Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 509 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
George Ehret
crabbie

• Tick Tock
    Topics:

I agree over the contenders mentioned, and of course Dunst will need the reviews/raves etc etc. But Dowd is still pretty darn strong, I know it’s Bleecker Street and I know Mass may not hit as a film (I hope it does) but people clearly feel passionate enough about her for her to be running away with it in GD odds.

I think Dowd will be nominated and is maybe more likely to be nominated than someone like Collette for example but I just don’t see her winning for that movie and that distributor. The nomination will be her reward.

kaziz
    Topics:

I think Dowd will be nominated and is maybe more likely to be nominated than someone like Collette for example but I just don’t see her winning for that movie and that distributor. The nomination will be her reward.

Yeah if she’s the sole nominee, and Bleecker Street totally messes up I can also see her being Melissa Leo in Novitiate (is top on odds for most of the season and doesn’t even get nominated), but that’s not all that common.

I also really need Buckley and Johnson to be added because I am for suuuuuuuuure predicting Buckley based on her material, and if the film hits, Johnson too.

FYC:
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    The Banshees of Inisherin
    Women Talking
    All the Beauty and the Bloodshed
    Joyland
    RRR
    Aftersun

George Ehret
    Topics:

I also really need Buckley and Johnson to be added because I am for suuuuuuuuure predicting Buckley based on her material, and if the film hits, Johnson too.

Do you think either of them could win if the film hits?

FYC
    Everything Everywhere All at Once for everything, everywhere, all at once

kaziz
    Topics:

Do you think either of them could win if the film hits?

Depends on how big the film hits, but…yes absolutely. Buckley more likely because she’s the younger version of Colman and there’s some big surprises in her past.

To be fair, if a film hits, I’d say yes to almost anyone lol. It’s not as good as Rose (Dunst) but that’s because that would be fraud anyway. The past in The Lost Daughter is contained to pivotal moments. Buckley is almost definitely supporting. Colman has a large majority of the story to herself.

FYC:
    Women Talking
    Joyland
    RRR
    Aftersun

George Ehret
    Topics:

Depends on how big the film hits, but…yes absolutely. Buckley more likely because she’s the younger version of Colman and there’s some big surprises in her past. To be fair, if a film hits, I’d say yes to almost anyone lol. It’s not as good as Rose (Dunst) but that’s because that would be fraud anyway. The past in The Lost Daughter is contained to pivotal moments. Buckley is almost definitely supporting. Colman has a large majority of the story to herself.

I’m putting Buckley on my top 10. Sounds like something she could eat the fuck up.

FYC

kaziz
    Topics:

I’m putting Buckley on my top 10. Sounds like something she could eat the fuck up.

Obviously tho I haven’t seen the film, just based off the book, this is what it feels like. Also maybe I’m wrong to think Buckley more because Johnson’s character is also awesome and she benefits from being in the present to befriend/be around/spar with Colman’s older Leda.

But….probably Buckley more. At least as a reader.

FYC:
    Women Talking
    Joyland
    RRR
    Aftersun

JV
    Topics:

I don’t know about Buckley. I literally don’t remember the last time someone was nominated in Supporting for playing a younger version of the Lead character.

Alpha Gong Gong
    Topics:

I don’t know about Buckley. I literally don’t remember the last time someone was nominated in Supporting for playing a younger version of the Lead character.

Kate Winslet was nominated in the Supporting category in 2002, for playing the younger Iris Murdoch in Iris. Judi Dench was nominated in the Lead category for playing the same character.
    Not sure if it’s the most recent, though.

Melvinezq
    Topics:

After reading Vanity Fair’s article about The Lost Daughter, I just want to say

JESSIE BUCKLEY IS COMING.

*’scuse me for that upper case, I mean

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t care if she wins or loses I just need 2x BAFTA nominee Jessie Buckley to get a major American awards nomination. It’s about time.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Meryl Streep, Don’t Look Up
    Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    Ariana DeBose, West Side Story
    Toni Collette, Nightmare Alley
    Caitriona Balfe, Belfast

Jessie Buckley, The Lost Daughter
    Ann Dowd, Mass
    Marlee Matlin, CODA
    Rooney Mara, Nightmare Alley
    Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard

Anya Taylor-Joy, Last Night in Soho
    Cate Blanchett, Don’t Look Up
    Salma Hayek, House of Gucci
    Cherry Jones, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Rebecca Ferguson, Dune

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: EEAAO, Severance, Bad Sisters, Avatar: The Way of Water

George Ehret
    Topics:

I’ve been considering whether Buckley could go as far as winning for The Lost Daughter. If Dunst goes Lead, then I might have a little fun and put her there.

FYC

Ryusei
    Topics:

Gonna put in Buckley as soon as I can, Leda’s past is wild.

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

kaziz
    Topics:

Kate Winslet was nominated in the Supporting category in 2002, for playing the younger Iris Murdoch in Iris. Judi Dench was nominated in the Lead category for playing the same character.
    Not sure if it’s the most recent, though.

Yeah I was gonna say: films with such meaty pasts and presents of the same character aren’t all that common. And as the above comment says, Leda’s past (and present) is…wild. Can’t imagine that many baitier supporting roles.

Then again, this category has a problem. Even if Dunst goes Lead, Dowd is still fraud at least from what I understand people have been saying about Mass. When you have frauded lead roles in this category, it sucks for the actual supporting roles which every film obviously has far far far far more of lol.

FYC:
    Women Talking
    Joyland
    RRR
    Aftersun

BestDirectorDennisDugan
    Topics:

Can Lost Daughter be added? It’s not available to predict in a single category. Dakota Johnson and Jessie Buckley should be here

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.