Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I don’t get the strange thing with the reviews of Belfast. They are so polarizing (describing performances). Some are saying Balfe and Dornan are the main drivers of the vehicle, some say Dench and Hinds steal the show. The case was easier with TPOTD as they mostly highlighted Smith-McPhee (they did say about Plemmons but everyone knows who got the lion share). I don’t know how these four can be sorted out.

I think it’s pretty clear that all reviews of TPOTD think they’re all awesome. They may talk about two more than the others but it’s pretty consistently equal, at leaat for Cumberbatch, Dunst & Smit-McPhee. Pretty hard to argue Dunst doesn’t get singled out as much lol, she gets singled out more if anything. Again though, it hardly matters because…. they’re all fab

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

GD made it very clear that Viola and Sandra arent in the conversation but the six second clip ” you are not a victim ” has alreadt gone viral, This movie already looks like its going to be a commercial success

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/dont-look-up-meryl-streep-president-adam-mckay-satire-exclusive/

Can never count her out…

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Dunst

Balfe

Ellis

Negga

Mara/Collette

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Everyone said last season how it felt long and endless. At least we all knew half of the nominees by this date.

I have no idea who the hell the top 5 are going to be. When you have the two-frontrunners potentially getting snubbed (Dunst and Dowd) it shows how bizzare this race is.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

GD made it very clear that Viola and Sandra arent in the conversation but the six second clip ” you are not a victim ” has alreadt gone viral, This movie already looks like its going to be a commercial success

And we love to see it.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

d

Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

Meh I was really rooting for Ruth to take this but most of the reactions I’ve been seeing are calling Thompson the highlight. They seem rather cold towards Ruth’s performance. Now I’m worried she won’t even get a nom. Sure, I’m waiting to see the movie myself but I’m feeling deflated lol. Hope Kiki takes it then.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/dont-look-up-meryl-streep-president-adam-mckay-satire-exclusive/ Can never count her out…

Nah, this looks like something that’s 2 years too late. Would have been a slamdunk between 2017-2019 to stick it to Trump but now that rallying point evaporated.

Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

Nah, this looks like something that’s 2 years too late. Would have been a slamdunk between 2017-2019 to stick it to Trump but now that rallying point evaporated.

I don’t think it’s late at all. And everyone who watched the movie highlighted her…I’m not putting her in my predictions, but I’m not counting her out for now (especially if Netflix decides to campaign for her)

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

No offense but caricatures that are obviously meant to spoof known people (McInane or whatever that chick’s name was) are always highlighted by test audience. That doesn’t mean they are actually good to go. But it’s Streep so default nom is more likely than not.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Streep looks far too caricature to get nominated. Sure don’t underestimate the Streep, but she’s missed since 2018. If AMPAS wants their legendary veteran to get in they could just opt for Dench if they really like Belfast.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Meh I was really rooting for Ruth to take this but most of the reactions I’ve been seeing are calling Thompson the highlight. They seem rather cold towards Ruth’s performance. Now I’m worried she won’t even get a nom. Sure, I’m waiting to see the movie myself but I’m feeling deflated lol. Hope Kiki takes it then.

She’ll get in, honestly it’s just a reflection of just HOW GOOD Tessa is. Ruth is awesome too, she’s just not…. the point

FYC:
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I think McKay’s trying to make some sort of point in fusing Trump iconography with a female president (played by a prominent Hillary supporter at that.)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Streep looks far too caricature to get nominated. Sure don’t underestimate the Streep, but she’s missed since 2018. If AMPAS wants their legendary veteran to get in they could just opt for Dench if they really like Belfast.

So the thing is……. i don’t think she’s playing a caricature of Trump. The line about her being an amalgamation of many presidents, that’s the sense I got from the trailer too. She looks cheeky and opportunistic and not just… whatever people think Trump is but something more general than that.

In other words, I think this film will bash Dems too tbh.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.