Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Manav
FilmRoyalty
Zuranthium
  • Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

A Ruth Negga upset is unlikely, but would be monumental!

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Dunst isn’t missing

She just did. Hello? You were wrong, so don’t try to turn it around.

It’s possible with “normal” BAFTA membership voting she might have been name check ballot filled into a nomination, but we’ll never know, and that still wouldn’t mean she’d be secure for the Oscars. It’s quite likely that both Ellis and Negga have more passionate supporters.

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Watch the fight for the 5th spot be between Dunst, Blanchett & something wild from the Academy like McDormand or Streep in supporting.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

Yeah, I think it’s between Balfe and Negga at the BAFTAs.

Really hoping for Negga. Passing performed well with BAFTA, fingers crossed it helps give them momentum. Balfe was the standout from Belfast, but Negga is much more deserving in my opinion.

Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

Oscar Predictions:
    Caitríona Balfe, Belfast
    Ariana DeBose, West Side Story
    Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard
    Ruth Negga, Passing

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

She just did. Hello? You were wrong, so don’t try to turn it around. It’s possible with “normal” BAFTA membership voting she might have been name check ballot filled into a nomination, but we’ll never know, and that still wouldn’t mean she’d be secure for the Oscars. It’s quite likely that both Ellis and Negga have more passionate supporters.

And? Congrats 👏🏼 you must be really happy. Dunst must have killed your dog or someone you know for this amount of hatred. Lord. She missed the top2, the other 4 spots were literally chosen by a jury. She’s not missing the Oscar nom when she’s in the BP frontrunner. Also, Ellis already missed SAG and AACTA where her movie got nominations. She happened at the BAFTAs because of the jury, we don’t even know if she would’ve been nominated under full membership.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I won’t mind whomever wins here. Dunst or Negga would be my personal choice but I loved West Side Story, loved Ellis, loved Mass and Dowd’s performance in it (and Plimpton’s of course but no need to state the obvious) and really liked Balfe in Belfast even though I didn’t think much of the film itself.

As long as the AMPAS don’t suddenly nominate the cast of Don’t Look Up in these supporting categories I’ll be happy.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I still don’t see how Passing making 4 juried categories means Negga is above DeBose.

Using West Side Story’s underperformance as a reason to predict Balfe makes sense. Belfast is after all a strong contender. Using West Side Story’s underperformance to predict Negga does not make sense. Passing is a very weak film.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Oscar Predictions:
    Caitríona Balfe, Belfast
    Ariana DeBose, West Side Story
    Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard
    Ruth Negga, Passing

This is the frontrunner line-up. I’m still hoping for a surprise nom here.

I would take a Marlee Matlin, Rita Moreno or Jessie Buckley nomination over Balfe or Ellis personally.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

And?

And it’s a predictions site, why do you keep trying to change the subject? Most people here were wrong about Dunst and haven’t been reading the Oscar viability of this performance correctly, because they are fans who wanted to see her win, or at the very least be a lock for a nomination.

I don’t hate Dunst at all, but these constant attempts to twist things around because someone isn’t groveling in line to stan a certain actor like a lemming is so annoying. I’m here to analyze the Oscar races and I have an excellent radar for what they go for; Dunst’s performance never stood out as a possible winner to me and I’ve not heard much passion from voters about it. The point of the site should be to discuss those things. It’s also a straight-up fact that there has been a massive PR-fabricated campaign for her this season, so it’s annoying when people act like this is coming naturally, or like the industry is dying to award her.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

How many people have won for the same character?

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

How many people have won for the same character?

Marlon Brando and Robert DeNiro in The Godfather, and Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.

Arguably not the same thing as Ariana DeBose’s case but it’s the closest.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

And it’s a predictions site, why do you keep trying to change the subject? Most people here were wrong about Dunst and haven’t been reading the Oscar viability of this performance correctly, because they are fans who wanted to see her win, or at the very least be a lock for a nomination.

I don’t hate Dunst at all, but these constant attempts to twist things around because someone isn’t groveling in line to stan a certain actor like a lemming is so annoying. I’m here to analyze the Oscar races and I have an excellent radar for what they go for; Dunst’s performance never stood out as a possible winner to me and I’ve not heard much passion from voters about it. The point of the site should be to discuss those things. It’s also a straight-up fact that there has been a massive PR-fabricated campaign for her this season, so it’s annoying when people act like this is coming naturally, or like the industry is dying to award her.

I’m not changing the subject lmao. Most narratives and campaigns are literally fabricated to give actors a boost to their visibility and awards chances. You’re acting as if this a crime or something. And even if you don’t hear much passion for her performance from people within the Industry doesn’t mean everyone feels that way. You don’t know every Academy voter or Industry member. People tried it with her missing SAG and she got in over someone people actually thought could’ve won there. I never said she was winning, I said she had a shot. Obviously, she’s not winning but she’s also not missing because she didn’t make top2 at the BAFTAs and a jury didn’t pick her. I also remember months ago when you said Mike Faist was locked for the win. How’s that turning out for you?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Because Passing got into British Film. And bec. Rebecca Hall got into debut Director.

Girl, you do realise both categories are juried right? Passing was clearly a jury save for British Film (it wasn’t top5 in that category) and Debut is chosen by a jury.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Marlon Brando and Robert DeNiro in The Godfather, and Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.

Arguably not the same thing as Ariana DeBose’s case but it’s the closest.

Thanks! Why not the same?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.