Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I see you guys are completely floored with Venice/Telluride excitement now and are forgetting there’s a film called MASS and Ann Dowd owns it.

I haven’t forgotten. I saw it in January. I just don’t have any faith that Bleecker is gonna do a good job campaigning her

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I see you guys are completely floored with Venice/Telluride excitement now and are forgetting there’s a film called MASS and Ann Dowd owns it.

We’re not forgetting her. She’s being massively overhyped by pundits. She’s literally at #1 in the odds. But her movie is small, not going to any festivals (outside of Sundance in January), Bleeker is atrocious, Martha Plimpton got equally acclaimed (if not more) and she’s competing in supporting as well. I’m predicting her atm but I don’t see the confidence the majority has.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Belfast and King Richard getting notices for their Supporting Actresses suggests Dowd will be likely to be forgotten by the time voting season comes.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Belfast and King Richard getting notices for their Supporting Actresses suggests Dowd will be likely to be forgotten by the time voting season comes.

Do you mean Dench or Balfe? Because I’m pretty sure they’ll push Balfe Lead to make way for Dench (who is much less likely)

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Do you mean Dench or Balfe? Because I’m pretty sure they’ll push Balfe Lead to make way for Dench (who is much less likely)

I got the impression Balfe was supporting and Jude Hill is the only lead. In any case, Judi Dench is just as likely to make it in given her sentimental sympathetic grandma role this category had just experienced this year.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I think Focus will campaign everyone in Supporting.

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Buckley or Johnson for supporting?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Both got very good reviews but, from what I saw, Johnson was the most singled out of the two.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Johnson for now. Buckley’s getting great notices too but as expected, Johnson has far more screen time and thus a lot more attention. Some reviews didn’t even mention Buckley, weirdly.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Focus has 3 supporting actress (Taylor Joy, Balfe and Dench). Whoever is the strongest will be Focus main push (Although I can see Focus push two Supporting for two different movies, so its Taylor Joy and either of Balfe or Dench).

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Reminder George Miller decided to cast Anya Taylor-Joy in Mad Max: Furiosa after being impressed over her performance in an early cut of Last Night in Soho. Even if Anya doesn’t get nominated, she’s going to serve an amazing performance. I feel like her past horror performances from Split and The VVitch has accumulated into this one masterful performance in Soho. The Last Night in Soho premiers tonight at Venice. 

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I think Balfe might be more likely than Taylor-Joy and McKenzie, if they all go Supporting.

FYC -
    • The Power of the Dog - All categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Jane Campion), Best Supporting Actress (Kirsten Dunst), Best Supporting Actor (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Best Cinematography (Ari Wegner)
    • Passing - Best Actress (Tessa Thompson), Best Supporting Actress (Ruth Negga)
    • The Lost Daughter in all categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Maggie Gyllenhaal), Best Actress (Olivia Colman), and Best Supporting Actress (Jessie Buckley)

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Balfe has the friendlier movie so its not that surprising. But given this is Focus Features, the Searchlight of Universal, I can see them getting more than one player in to a category (for Different movie obviously) and Taylor Joy seems to have showy performance (Potentially Villainous, Singing and Dancing as well)

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Dunst

2. Johnson

3. Balfe

4. Ellis

5. Streep

Profile picture
    I saw you, Erica!
    Topics:

Collette
    Dowd
    Dunst
    Hawkins
    Plimpton

Bubbles: Johnson, Ellis, Balfe, Mara, Matlin, de Palma

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Denis Villeneuve, Dune
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Toni Collette
    Best Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.