Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 179 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FilmRoyalty
Zuranthium
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If the three witches from Macbeth were played by Meryl Streep, she’d already be locked for the nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kent Adams
    Topics:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one that thinks Kathryn Hunter deserves to be nominated! She ate a full meal with her little screentime. And dare I say, stole the show?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Didn’t Hunter play “the old man” as well?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Didn’t Hunter play “the old man” as well?

She did.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

An Ellis/Sidney snub at SAG would actually… make a decent amount of sense. They love young actors, and I was surprised by how much more screen time and material Sidney ended up having over Ellis (Ellis had 38 minutes while Sidney had just over an hour).

Hunter would be an AMAZING surprise at the Oscars. I’m personally expecting Macbeth to overperform a la Phantom Thread, so it’d totally make sense for her to be the Manville to Washington’s Day-Lewis.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

If the three witches from Macbeth were played by Meryl Streep, she’d already be locked for the nomination.

Of course darling. Meryl’s Oscar contending performances feels like a pure name-check nowadays.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION DARLING.
    Tessa Thompson, Lead Actress for PASSING
    Ruth Negga, Supporting Actress for PASSING
    Charlotte Rampling, Supporting Actress for BENEDETTA
    Martha Plimpton, Supporting Actress for MASS
    Arawinda Kirana, Lead Actress for YUNI
    Kathryn Hunter, Supporting Actress for THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Buzz from critics definitely matters, but I think Caitriona Balfe and Aunjanue Ellis are showing that we gave them too much stock in this particular category. Almost everyone here, myself included, looked at Ellis and her critical over performance and assumed that she was a lock and potentially win competitive, and that Balfe’s under performance meant that she was out of the top three and could even miss the lineup entirely. After SAG nominations I think it’s safe to say Ellis is out of the top three and was never win competitive and that Balfe is top three (though definitely not win competitive).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

This category is too damn competitive. Just hoping Queen Ruth gets in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

It’s a shame that this Ariana Debose that I never heard of is winning thanks to the critics push. I don’t even remember when was the last time that I liked the winner.

King over Weisz, Janney over Metcalf… all over again. Dunst feels like a consistent runner-up or top 3 but she’s not winning. I wish Negga could upset but the sheep mentality won’t let that happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Buzz from critics definitely matters, but I think Caitriona Balfe and Aunjanue Ellis are showing that we gave them too much stock in this particular category. Almost everyone here, myself included, looked at Ellis and her critical over performance and assumed that she was a lock and potentially win competitive, and that Balfe’s under performance meant that she was out of the top three and could even miss the lineup entirely. After SAG nominations I think it’s safe to say Ellis is out of the top three and was never win competitive and that Balfe is top three (though definitely not win competitive).

Ellis, in theory, fits the criteria of recent winners. 35+, experienced and underrated actress, etc. It’s very natural that everyone was confident on her chances, regardless of how we felt about her performance. Caitriona on the other hand seems to be in anyway thanks to the strength of her film but not seriously competitive since, well, ever. I don’t think she’s top 3, she seems to lack passion. I think Debose, Dunst and Negga are the top 3 but Debose is easily winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

It’s a shame that this Ariana Debose that I never heard of is winning thanks to the critics push. I don’t even remember when was the last time that I liked the winner. King over Weisz, Janney over Metcalf… all over again. Dunst feels like a consistent runner-up or top 3 but she’s not winning. I wish Negga could upset but the sheep mentality won’t let that happen.

What? DeBose shouldn’t win because you never heard of her??? make it make sense….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I’d love for Hunter to squeeze in and get nominated. NO OTHER ACTRESS IN HOLLYWOOD COULD HAVE PLAYED THE ROLE LIKE SHE DID.

I wish the entire film was about the 3 witches.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I’d love for Hunter to squeeze in and get nominated. NO OTHER ACTRESS IN HOLLYWOOD COULD HAVE PLAYED THE ROLE LIKE SHE DID.

I wish the entire film was about the 3 witches.

I demand a 90 minute sequel starring in the lead role Kathryn Hunter as the weird sisters/witches!!!!! (; She really was amazing in her role! She definitely SHOULD be in the conversation for Best Supporting Actress (along with 10 other actresses though!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I demand a 90 minute sequel starring in the lead role Kathryn Hunter as the weird sisters/witches!!!!! (; She really was amazing in her role! She definitely SHOULD be in the conversation for Best Supporting Actress (along with 10 other actresses though!)

The fact that she played the Old Man that took care of the orphaned boy is mind-blowing as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Just watched West Side Story and I’m here for Ariana to win the Oscar. Amazing performance and definitely did the character justice. This category is insane. Wouldn’t mind seeing any of Ariana, Ruth or Kirsten winning. All deserving. I also have to say, I liked Rita Moreno a lot and, I’m not gonna lie, I did cry during her rendition of ‘Somewhere’. Beautiful moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.