Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
FilmRoyalty
Zuranthium
  • Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

so from national of board winners only will smith will make it through oscars ??

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

If nominated, I think Caitriona Balfe will be the biggest competition for DeBose at BAFTA (and the likely spoiler) and not Dunst/Negga.

I’m more inclined to predict Dunst and Negga to upset DeBose because they both made LFCC, while Balfe missed. Dunst is also in the frontrunner for Best Film and I feel Negga has a lot of passion. I don’t think Balfe has any passion or narrative to upset DeBose and honestly, I even think she could be snubbed on BAFTA nomination morning.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

DeBose is clearly the most likely option–at SAG, at BAFTA, and at the Oscars. She’s gotten unanimous praise for her performance, and support across the spectrum. Also, the Academy likes to use Supporting to anoint rising stars, and DeBose very obviously is one.

That said, “most likely” does not mean “absolutely certain,” and that’s a mistake this forum makes a lot.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’ve seen most of the contenders for this category so I’d like to post my personal line-up.

In alphabetical order:

1. Jessie Buckley in The Lost Daughter
    2. Ariana DeBose in West Side Story
    3. Ann Dowd in Mass
    4. Kathryn Hunter in The Tragedy of MacBeth
    5. Martha Plimpton in Mass

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Assuming they won’t give it to Ariana (which is unlikely) who do you think stands the better chance?

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Assuming they won’t give it to Ariana (which is unlikely) who do you think stands the better chance?

My gut says Negga. Something about POTD being rewarded elsewhere making me think there won’t be a feeling of obligation to further reward it in another acting category.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Negga, if she wins BAFTA.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I generally think that awards shows are more tasteful than people think, but there’s a weird assumption that BAFTA will agree with all the things the cool kids like.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

What happened to kaziz?

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I’m just hoping Negga gets in. I’d die twice if she is snubbed.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

What happened to kaziz?

Their last login was today, so they’ve probably just been taking a break from commenting. Hope they’re okay.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

they finally realized Kirsten Dunst NOR Ruth Negga is winning, instead a non factor actress is about to come through and SWEEP that award. I’d through in the towel too. Ruth ain’t winning, Kirsten ain’t winning.

But they already won! With any outcome this awards season the only real loser it’s still going to be you.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Sick Burn…

Little bitch

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Everyday I’m deceiving myself into thinking Hunter somehow will make it in, because she deserves it so much, which means her snub will be even more painful.

Impossachievable

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m more inclined to predict Dunst and Negga to upset DeBose because they both made LFCC, while Balfe missed. Dunst is also in the frontrunner for Best Film and I feel Negga has a lot of passion. I don’t think Balfe has any passion or narrative to upset DeBose and honestly, I even think she could be snubbed on BAFTA nomination morning.

Yes but as I said,if nominated.
    Balfe if nominated will clearly show she was top 2 in the membership round which would make her the potential spoiler to DeBose. While not a big name, there’s certainly some amount of respect in the British industry for Balfe which might help her chances. Also her character is likely extremely relatable (Brits on media who watched Belfast this week have highlighted Balfe as a standout with many calling her performance as a resemblance to their mothers.)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.