Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 509 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There’s a rumour implying that Taylor Joy wont have much dialogue in Soho and spent most of her screentime singing and dancing. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Not.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

There’s a rumour implying that Taylor Joy wont have much dialogue in Soho and spent most of her screentime singing and dancing. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Anya won’t get nominated. But boy does that description sound captivating. Anya prominently controlling the film’s atmosphere through her body language from dancing is a bold move from Wright. I particularly enjoyed Anya’s dancing in The Queen’s Gambit and for those who have seen the series you know exactly what I’m talking about lol. Such fierce energy.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

With Collette, Houdyshell, Dunst, Mara, Streep, Johnson, Buckley, DeBose, Dowd, and Negga in this race, is Matlin actually a real contender lol? It seems like a charming role, but in the top five compared to these ten?…

Grammys FYC:

"Glimpse of Us" - Joji

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

With Collette, Houdyshell, Dunst, Mara, Streep, Johnson, Buckley, DeBose, Dowd, and Negga in this race, is Matlin actually a real contender lol? It seems like a charming role, but in the top five compared to these ten?…

I definitely think Marlee Matlin (and CODA as a whole) is being very overestimated. For Matlin specifically, I think the ceiling is a nomination from the Spirits, maybe the BAFTAs, or Critics Choice. Otherwise, with the combination of the summer release date, little buzz for the film, and other Supporting Actress contenders from stronger films inevitably turning up later in the season, I personally do not understand why Matlin is so highly predicted for a nomination (even though I’m honestly sure she’s deserving).

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Yeah this category is looking increasingly packed.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I find it more difficult to predict the best supporting nominations at this stage, because it requires looking more into the plot or the source material. I am only sure about Kirsten Dunst: she’s overdue for at least a nomination and she has a great role.

1. Kirsten Dunst (“The Power of the Dog”)
    2. Ann Dowd (“Mass”)
    3. Frances McDormand (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”)
    4. Ariana DeBose (“West Side Story”)
    5. Ruth Negga (“Passing”)
    6. Rooney Mara (“Nightmare Alley”)
    7. Toni Collette (“Nightmare Alley”)
    8. Marlee Matlin (“CODA”)
    9. Jane Houdyshell (“The Humans”)
    10. Martha Plimpton (“Mass”)

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Margot Robbie was BAFTA nominated recently for less.

FYC:

Zahra Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Margot Robbie was BAFTA nominated recently for less.

There must be a lot of foot fetishists among BAFTA voters.

We’ll see if anyone capitalizes on getting the foot vote this year. (one of the most fun parts last year, to me, was wondering about who will get what vote lol if you know you know)

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

I personally do not understand why Matlin is so highly predicted for a nomination (even though I’m honestly sure she’s deserving).

People like comebacks. Look at the conversation about Halle Berry. Both she and Matlin are singular trailblazers without anyone following behind. Which makes their historic wins less breakthroughs and more so novelty and curios.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

After finally seeing Loving yesterday, I’m all for Ruth Negga getting a nomination for Passing and maybe even winning. She’s got a hell of a lot of talent and I would love to see this

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

After finally seeing Loving yesterday, I’m all for Ruth Negga getting a nomination for Passing and maybe even winning. She’s got a hell of a lot of talent and I would love to see this

Siiiiiiigh. My 2nd-favorite performance that lineup after Huppert, in fact maybe almost-equally-good?! I know you’ve seen Passing and I presume, from knowing the book, Negga is bringing something TOTALLY different in it? That’s two nods for two VERY different roles. R.A.N.G.E.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

There must be a lot of foot fetishists among BAFTA voters. We’ll see if anyone capitalizes on getting the foot vote this year. (one of the most fun parts last year, to me, was wondering about who will get what vote lol if you know you know)

I strongly believe that it was the shitting-in-a-bucket-vote that pushed Frances McDormand over the finish line.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Siiiiiiigh. My 2nd-favorite performance that lineup after Huppert, in fact maybe almost-equally-good?! I know you’ve seen Passing and I presume, from knowing the book, Negga is bringing something TOTALLY different in it? That’s two nods for two VERY different roles. R.A.N.G.E.

She’s definitely not as reserved as she is in Loving and has a bit more to do (she’s putting on a different accent and has more material to work with. Very different roles and performances she’s giving

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Anne Thompson put Rebecca Ferguson in Dune at #2 above Ann Dowd. Since she only puts those she’s seen, that’s…certainly interesting.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

My friend just got invited to WSS test screening. If they tell me anything, i’ll tell you guys

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.