Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 509 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

EARLY SEPTEMBER PREDICTIONS:

Best Supporting Actress:
    1: Ruth Negga – Passing
    2: Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    3: Jayne Houdyshell – The Humans
    4: Ariana DeBose – West Side Story
    5: Anya Taylor-Joy – Last Night in Soho

Solid choices. Go Jayne Houdyshell!

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

People seem to be predicting a lot of sole/genre contenders here that makes too little sense to me. I doubt that Last Night in Soho will be a contender with Taylor-Joy here, no matter how popular she is nowadays.

Houdyshell and Dowd are big question marks in my book. I don’t see either as sole nominees unless their films are hits.

I think people are seriously underestimating Toni Collette in Nightmare Alley. Ruth Negga in Passing could be a serious contender for the win. You know Ariana DeBose will get all the buzz in the world for West Side Story.

Those three are my bets for now.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You know Ariana DeBose will get all the buzz in the world for West Side Story.

Will she? I know the original won so many Oscars and Spielberg is directing the remake but I feel like there’s zero pre-hype for this film outside of these boards.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Will she? I know the original won so many Oscars and Spielberg is directing the remake but I feel like there’s zero pre-hype for this film outside of these boards.

I don’t feel any pre-hype for it here either tbh.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I don’t see WSS going THAT far in terms of Oscar noms. It could get into BP and several techs, but I just don’t see it winning anything above the line. Even though the original aged a bit bad in some aspects (brown face,…), it’s still regarded as a masterpiece and a classic by the majority. Ariana could get nominated, but I don’t think she’ll be win competitive.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Hmm. Variety not overly impressed with TPOTD

Kyle Buchanan: The power of the Dunst! In Jane Campion’s latest, Kirsten Dunst’s despairing character is best in show. Oscar, it’s time to finally take note.

Fuck, I hate movie critics so much lol

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Houdyshell and Dowd are big question marks in my book. I don’t see either as sole nominees unless their films are hits.

I think people are seriously underestimating Toni Collette in Nightmare Alley. Ruth Negga in Passing could be a serious contender for the win. You know Ariana DeBose will get all the buzz in the world for West Side Story.

Those three are my bets for now.

Houdyshell will not be the sole nominee from The Humans – Jenkins and adapted screenplay look v. likely.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know I’m probably getting ahead of myself here but Dunst is the only person I feel confident in predicting for a nomination in this category at the moment. She has an “under-recognised” narrative, she’s second on the call sheet for a film that will probably be an across the board contender (and potential Best Actor winner) and she’s receiving a lot of acclaim for her performance here.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Dunst and Cumberbatch are constantly getting singled out in reviews for The Power of the Dog. Cumerbatch praise is immediately followed up by Dunst in reviews. Dunst is coming.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Dunst and Cumberbatch are constantly getting singled out in reviews for The Power of the Dog. Cumerbatch praise is immediately followed up by Dunst in reviews. Dunst is coming.

For a career nod at best. She won’t Laura Dern the season.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Well I meant she was coming for a nomination.

The race becomes Negga vs Collette/Mara now.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I feel like one of the Supporting Actress spot will go to one of Focus’ Supporting Actress (Dench, Balfe or Taylor Joy, I still hope rumour about her not having much dialogues are false ugh) depends on how these movie performs.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I mean… refreshing POC newcomer in a well-known musical, in a baity role, directed by Steven Spielberg seems a bit more likely than Dowd as a sole nominee for a slow-placed movie directed by a newcomer director.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

refreshing POC newcomer in a well-known musical, in a baity role, directed by Steven Spielberg

I don’t think think academy member are going to see West Side Story in the way you’ve described it. It’s still a remake of a film many (including academy members) consider a classic and sans A Star is Born (which had strong raves out of Venice and was a box office hit) those haven’t performed well with the academy.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I don’t think think academy member are going to see West Side Story in the way you’ve described it. It’s still a remake of a film many (including academy members) consider a classic and sans A Star is Born (which had strong raves out of Venice and was a box office hit) those haven’t performed well with the academy.

I would think the same, but then again, it’s a Steven Spielberg movie, not just some random remake. And if DeBose delivers, I don’t see why wouldn’t she be nomd. 🙂

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.