Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 509 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t know about a win yet, but KDunst is locked for the nom and I’m really happy for her

I think the narrative will start mattering now 🙂

I think her being at Venice early (and sans Plemons!) is a sign that she’s going to be campaigning………which she herself has said she doesn’t really do, and I was kinda hoping she’d just get over herself and play the darn game because she never plays it!

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Dunst locked. Johnson and Buckley are next for us to talk about.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Dunst locked. Johnson and Buckley are next for us to talk about.

Sally Hawkins is more on my radar

FYC:

Zahra Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Sally Hawkins is more on my radar

Both Spencer and The Lost Daughter premier tomorrow, so we’ll have a bigger picture on the three of them.

Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

Dunst’s odds have been slashed to pieces in the past 12 hours, from 100/1, 75/1, to safely in the top 5. That’s a hell of a climb.

She’s the most secure nominee of ANY acting category right now.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Dunst’s odds have been slashed to pieces in the past 12 hours, from 100/1, 75/1, to safely in the top 5. That’s a hell of a climb.

She’s the most secure nominee of ANY acting category right now.

Yeah. One of the most interesting things happening with TPOTD in that insofar as it’s “divisive” (it’s not…) the critics who aren’t so hot on Cumberbatch are GLOWING for Dunst, and I can’t find any review that isn’t glowing for her. It’s a loyalty-thing the book engineers: which do you find more fascinating? One critic thinks she’s underserved but faults the writing, not her. She’s a pretty sure bet. Winner, who knows. If Metcalf couldn’t win after the fall fests, maybe it’s best to be a sleeper right now lol.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

OK Dunst hype train is strong! Kyle Buchanan does not mess around.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

FYI—if anyone is curious, an interview of Cumberbatch & Dunst is up on the Venice website and it’s kind of…awesome because I feel like Dunst’s is the best articulation of Rose’s character that I’ve seen thus far.

Profile picture
    John Nguyen
    Topics:

It’s so biszzare it took her so long to finally have Oscar hype. She should’ve been nominated for melancholia and Interview with a vampire.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It’s so biszzare it took her so long to finally have Oscar hype. She should’ve been nominated for melancholia and Interview with a vampire.

And take your pick from 4 out of: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Cat’s Meow, The Beguiled, Bachelorette, Midnight Special, Marie Antoinette, The Virgin Suicides, All Good Things……..I mean, she’s just GREAT.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’ll say it again: no one from WSS is getting nominated, not even if it gets nominated for Best Picture.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I’ll say it again: no one from WSS is getting nominated, not even if it gets nominated for Best Picture.

I don’t feel as strongly as you but mostly I agree: even if Johnson and Buckley are not going to happen at all, this field is packed. And they don’t all need their films to be big players (though it’ll help). Dunst & Negga are seen and will be visible due to fests. Dowd is seen but unsure about the campaign. McDormand if she drops. The rest can easily happen if their films happen or they are standouts, but Marlee Matlin and Ariana DeBose feel unlikely.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Only an icon can pull off this line and still be one of the best actresses of her generation years later

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Someone mentioned a while ago on this site that Kirsten Dunst expressed some disappointment over not being nominated at awards bodies or being recognized by the industry or her peers;  I finally found that video!

It seems like her disappointment will end soon because, guys, Dunst is coming for an Oscar nomination (and perhaps the win).

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.