Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 315 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
25 mins ago
replies
views
users
Sir Pierce
JV
Moviebuff22
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

1. Kodi Smit-McPhee (Winner)

2. Bradley Cooper (Upset)

3. Troy Kotsur (Possibility)

4. Jared Leto (Not Winning)

5. Ben Affleck (Barely Fifth)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I want Kodi to win, but I’m not gonna lie, it would be easier if the competition was Ciaran Hinds instead of Troy Kotsur.

Both have a quintessential baity role, but Kotsur is way more charismatic and is in a way better movie, and plays a way more substantial and richer character. He also has the emotional appeal that helped Yuh Jung Youn in the sense that everybody loves him and there are no haters of his performance. That only thing that could hurt him is CODA losing steam and miss a BP nominations.

However, the fact that Globes didn’t go for him was… Weird.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I have the two WSS guys in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

I want Kodi to win, but I’m not gonna lie, it would be easier if the competition was Ciaran Hinds instead of Troy Kotsur. Both have a quintessential baity role, but Kotsur is way more charismatic and is in a way better movie, and plays a way more substantial and richer character. He also has the emotional appeal that helped Yuh Jung Youn in the sense that everybody loves him and there are no haters of his performance. That only thing that could hurt him is CODA losing steam and miss a BP nominations. However, the fact that Globes didn’t go for him was… Weird.

He’s not gonna win.

The only two who can win are Bradley Cooper and Smit-McPhee. Less likely on Leto and Hinds, but possible, I suppose, if their films do well with Oscar voters.

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

I just saw Tender Bar and I thought Affleck was deserving of a nom. He had alot of screen time. All biases aside against him I liked it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Ciaran hinds can pull off an amanda seyfried/Paul raci nom who missed the sag maybe kicking Affleck dunno lol i don’t think he is DOA for a nom yet

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Supporting actor is really turning into a fight like supporting actress.

The lead categories are a mess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

It’s clear that Kodi has the hype to win. Kotsur is competitive, but I think he lacks buzz in comparison with Kodi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bohemian Bovine
    Topics:

Kodi is looking great now, but we have to remember that we’ve still got two months to go.

Troy might be looking stronger come late Feb/early March.

Apple has the right campaign strategy of letting CODA slowly build through word-of-mouth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Kudos to Masaki Okada as Toji in Drive My Car – for me he is the acting MVP of the movie – albeit everybody is great in it – two scenes in particular: the audition scene where he really electrifies the scene and especially his long monologue where he finishes Oto’s story. He gave the film a gravitas and some stronger emotions. He won’t be nominated but he’s sure better than Jared Leto or Bradley Cooper!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

If Bradley Cooper manages to get in, he will win. The overdue factor + love for the film Licorice Pizza will do it… and this might be the only category where that film can be honored (assuming they want to give Original Screenplay to Belfast).

If he doesn’t get in… then Kodi vs Troy… and with the Academy’s male age bias, and once again, maybe not having another category to honor CODA, I give the advantage to Troy.

I think Jesse is looking more and more likely to surprise with a nom. God help us if Jared Leto is nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I’m a big fan of POTD, but I would not have guessed Kodi to be the one with all the momentum going into the Oscars. It’s not at all the kind of performance awards favor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 315 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.