Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/janusfilmtote/status/1433501665152274445?s=21

Someone mentioned a while ago on this site that Kirsten Dunst expressed some disappointment over not being nominated at awards bodies or being recognized by the industry or her peers; I finally found that video!

It seems like her disappointment will end soon because, guys, Dunst is coming for an Oscar nomination (and perhaps the win).

Yeah this interview happened soon after she got her Hollywood Walk of Fame star. The AP wrote a headline “Kirsten Dunst, best known as Spiderman’s girlfriend gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star”, and then Twitter and Instagram BLEW UP because people were so pissed (I’ve always known that the Kirsten Dunst hive is HUUUUUUUGE) and it started a whole “best of generation and most underrated” thing. So lol in this interview she was asked about that and she talked about how surprised and humbled she was.

Like…she’s got a very powerful narrative. Much more than many think.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Cass
    Topics:

it was a nail biter but  DUNST HIVE ASSEMBLE!!! 😍

Profile picture
    Coltrane
    Topics:

I’m at Telluride. Waiting in lines. Bumping into old friends 🙂 It’s lovely

For everyone I’ve spoken to, Dunst is the frontrunner here. It’s almost hard to believe this moment arrived! 🙂

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

funny how it feels theres no competition for dunst at all even if its too early

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

funny how it feels theres no competition for dunst at all even if its too early

I would like to wager one Ruth Negga, but admittedly I have her second behind Dunst, as I believe the latter will have the stronger film and more push by Netflix.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

It is far too early, and perhaps not exactly ideal to be considered a frontrunner so early (worked for Dern & King, didn’t work for Seyfried!) But it is…god it feels good!

Negga’s definitely strong no. 2 for me too, the film just needs more visibility, which will come with NYFF. Shame they couldn’t make the logistics work for Telluride, I think it would have played SO bloody well there!!!

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Cabiria
    Topics:

So will “The Piano” scenario happen again with TPOTD winning screenplay, one lead & one supporting acting category while being top 3 in BP and BD?

I hope so. (plus a BD win for Jane this time please 🙂 )

2023: The Banshees of Inisherin, The Whale, and TAR

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

So will “The Piano” scenario happen again with TPOTD winning screenplay, one lead & one supporting acting category while being top 3 in BP and BD?

I hope so. (plus a BD win for Jane this time please 🙂 )

Well……..I think all these categories are perfectly possible and likely, as of what we know right now, except that Peter Dinklage just came out of nowhere and became the frontrunner to beat! So it’ll be tough for Cumberbatch.

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

I would like to wager one Ruth Negga, but admittedly I have her second behind Dunst, as I believe the latter will have the stronger film and more push by Netflix.

Based on The Hand of God and The Lost Daughter no longer looking like serious contenders, I have Passing as Netflix’s third most important film like Ma Rainey and The Two Popes. That means it should get two acting nominations.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Belfast could get double supporting nominations with Judi Dench and Caitriona Balfe

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Well……..I think all these categories are perfectly possible and likely, as of what we know right now, except that Peter Dinklage just came out of nowhere and became the frontrunner to beat! So it’ll be tough for Cumberbatch.

Dinklage is in a good position for a nom but actors in musicals never win so I wouldn’t call him the de facto frontrunner.

Profile picture
    veronikavoss
    Topics:

Aunjanue Ellis getting standout notices even in more tepid King Richard notices, and she’s LOVED in the industry. Seems like a very easy nomination for her, another longtime hardworking actress deserving of her flowers.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Aunjanue Ellis getting standout notices even in more tepid King Richard notices, and she’s LOVED in the industry. Seems like a very easy nomination for her, another longtime hardworking actress deserving of her flowers.

Gosh, I love her so much! I’m binge-watching Quantico these days, and she was so excellent in that, too!

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Ellis is LOCKEDDDD

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 496 through 509 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.