Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 544 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Mmmh… both you and Kaziz don’t have Ann Dowd anymore. Why is that?

I never had Dowd in. I always felt like Bleecker Street and internal competition with Plimpton holds her back significantly. Why wasn’t Mass present at TIFF? Would have given the film a great boost in visibility?

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu21
    Topics:

1. Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    2. Caitriona Balfe – Belfast
    3. Aunjanue Ellis – King Richard
    4. Ruth Negga – Passing
    5. Toni Collette – Nightmare Alley

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

I never had Dowd in. I always felt like Bleecker Street and internal competition with Plimpton holds her back significantly. Why wasn’t Mass present at TIFF? Would have given the film a great boost in visibility?

Indeed – Mass skips out on the chance for a “booster shot” engagement either at TIFF (where another Sundance standout, Jockey, got a renewed look) or NYFF (where yet another Sundance star, Passing, is getting its own booster). Inexplicable. Credit to Sony Pictures Classics and Netflix for their awards-season strategic smarts. As for Bleecker Street… ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Is Balfe going supporting? I thought they would fraud put her in lead because otherwise she would block Dench.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Is Balfe going supporting? I thought they would fraud put her in lead because otherwise she would block Dench.

Catriona Balfe is still in lead in the predictions center. Jude Hill has been added to Best Actor; Jamie Dornan is also in the Lead Actor category there as well.

Last year the academy nominated LaKeith Stanfield in supporting even though he was campaigned in lead (which is where he and Daniel Kaluuya both belonged imo). So the academy may not do what the studios want, we will have to wait and see…

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

Apple is giving Swan Song starring Glenn Close and Mahershala Ali a cute AFI Fest premiere, I think Glenn Close is winning.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Yes let’s endure another season of Glenn Close is the automatic frontrunner and shes loses again. Swan Song won’t be her vehicle. Sunset Bouelvard is.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Love seeing Glenn in conversation

Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

Why is Anya Taylor-Joy still in the predictions center for Parallel Mothers, a film she’s not in? It’s been there for so long, kinda embarrassing IMO.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I just finished reading Nella Larsen’s Passing. The novel is narrated by Irene but it is actually about Clare. It’s in the form of an interior monologue where Irene is curious about Clare and about her ability to pass. So they really are co-leads over the 140 pages (it’s a short novel). How that will translate in the movie version is something I am quite curious about! I am super excited by Passing! Looks like Ruth Negga will stay in the supporting category and I have a strong feeling she will be nominated. From everything I have heard the adaptation stays very faithful to the novel and that being so the character of Clare is fascinating and Ruth Negga will surely deliver a powerful performance!

I have Ruth Negga for Passing in my predictions for Best Supporting Actress.

Profile picture
    I saw you, Erica!
    Topics:

Late September predix:

Top 5
    Kirsten Dunst
    Ann Dowd
    Aunjanue Ellis
    Kathryn Hunter
    Marlee Matlin

Bubbles
    Sally Hawkins
    Martha Plimpton
    Toni Collette
    Judi Dench
    Rooney Mara
    Ruth Negga

May surprise
    Glenn Close
    Rebecca Ferguson

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Denis Villeneuve, Dune
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Toni Collette
    Best Supporting Actor: Jason Isaacs
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Why is Anya Taylor-Joy still in the predictions center for Parallel Mothers, a film she’s not in? It’s been there for so long, kinda embarrassing IMO.

Really bizarre – repeated request, GD, swap in Milena Smit, who actually is a supporting actress in Parallel Mothers and has been singled out for her strong work. (Also, would love to see another add for that category in the GD predictions center: Molly Parker in Jockey. Just a humble request.)

Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

I just noticed that the prediction center incorrectly lists Anya Taylor-Joy as being a potential Supporting contender for Parallel Mothers. Anya is not in Parallel Mothers, her only film this year is Last Night in SoHo. Perhaps she’s a potential Supporting contender for that film?

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Yes let’s endure another season of Glenn Close is the automatic frontrunner and shes loses again. Swan Song won’t be her vehicle. Sunset Bouelvard is.

Atp I’d be surprised if she’d get an actual win other than the Honorary Oscar. And maybe that’s for the best. The Wife would have been a respectable win ala Moore in Still Alice, but two of her recent nominations (Albert Nobbs, Hillbilly Elegy) were just hopeless and pointless rounds, and I just felt bad for Glenn. Directors should really give her a chance in a better project.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Atp I’d be surprised if she’d get an actual win other than the Honorary Oscar. And maybe that’s for the best. The Wife would have been a respectable win ala Moore in Still Alice, but two of her recent nominations (Albert Nobbs, Hillbilly Elegy) were just hopeless and pointless rounds, and I just felt bad for Glenn. Directors should really give her a chance in a better project.

If she doesn’t win for Sunset Boulevard, she has to get an honorary Oscar at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 544 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.