Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 509 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I don’t buy the Dunst talk. Her stans are trying to make her happen since day one, I need to see some proof before I join the cult.

Dowd, Negga, DeBose and Collette seem like a strong set of nominees with another girl joining them.

I do hope Collette will end up winning, and they won’t mess up the category with Blanchett. She has two Oscars, she can sit this one out. Collette’s possible win is like my final and only wish Oscar-wise. She’s the best working actress today, and it’s sad that she still doesn’t have an Oscar.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I don’t buy the Dunst talk. Her stans are trying to make her happen since day one, I need to see some proof before I join the cult.

The hype comes from her role in the book, which is pretty baitty if it really is what people are saying it is (I will find out in a few days when my copy of the book arrives from Amazon).

And honestly, I am considering Negga more now. The original cut of the film that played at Sundance didn’t really strike me as Oscar friendly, but apparently it’s been re-edited so now that’s gotten me thinking if there’s potential there.

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    Lydia 3rd Oscar TAR
    Topics:

I have become more and more curious about Mass. Sounds like a great performances movie

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I have become more and more curious about Mass. Sounds like a great performances movie

If it just sounds like a great performances movie, then hoo boy

FYC

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Recently watched CODA and I loved it! Marlee has a limited screentime and her character is not that big but I would love to see her nominated again after 35 years of her historical win.

I really liked her in the movie, but she has only one scene where she is allowed to shine (when she’s expressing her reaction to having a hearing daughter).

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Martha Plimpton having a vehicle is someth i’m very looking foward

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just saw CODA. Matlin can happen but I don’t think she does unless Emilia Jones also gets in as well. It’s a strong performance but it’s also not much of a standout one in showiness and whilst she is of course a bigger name than Jones, I don’t really think there’s any reason for her to happen without her. Jones’ performance has the most passion. This is her “star is born” moment. She sings, changes her accent and learnt sign language for this film. Ellen Burstyn had a strong narrative last year yet her performance wasn’t the talk of her film – Vanessa Kirby’s was – and that was reflected in the end in nominations. Paul Raci needed <i>Sound of Metal</i> to be a Picture and cross branch player for him to get in after missing at SAG and the Globes. Sure Allison Janney won whilst Margot Robbie didn’t but would she had Robbie or I, Tonya been smaller players? Lesley Manville had a category that was arguably emptier than Daniel Day-Lewis’ but she needed Phantom Thread to be the late-breaker of the year to get in. I would love to think that the potential historic nature behind Matlin’s nomination will bring her back in but after last year I’m not sure how much the academy cares about narrative anymore.

At the moment I am predicting she has a run similar to Claire Foy for First Man. Critics Choice and BAFTA nominations (the latter of which I feel more confident than I would in a previous year due to how the crowd pleasing elements of the film as well as its monumental representation of the deaf community will help it in bait for the acting jury) but she misses SAG and then the Oscars to a coattail from a Best Picture contender. I do think she will happen though if I’m wrong (which in this case I really do hope so because I really connected emotionally with this film) and CODA does end up being a bigger picture contender and Jones gets in.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

For me, I thought Troy Kotsur was better than Matlin, and he’s not even on the fucking odds. I highly doubt he gets in sadly

FYC

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Predicted lineup:

Florence Pugh, Black Widow

Octavia Spencer, Thunder Force

Jerry, Tom & Jerry

Eliza Scanlen, Old

Jordana Brewster, F9

More contenders:

Vera Varmiga, The Conjuring 3

Anita Dahling, Cruella

Michelle Rodriguez, F9

Kong, Kong vs. Godzilla

Long shots:

Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog

Ann Dowd, Mass

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anita Dahling, Cruella

Darling this SENT me.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

CODA is a fantastic film. Matlin & Kotsur deserve Supporting nominations.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Regardless of who is nominated, these are the Best Supporting Actress performances I’m most excited to see

FYC

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Ruth, Ariana, Regina, & Aunjanue are coming to give this category the representation it so desperately needs.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Regardless of who is nominated, these are the Best Supporting Actress performances I’m most excited to see     

So excited for each of the other ones you’ve mentioned (especially Taylor-Joy and Dunst) but I cannot wait for this one in particular. Toni Collette is one of the best actresses working today.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Ruth, Ariana, Regina, & Aunjanue are coming to give this category the representation it so desperately needs.

omg. Aunjanue Ellis. Please someone give this woman a MOVIE!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.