Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 263 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
replies
views
users
Sir Pierce
Moviebuff22
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I hope a Kodi win helps reverse the age bias in this category. It’s shut out a lot of good performances in the last.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

I’m a big fan of POTD, but I would not have guessed Kodi to be the one with all the momentum going into the Oscars. It’s not at all the kind of performance awards favor.

Oscars finally embracing powerful subtle performances. About fucking time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Honey, this is me speaking as a huge fan of LP, Bradley Cooper is NOT winning for one scene stealer. Ben Affleck and Jared Leto would win before Bradley Cooper.

why not? Everyone says he’s one of – if not the – best scene of the film?

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Oscars finally embracing powerful subtle performances. About fucking time.

literally ignoring mahershala Ali in Moonlight, Mark Rylance and Brad Pitt…

but you do you

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

I hope a Kodi win helps reverse the age bias in this category. It’s shut out a lot of good performances in the last.

”Age bias”

Daniel Kaluuya is a younger actor who won last year…

most people who win across the board are from the ages of about 30-60. That’s because most movies hire people between those ages… because it’s after they’ve stopped acting training + plus getting into the industry but before they get old lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

literally ignoring mahershala Ali in Moonlight, Mark Rylance and Brad Pitt… but you do you

Love Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time (not even a fan of his earlier work). Deserving Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

literally ignoring mahershala Ali in Moonlight, Mark Rylance and Brad Pitt… but you do you

True.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Because, he’s not winning for one scene stealer bruh. I don’t know how else to say it? Everyone says he’s the best scene of the film? Yeah that’s BS, because everyone I know that saw the film praises Cooper Hoffman and Alana way more than Bradley Cooper. People are going to hate this next statement, but I don’t care at all. More people were praising the chemistry between the two leads than anything else. They couldn’t believe how good they were, not knowing the actual backstory that the 2 knew each other prior. I will meet you halfway and say that everyone said his moment was funny as hell, but that’s exactly what it was. One moment.

when I said best part I meant best scene, but whatever…

additionally if you look at all the contenders in the category as just actors and not their performances, then who logically makes most sense to win here?

I know that’s not how they vote, but it’s how arkin beat Murphy – arkin who wasn’t even nominated at globes like Cooper lol.

but Cooper has undeniably been highly praised for a supporting role in a best picture nominee. And he’s had a very healthy Hollywood career – which every single winner in this category has had since Timothy Hutton. It would be very unusual for them to turn around and give supporting actor to someone’s first major role.

besides giving an actor, with the degree of talent and the filmography that Cooper has, an Oscar for a supporting role (a very memorable role, but only in it for ten mins) is literally the kind of move the Oscars would make.

obviously the Oscars love him, as they loved all his major vehicles. It’s easy to see him winning here, if I’m being honest. He’s not a certainly by any stretch, but smit-McPhee as a front runner is strange.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kent Adams
    Topics:

when I said best part I meant best scene, but whatever… additionally if you look at all the contenders in the category as just actors and not their performances, then who logically makes most sense to win here? I know that’s not how they vote, but it’s how arkin beat Murphy – arkin who wasn’t even nominated at globes like Cooper lol. but Cooper has undeniably been highly praised for a supporting role in a best picture nominee. And he’s had a very healthy Hollywood career – which every single winner in this category has had since Timothy Hutton. It would be very unusual for them to turn around and give supporting actor to someone’s first major role. besides giving an actor, with the degree of talent and the filmography that Cooper has, an Oscar for a supporting role (a very memorable role, but only in it for ten mins) is literally the kind of move the Oscars would make. obviously the Oscars love him, as they loved all his major vehicles. It’s easy to see him winning here, if I’m being honest. He’s not a certainly by any stretch, but smit-McPhee as a front runner is strange.

Honey, it’s more like 5 minutes. Have you even seen Licorice Pizza? I’ll eat crow if he wins, but I think you should see the movie first. I’m just saying IF he gets nominated, he’s 5th at best. I don’t see him beating Kodi or Troy or even Ben or Jared for the matter. All 4 of those actors have way more screentime and way more to do than Cooper’s  literal 3 scenes in the film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Cooper winning prediction delusions need to end.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: Drive My Car, The Power of the Dog, Licorice Pizza, Spencer, C'mon C'mon
    Director: Jane Campion, Ryusuke Hamaguchi, Pablo Larraín, Paul Thomas Anderson,
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Joaquin Phoenix. Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Alana Haim
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Cate Blanchett, Ariana DeBose
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza, C'mon C'mon,

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

he will win.

He won’t. It’s a comedic performance

I’m a big fan of POTD, but I would not have guessed Kodi to be the one with all the momentum going into the Oscars. It’s not at all the kind of performance awards favor.

Mahershala Ali…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

Mahershala Ali…

Mark Rylance too in Bridge of Spies. Very subtle and understated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Where’s this ‘Cooper is winning if nominated’ nonsense coming from? He’s not winning. The win is clearly between Kodi and Troy. Stop overthinking things.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

I just saw Tender Bar and I thought Affleck was deserving of a nom. He had alot of screen time. All biases aside against him I liked it.

He is also really good in The Last Duel

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Marrero
    Topics:

Cooper isn’t winning lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 263 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.