Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 502 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

We must have seen two different films. Her performance is indeed a winning performance . She has multiple scenes where is straight killing it with little dialogue and her expressions alone are selling it. As an audience she did what was needed to make people believe her character. And come on THE scene between her and Peter (I Can’t go into details, but think really hard on this one) is PURE Oscar bait, she’s doing so much in it and not missing a beat. However, I won’t call it just yet when we have Collette, Blanchett (possibly) McDormand (possibly) Meryl Streep, Aunjanue Ellis, etc. etc. Like I said before, far from over but honestly Dunst would be a worthy winner.

And also the 🎹😢 scene!

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Can I DM you? Because there is 2 scenes in mind with the piano..svg” class=”emoji”

Yes

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Isn’t she lead? If she’s supporting it’s possible (she also seems to be the best place for Belfast to be awarded, which it will be if it wins at TIFF).

I’ve talked to some people that have seen it and they said it wouldn’t make sense to send her to lead and putting her in supporting isn’t fraud.

I’ve also seen several pundits on Twitter tagging Focus in tweets about putting her in supporting so I think that’s what they’ll end up doing.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Balfe is 100% supporting there is no way around that. The only true lead of the film is Jude Hill and even then this film is mainly an ensemble piece. I just see no path for her to successfuly get nominated in lead. Supporting is where she truly belongs and will be nominated if put there.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Calling Jayne Houdyshell a newcomer has me howling haha.

I obviously meant newcomer to FILM. I know quite well how respected she is in the theater world, but many many many stage stars aren’t known to people following the film world. Just a month ago, I mentioned Audra McDonald and somebody was like “who the fuck is that” lol. I mean… if people don’t know about Audra McDonald…damn.

But I love Houdyshell. I lived in Chicago until very recently & I feel so honored to be one of the first few people to ever watch The Pain and the Itch. Also, I can’t believe I’ve never managed to see A Doll’s House Pt. 2! I mean………the fact that it even exists…….

FYI—I didn’t really question Carrie Coon being labeled a newcomer when she burst onto the scene with The Leftovers, despite the fact that I’d seen her on stage a LOT. Bit adversarial no?

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Bleecker Street kicks off FYC season with its page for Mass, confirming the supporting-category campaign for all four main performers.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I obviously meant newcomer to FILM. I know quite well how respected she is in the theater world, but many many many stage stars aren’t known to people following the film world. Just a month ago, I mentioned Audra McDonald and somebody was like “who the fuck is that” lol. I mean… if people don’t know about Audra McDonald…damn.

But I love Houdyshell. I lived in Chicago until very recently & I feel so honored to be one of the first few people to ever watch The Pain and the Itch. Also, I can’t believe I’ve never managed to see A Doll’s House Pt. 2! I mean………the fact that it even exists…….

FYI—I didn’t really question Carrie Coon being labeled a newcomer when she burst onto the scene with The Leftovers, despite the fact that I’d seen her on stage a LOT. Bit adversarial no?

Haha no I know what you meant, I just thought it was funny. I do imagine this will be the first time many people are introduced to Houdyshell.

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Toni Collette will 100% be in the mixed for the supporting role Oscar. She looked fantastic in the teaser trailer and her performances have been fantastic in the past!
    Blanchett is definitely lead and Mara has slightly less lines than Colette from what I’ve heard.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

I’m kinda hoping Blanchett gets frauded into lead so Collette and/or Mara have a chance to get nominated here. But if she isn’t I feel like she might actually have a good shot of winning if the movie gets a lot of nominations.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Toni Collette will 100% be in the mixed for the supporting role Oscar. She looked fantastic in the teaser trailer and her performances have been fantastic in the past!
    Blanchett is definitely lead and Mara has slightly less lines than Colette from what I’ve heard.

That would be…odd. She’s probably going to have the most screentime of the 3 but I can see that. She’s much more meek and naive and more or less an audience surrogate. Tbh I stan Collette hard & am actually not that big of a fan of Mara, but Mara’s the one person who really stood out to me. I’m intrigued by her. But eh, it’s just a teaser what do I know

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Ok, new here guys!

I have been reading you for a lot and you guys make a pretty interesting if we don’t count the stan fights.

I absolutely adore Kirsten Duns and I’m dying to watch the Power of the Dog, and so so sorry if this makes me look bad but I really want that link that supposedly allows you to watch it streaming.

Apologies in advance!

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

if they didn’t give Toni Collette a nomination for Hereditary, they’re not giving her one for Nightmare Alley. She’s the female version of Jake G. They hate her unfortunately.

Hereditary was a divisive horror film that was hard to watch, Nightmare Alley psychological thriller written and directed by Oscar-winner director-producer Guillermo del Toro – you get the picture.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Colette and Dafoe are only at the beginning of the story, unless Del Toro changed it

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.