Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Imagine if someone gets awards buzz for Dune, but not one of the ones people expect. Chang Chen, Stephen McKinley Henderson and Jason Momoa all have pretty juicy and important roles too.

Ha! Well, they’re all very small roles, though. Maaayyybe Chang Chen because there is still a lot of narrative importance on his part. Momoa’s role is expanded for this apparently, but he still won’t have much to do besides fight and be sexy. Maybe if they made the sequels, where his role gets very juicy. Thufir is just kinda… there for the first half.

Question: does anyone know if we have any info on Willem Dafoe’s role in Nightmare Alley? I could have sworn I saw that it’s going to be pretty small, but now I’m wondering if I just got that in my head somewhere. I can’t find anything about it now. I would love to be able to have my guy in my predictions somewhere for the time being.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I know, I know, it’s from last season and everyone and their grandmother has already forgotten about that movie, but I watched The Little Things yesterday and it absolutely amazed me how Jared Leto got in at SAG for that when the whole movie was such a nonstarter as a whole. The actors must REALLY love him. I would never ever underestimate him getting a nomination again. He is absolutely a contender for House of Gucci until proven otherwise, bad phone clips or not.

FYC - Oscars 2022:
    NINE DAYS in all categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Winston Duke)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Zazie Beetz)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Benedict Wong)

RIDERS OF JUSTICE:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Original Screenplay
    - Best Actor (Mads Mikkelsen)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Nicolas Bro)
    - Best International Feature

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Any news of The Humans? Im really interested and curious about that movie!

Profile picture
    Calvin
    Topics:

I reckon they’re gonna wait until after Cannes to gauge how Red Rocket and After Yang fit into their plans overall. For what it’s worth, I do think it seems like A24’s most ‘awards-friendly’ prospect. Jenkins seems like a sure contender if he and the film delivers, comedy actors going against type, also stars a nominee from last year, stage adaptation of a well-received play, and possibly some technicals for the sound design if it is really a hit. It could as well just be a complete non-entity. Either way, I’m super interested too.

Still celebrating Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

FYC Emmys: The Underground Railroad

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2021/awards/news/mass-bleecker-street-release-date-oscars-campaign-supporting-1235017621/

Jason Isaacs and Reed Birney will be campaigned in supporting actor.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Jason Isaacs will be campaigned in supporting actor.

This increases his chances by a lot, since supporting seems rather empty so far in comparison to lead.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Anything with Steven Yeun has me interested.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Willem Dafoe (The Card Counter)
    2. Jason Isaacs (Mass)
    3. Al Pacino (House of Gucci)
    4. Mark Rylance (Don’t Look Up)
    5. Jesse Plemons (The Power of The Dog)

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Ha! Well, they’re all very small roles, though. Maaayyybe Chang Chen because there is still a lot of narrative importance on his part. Momoa’s role is expanded for this apparently, but he still won’t have much to do besides fight and be sexy. Maybe if they made the sequels, where his role gets very juicy. Thufir is just kinda… there for the first half. Question: does anyone know if we have any info on Willem Dafoe’s role in Nightmare Alley? I could have sworn I saw that it’s going to be pretty small, but now I’m wondering if I just got that in my head somewhere. I can’t find anything about it now. I would love to be able to have my guy in my predictions somewhere for the time being.

It’s basically like a bit part… Like, in the original film I dont think the actor had a “starring” role

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

It’s basically like a bit part… Like, in the original film I dont think the actor had a “starring” role

Ah, well. Damn. Thanks for the info. Next year, Willem. Please.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Richard Jenkins, The Humans
    Idris Elba, The Harder They Fall
    Willem Dafoe, The Card Counter
    Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog
    Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Two-Face
    Topics:

Hoping Many Saints of Newark is great and somebody gets in there.

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Hoping Many Saints of Newark is great and somebody gets in there.

Very possible.

Alessandro Nivola is a really good actor who I’ve always been waiting to break out in a bigger way, and it’s helpful that he’s actually a lead but probably will be frauded into supporting on the basis that Michael Gandolfini is the lead (he’s not).

Leslie Odom Jr. could be an easy name-check, even if the film’s just OK.

FYC:

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I have been resisting it so far because of the utterly heinous nature of the person he’s playing but after seeing the trailer for The Last Duel (and given how well villains do in Supporting) I might have to start predicting Adam Driver. The category feels emptyish right now.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I have been resisting it so far because of the utterly heinous nature of the person he’s playing but after seeing the trailer for The Last Duel (and given how well villains do in Supporting) I might have to start predicting Adam Driver. The category feels emptyish right now.

I agree that it feels empty, but I don’t think it actually is. There’s films like Many Saints of Newark, The Tragedy of Macbeth, The Hand of God, The Power of the Dog, The Harder They Fall, Nightmare Alley, Soggy Bottom, The Card Counter that may have more than one good contender but we’re not sure yet. Both men from Mass, depending on how well they do Passing, Tragedy of Macbeth, Last Night in Soho, Belfast, Cyrano could yield a potential contender if they’re big players.

There’s just a lot of unknowns right now that for some reason make this category seem empty.

FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actor’ is closed to new replies.