Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 3 is now open.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kirsten to her competition.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst
    Ruth Negga
    Toni Collette
    Ariana DeBose
    Sally Hawkins

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Sally supporting another iconic lead performance? Welcome back!

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Something about TPOTD first and then Spencer getting raves (Spencer’s are reactions, not reviews but you all know), is pairing Dunst & Stewart both winning + some dumb Spiderman meme of Dunst that has apparently gone viral? + Dunst stan pundits is REALLY building the narrative now. It’s not the Stewart level stuff but it is a lot and I kinda wanna say it’s bigger than the Cumberbatch buzz……

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Something about TPOTD first and then Spencer getting raves (Spencer’s are reactions, not reviews but you all know), is pairing Dunst & Stewart both winning + some dumb Spiderman meme of Dunst that has apparently gone viral? + Dunst stan pundits is REALLY building the narrative now. It’s not the Stewart level stuff but it is a lot and I kinda wanna say it’s bigger than the Cumberbatch buzz……

Yep. Stewart definitely has the undeniable buzz that Cumberbatch does not. haven’t followed Dunst reviews that closely.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Yep. Stewart definitely has the undeniable buzz that Cumberbatch does not. haven’t followed Dunst reviews that closely.

Not missing much lol, it’s mostly a Spider-Man meme and thingS like “SHE COMING” and people saying she’s gonna be asked about the next Spider Man multiverse movie in interviews 🙄

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Not missing much lol, it’s mostly a Spider-Man meme and thingS like “SHE COMING” and people saying she’s gonna be asked about the next Spider Man multiverse movie in interviews 🙄

LOL as if she’s gonna confirm she’s in No Way Home even though she is. Marvel treats it as (admitably badly kept) secret so she’ll play along.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst is finally getting her due, loves.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Re: this, esp as a past nominee, he doesn’t need THAT kind of buzz, and I think people all underestimated how much of an ensemble this is (esp Kodi). So it hitting as a big BP film is probably enough for now. The wins won’t become clear for some time anyway.

Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I see you guys are completely floored with Venice/Telluride excitement now and are forgetting there’s a film called MASS and Ann Dowd owns it.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I see you guys are completely floored with Venice/Telluride excitement now and are forgetting there’s a film called MASS and Ann Dowd owns it.

Technically, we’re forgetting EVERY movie not playing the fall fests lol. Don’t worryyy, Dowd is clearly gonna come back, but you can see the IMMENSE edge-of-your-seat effect festivals has.

Also, correlating with the general sentiment (I spoke to a few critics after the embargo went down and they echoed this fairly strongly while…..a Dunst Spider-Man meme has seemingly gone viral with stans? lolol) that Dunst would probably be a bigger passion pick for them even though many of them also think it’s Cumberbatch at his best. I dunno, relativity lol. I think Dunst’s narrative is kicking in. That’s…happening.

Anyway, the article on who is up and down from the fall fests:

PICTURE, DIRECTOR, ACTOR, ACTRESS: The Power of the Dog — First-round critic reviews are the first benchmark for a film’s potential on the Oscar circuit. And, as expected, Jane Campion’s first film in 12 years was universally lauded for the filmmaker’s direction and Benedict Cumberbatch’s lead performance. It’s Kirsten Dunst’s turn, however, that hit even bigger at the film’s Venice premiere, laying the groundwork on the road to her first-ever Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I can still grab the odds on Buckley but as of now I’m predicting Johnson who’s gotten REALLY GOOD reviews. Obviously it’s the Colman show, and Johnson is no lock but the reviews are…….sooooo goooooood!!!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.