Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 544 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Sunset Boulevard

The director choice of that film is pretty shaky.  It’ll be mostly on Glenn Close again, which is not necessarily a good thing. She could give it all and have her film collapsing around her as it happened before. That’s not win worthy. She needs an all-around pitch perfect film and actual passion to finally happen.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The director choice of that film is pretty shaky. It’ll be mostly on Glenn Close again, which is not necessarily a good thing. She could give it all and have her film collapsing around her as it happened before. That’s not win worthy. She needs an all-around pitch perfect film and actual passion to finally happen.

Since when does a movie need to be pitch perfect for the lead performance to be win worthy?

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Since when does a movie need to be pitch perfect for the lead performance to be win worthy?

Since even with decades in the industry and an obvious overdue narrative, Glenn Close wasn’t able to win. If you think she’s going to start sweeping with a Hillbilly Elegy type of film or even with another The Wife, you are naive. She needs a knockout.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I fear that when close wins its going to rob another deserving candidate so hard. But I def see her eventually getting one

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

We are moving Anya Taylor-Joy into supporting for Last Night in Soho.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I have to laugh at the Kathryn Hunter. You hear her voice more than see her face in movie. Her longest scene is at beginning. Yes, she was excellent in her few minutes.. I can’t wait till someone times her performance. Bc I’m curious on how long it actually was.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Mmmh… both you and Kaziz don’t have Ann Dowd anymore. Why is that?

Honestly? I would put her back in a second the minute she wins a critics group award. I just have such difficulty figuring out why Dowd and not Plimpton, and BOTH…unlikely. For me it’s not really Bleecker St that’s the problem, it’s the internal competition. Stans don’t make up critics groups, how and who would they pick one when both got basically equal raves :/

I don’t wanna underestimate her at all, so literally — first sign I get, I’m putting her back in.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Donda
    Topics:

TellEm

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Honestly? I would put her back in a second the minute she wins a critics group award. I just have such difficulty figuring out why Dowd and not Plimpton, and BOTH…unlikely.

But you are currently listing BOTH Buckley AND Johnson from The Lost Daughter in your top five. You don’t think both of them getting in are equally unlikely?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

But you are currently listing BOTH Buckley AND Johnson from The Lost Daughter in your top five. You don’t think both of them getting in are equally unlikely?

Eh, my predix in the prediction center aren’t my ACTUAL predix lol. With at least one or two slots I just grab the odds for 100/1 things I think mightttttt just happen & wait for some of the higher ones to come down before I slot them in. I have like 5 Netflix films in BP lol and a couple of foreign films, which I know is never happening but because I’m waiting to see which gain steam, I slot em in. Lol it’s just a sneaky strategy to try & get more points. I do not think Buckley & Johnson are both getting in — but I’m waiting to see what critics groups will do.

I had Plimpton in but not Dowd for the longest time for the same reason & only recently swapped her out for Johnson. I listed what I am really predicting as of now above^^.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I have to laugh at the Kathryn Hunter. You hear her voice more than see her face in movie. Her longest scene is at beginning. Yes, she was excellent in her few minutes.. I can’t wait till someone times her performance. Bc I’m curious on how long it actually was.

Yeah it was….small! It’s basically a glorified cameo which is exactly what the witches in the play are lol. That’s not a secret. I kinda wish it would happen because she’s so good but it feels hiiiiighly unlikely to me.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

Eh, my predix in the prediction center aren’t my ACTUAL predix lol. With at least one or two slots I just grab the odds for 100/1 things I think mightttttt just happen & wait for some of the higher ones to come down before I slot them in. 

I use the same strategy. It’s part of the reason why people should never take anyone’s logged predictions at this stage as truly indicative of their thoughts, including experts.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst (“The Power of the Dog”)
    Ann Dowd (“Mass”)
    Ruth Negga (“Passing”)
    Aunjanue Ellis (“King Richard”)
    Rooney Mara (“Nightmare Alley”)

Jessie Buckley (“The Lost Daughter”)
    Jodie Comer (“The Last Duel”) *
    Judi Dench (“Belfast”)
    Toni Collette (“Nightmare Alley”)
    Kathryn Hunter (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”)

Thoughts: After seeing the trailer for <i>Nightmare Alley</i>, somehow I have the impression that it won’t be an acting showcase, but I’m keeping Rooney Mara in for the moment. If the prediction center had Caitriona Balfe in supporting I’d slot her in. I’m convinced they’ll put her there in the end, because she has a better chance of winning. “Mass” is out in a week I believe and we’ll know more about Ann Dowd’s chances.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I have been trying to decide if Catriona Balfe is nominated in Supporting Actress who will get left out? The problem is I feel most certain about my five predictions in this category than in any of the other acting categories. Judi Dench, Ann Dowd, Kirsten Dunst, Marlee Matlin and Ruth Negga.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I have been trying to decide if Catriona Balfe is nominated in Supporting Actress who will get left out? The problem is I feel most certain about my five predictions in this category than in any of the other acting categories. Judi Dench, Ann Dowd, Kirsten Dunst, Marlee Matlin and Ruth Negga.

I would leave out Matlin. That movie has come and gone too soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 544 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.