Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 8)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Maria
babypook
film123
  • Profile picture
    Maria
    Topics:

Just saying that next year supporting actor is very stacked and yes very beautiful much better than this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, he’s out of the race month ago (thank god), but I’m here to inform y’all that Our beloved Mario Bros has won a very well deserved Razzie Awards for his hilariously campy, offensive performance in House of Gucci.

congratulations lol

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Darling, he’s out of the race month ago (thank god), but I’m here to inform y’all that Our beloved Mario Bros has won a very well deserved Razzie Awards for his hilariously campy, offensive performance in House of Gucci.

congratulations lol

I laughed out loud.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    oscarin7
    Topics:

congratulations lol

Well at least he won something this season… 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

If Troy Kotsur really does win I will never understand it. There were so many better performances that weren’t nominated, especially Mike Faist and David Alvarez. (and Kodi Smit-McPhee, out of the 5 nominees).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Looking at how everything turned out I’m largely content with my decision to not stay up and watch the telecast live but catching up with the winners in the last hour part of me just regrets not watching it live for the warmth the moment Troy Kotsur’s win brought. It was just emotional in so many different ways. Not only was it such a heartfelt win for such a deserving and heartfelt performance but the support in that room, not least from Yuh-jung Youn who was a class act standing by Kotsur and signing to him to support him, just felt surreal. There was also just something about it that felt so unifying whilst watching it. As with any Oscar season (but even moreso this year) there’s been a sense of divisiveness with certain films, cultural sensibilities and film tastes put at loggerheads so to see a performance that no one can begrudge is a landmark win and a performance that critics agree is deserving, general audiences agree is deserving and the industry and film lovers who lean between the two also agree is deserving… it’s just so satisfying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I removed myself from the awards season discourse a while ago because this season turned sour in a way I didn’t wish to interact with on a daily basis, but as I mentioned a while back, I’m utterly thrilled with Kotsur’s win and it is absolutely one of my favorite wins of all time. I know there has been much discussion about whether or not you can call the Apple-backed “CODA” an underdog, but as someone who watched the film at Sundance before it had distribution, I could’ve never anticipated this deeply emotional, funny, and expressive performance in this small indie film would lead to Kotsur’s win, let alone everything else that happened for the film. His beautiful speech and the overwhelming goodwill you could sense in the room was indicative of the fact that his performance was the gateway for a lot of people discovering this film that is so clearly beloved. I’m wishing nothing but the best for his career and, as always, praying this leads to more representation on screen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

I couldn’t contain my joy when Troy won. An absolutely amazing win.

Does anyone know what Youn Yuh-jung said out loud before signing and announcing Troy? I can’t quite catch it and I’ve listened to it a few times. It sounded like it ended with “minari” but I’m not sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I would like to watch a movie where Oscar Winner Youn Yuh-jung and Oscar Winner Troy Kotsur go on adventures. Greenlight it Hollywood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I’m so glad Yuh-jung Youn came to the ceremony this year. I couldn’t imagine Troy Kotsur’s moment any other way. The way she looked at him during his speech was so touching.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VictorVincent
    Topics:

I’m over the moon for Troy Kotsur’s Oscar win ❤

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.