Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
FilmRoyalty
Zuranthium
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Finally saw Belfast a few days ago and the cast was great. For me, Caitriona is the MVP. I loved her scenes with Jude Hill, especially some of the funny ones: the rent man scene, stealing washing powder because it was biological). If I had to pick one actor from the cast to get nominated, it would definitely be her.

Also: the young actor who played Catherine-Olive Tennant-is David Tennant’s daughter.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I didn’t like Belfast, but Caitriona was easily the best one on that cast and the only one deserving of an acting oscar nom.

I LOVE Hunter on Macbeth. Would be OK to see her replace anyone BUT Negga on the S. Actress lineup.

Profile picture
    superbrats
    Topics:

This is the strongest acting category this year imo. The “locked” top 5 are all great and there’s still people like Ann Dowd, Marlee Matlin, Kathryn Hunter, Cate Blanchett and Jessie Buckley in the conversation.

I think DeBose is going sweep but it would be nice to see Dunst or Negga getting at least one televised award (maybe BAFTA?).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve dropped Ellis for Buckley in my predictions. The Lost Daughter feels like a film that is rising in the Best Picture race whilst King Richard feels like a film that is falling and Buckley not only seems to have a lot of career goodwill right now but also really feels like someone the British bloc could rally behind.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I’ve dropped Ellis for Buckley in my predictions. The Lost Daughter feels like a film that is rising in the Best Picture race whilst King Richard feels like a film that is falling and Buckley not only seems to have a lot of career goodwill right now but also really feels like someone the British bloc could rally behind.

Maybe I’ll be wrong, but Nightmare Alley also feels like a film that’s going down in terms of BP. I haven’t seen The Tragedy of Macbeth yet, but I’m curious as to whether it’ll get in BP. Some of the arguments I’ve seen against it is that it’s too technical and Shakespearean. I hope The Lost Daughter surprises and manages to get in.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe I’ll be wrong, but Nightmare Alley also feels like a film that’s going down in terms of BP.

Oh definitely. I’m not even considering Blanchett at this point considering she’s gotten in at SAG and made the BAFTA long-list for two different films.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I kinda knew Kathryn Hunter and The Tragedy of MacBeth would be a later contender.

What happens to Ellis at this point? Does anyone think she is on the edge of being snubbed?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What happens to Ellis at this point? Does anyone think she is on the edge of being snubbed?

See I understand why people would argue that she missed due to internal competition but Caitriona Balfe was up against Judi Dench who is like a queen of SAG and Ariana DeBose was up against Rita Moreno (who until last week most of us were predicting to get in over Negga) and neither of them missed.

I don’t feel confident enough that Ellis has placed highly with the BAFTA membership either (especially considering both her and the film were ignored completely by the London film critics) and without BAFTA or SAG, it’s hard for me to predict her. She’s starting to kind of feel like the Shailene Woodley in The Descendants of this race. Someone who starts off really high with lots of hype and a strong run with critics circles but ends up falling after missing both industry awards and as her film starts to fall in the Picture race. Ironically both Woodley and Ellis won the NBR award.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I would drop Ellis if I had a sign that someone else is really surging. I mean, Hunter won NYFCC and is getting saved by the BAFTA jury, but that’s it. Other than that, her movie is peaking now, whereas KR is going down (it doesn’t help that it’s no longer on HBOMax). Her part is small (but memorable) and she’s unknown (outside of some theatre goers maybe).

Buckley is also probably going to be saved by the BAFTA jury and has won a couple of critics’ awards, plus Gotham. Her character is unlikable in the movie, whereas Colman is the older version who feels guilty about the deed.

In other words, I’m not confident in either at the moment. I need more signs. 😊

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Y’all are such dumbasses and you call yourselves the better Oscar prognosticators.

Ellis will probably take Ann Dowd’s spot. Both Jessie Buckley and Ellis are in.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.