Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Caitríona Balfe – Oscar, SAG, CC, GG Kirsten Dunst – Oscar, SAG, CC, GG Aunjanue Ellis – Oscar, SAG, CC Frances McDormand – Oscar, SAG, CC, GG Ruth Negga – Oscar, CC 
Rebecca Ferguson – SAG Ann Dowd – CC Ariana DeBose – GG Meryl Streep – GG

This gif just reminds me of how robbed she was for Fargo!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Caitríona Balfe – Oscar, SAG, CC, GG Kirsten Dunst – Oscar, SAG, CC, GG Aunjanue Ellis – Oscar, SAG, CC Frances McDormand – Oscar, SAG, CC, GG Ruth Negga – Oscar, CC 
Rebecca Ferguson – SAG Ann Dowd – CC Ariana DeBose – GG Meryl Streep – GG

This gif just reminds me of how robbed she was for Fargo!

She’s been robbed so many times! Fargo, Chernobyl, Wild Rose… I really hope she gets in for The Lost Daughter this year. She’s an excellent and exciting talent and she’s actually really good in the film. She manages to play the younger version of the protagonist without there being much disconnect between the depictions and without sounding like a caricature.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I mean… given how much I love Aunjanue Ellis I kinda WISH Will Smith wasn’t the presumptive winner, but he’s out ahead precisely because every time King Richard screens, HE gets raves (and it hasn’t screened much: Telluride and then London and Film Fest 919?)

Not to mention, if the review is GLOWING, then it’s not just her it’s also Saniyya Sidney & Jon Bernthal. So I dunno… I’d genuinely love justice for such an underrated star, but it’s pretty unlikely given that A, King Richard isn’t exactly critically acclaimed, and B, the heavy emphasis is on Smith.

But…..maybe critics go for her? It could happen! I don’t expect the film to get critics groups, but they went for Davis and only a few went for Denzel and they never went for Fences as a film so…it’s possible! I guess it’s not totally unprecedented, but Smith would need to take a tumble.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

P.S.: I have no trouble believing Aunjanue Ellis is…probably the best in the film? I’m not a huge Will Smith fan imo, so I feel like…..yeah I might feel like she’s the MVP lol

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

If Will Smith wins the best actor Oscar, he will be an insufferable peace of ……….”Look how TALENTED I am!”

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

Back to the supporting actress.

I believe that Dune is going to have such a momentum that will pay way for a nomination for Rebecca Ferguson.

Kirsten Dunst (Best Picture nom)
    Ann Dowd
    Rebecca Ferguson (Best Picture nom)
    Aunjanue Ellis (Best Picture nom)
    Caitriona Balfe (Best Picture nom)

Toni Collette (Best Picture nom?)
    Kathryn Hunter
    Ruth Negga (Best Picture nom?)
    Marlee Matlin
    Sally Hawkins (Best Picture nom?)
    Glenn Close

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

If Charlize Theron didn’t get nominated for Fury Road, Ferguson isn’t getting nominated for Dune.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

If Charlize Theron didn’t get nominated for Fury Road, Ferguson isn’t getting nominated for Dune.

I’m not saying Ferguson will get nominated but this simply doesn’t add up to me. Two completely separate films, two completely separate years, and two completely separate categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m not saying Ferguson will get nominated but this simply doesn’t add up to me. Two completely separate films, two completely separate years, and two completely separate categories.

Genre bias.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

I saw “King Richard” last night and Ellis absolutely can win. She is truly wonderful in the role, and in my opinion, outshines a fantastic Will Smith…. Also, the film is a lock for noms for Picture, Screenplay, Actor, Sup Actress, Song and Editing if you ask me. I think it will be a big player which could translate into noms for Director and Sup Actor for Bernthal as well…

As for the rest of this category, we still have a lot of good unseen contenders like Streep and DeBose. I’m excited to see what happens, but I have a feeling may just take it in the long run.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Ferguson will be a surprise nominee at SAG but miss everywhere else.

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

I saw “King Richard” last night and Ellis absolutely can win. She is truly wonderful in the role, and in my opinion, outshines a fantastic Will Smith…. Also, the film is a lock for noms for Picture, Screenplay, Actor, Sup Actress, Song and Editing if you ask me. I think it will be a big player which could translate into noms for Director and Sup Actor for Bernthal as well…

As for the rest of this category, we still have a lot of good unseen contenders like Streep and DeBose. I’m excited to see what happens, but I have a feeling may just take it in the long run.

It’s not the first time I’m hearing she outshines Smith. I would prefer her winning if that’s the case.

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

But why not? Ferguson was incredible AND she’s a supporting actress, Charlize Theron was competing in lead actress…

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

But why not? Ferguson was incredible AND she’s a supporting actress, Charlize Theron was competing in lead actress…

Lol, this. And the supporting actress category this year is wide open. Honestly, it can happen. Will it happen? Probably not, but can it? Absolutely.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Ferguson has the caliber of performance and material to be nomination worthy, it’s just a question of if she can overcome the genre bias and the crowded field.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.