Little Things over his performance in House of Gucci. I mean how can voters see Leto performing next to the great performances that Gaga, Driver, and Pacino gave in the same movie and still pick him as one of the standouts. smh.

Jared just missed The Globes until now. He even appeared in some critics circuits. His performance is both Razzie and Oscar worthy tbh. He has chances.

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

the supp actor in noms seems like supp actress last year except kodi is sweeping 😭 😭

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.