Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
FilmRoyalty
Zuranthium
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Balfe only wins at BAFTA if Belfast wins Best Film at BAFTA. In case anyone forgot, Balfe got snubbed at LFCC. It’s either DeBose taking the award (most likely outcome) or Dunst coattailing a win if TPOTD takes Best Film. Even if TPOTD wins Best Film, I would still predict DeBose to win based on her performance being one that screams sweep.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Balfe if nominated will clearly show she was top 2

No it will not (unless Dunst misses at BAFTA).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

right like you have a freaking clue you pathetic British Scumbag.
    PS: Your sister didn’t deserve what happened to her, it should have been you instead.

You go to ignore, troll.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

No it will not (unless Dunst misses at BAFTA).

I don’t think a jury will vote for a performance like Balfe’s. Dunst and Negga can get in via a jury but I don’t see that happening for Balfe especially when there are a number of other perfomances which are more “jury friendly”.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think a jury will vote for a performance like Balfe’s. Dunst and Negga can get in via a jury but I don’t see that happening for Balfe especially when there are a number of other perfomances which are more “jury friendly”.

See I feel the opposite. I think it will be harder for Dunst to make it in with a jury because her performance doesn’t have a “quirky” aspect to it like Benedict’s and Kodi’s so the jury might just see her as another Hollywood star in a big movie. So really I feel like either she has to get into the top 2 or she’ll miss completely at BAFTA.

Balfe already made it in at the BIFAs so her performance seems to be jury friendly enough (even if Belfast as a film isn’t), is Irish so arguably has a “homegrown factor” that might appeal to a jury (although I don’t think it will be something that appeals to the membership when it comes to the win) and she isn’t a big star.

I am predicting her to miss with the jury because the field is competitive but it wouldn’t surprise me if she got in along with Dunst and DeBose (or whomever else is the top 2 there).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

See I feel the opposite. I think it will be harder for Dunst to make it in with a jury because her performance doesn’t have a “quirky” aspect to it like Benedict’s and Kodi’s so the jury might just see her as another Hollywood star in a big movie. So really I feel like either she has to get into the top 2 or she’ll miss completely at BAFTA.

Balfe already made it in at the BIFAs so her performance seems to be jury friendly enough (even if Belfast as a film isn’t), is Irish so arguably has a “homegrown factor” that might appeal to a jury (although I don’t think it will be something that appeals to the membership when it comes to the win) and she isn’t a big star.

I am predicting her to miss with the jury because the field is competitive but it wouldn’t surprise me if she got in along with Dunst and DeBose (or whomever else is the top 2 there).

That’s Fair.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

💀Judi Dench won Best Supporting Actress at AACTA.

Looks like Judi Dench is Australia’s Lady Gaga too.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Are we underestimating the possibility of Dench being top 2 at BAFTA? She’s English royalty after all. This is probably just AACTA being AACTA though.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Are we underestimating the possibility of Dench being top 2 at BAFTA? She’s English royalty after all.

It’s very possible Dench is Top 2 at BAFTA although the lack of a SAG nomination does make it feel Balfe is above Dench.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

All AACTA winners here were nominated for the Oscar except for Nicole Kidman in 2018. This bodes really well for Dench.

Profile picture
    BoBo
    Topics:

Oh, dear lord…

What if Belfast goes 4 for 4?

If Dench gets in, I think that means they just LOVE Belfast and Dornan gets in too

If Dench and Dornan both make BAFTA, I’m probably going to put them in my Oscar predictions.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BoBo
    Topics:

Yeah, Belfast sorta plays to the Silver Linings Playbook crowd. I was just thinking that.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’m not ruling out the possibility of the entire Belfast cast getting nominated despite the SAG underperformance. This is exactly what happened with American Hustle.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.