Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Feels unbelievable that Dowd was/is considered the winner when we’re about to head into a period where 3 or 4 people are about to cycle through leading the odds on here lol.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Why do I get the feeling this was done last minute💀. I mean the poster of the film is literally just Bradley Cooper’s face. It’s difficult to expect there are two unequivocal co-leads of the film with that kind of presentation. Also about the poster, Cooper is billed first since is he lead. Then everyone else is billed alphabetical, but why is Mara not below Cooper since they are BOTH co-leads lmao. Only Cooper gets special lead actor treatment?

The struggle is real for Searchlight – at one time this was supposed to be a festival film (?!) and now it’ll be the last to be put before tastemakers, industryites, the “punditry” et al. Yes, Searchlight was pressed to get something, anything, out there from a significantly unfinished film to plant the flag, and the poster and teaser reflect that (I presume the de rigueur raft of character posters will be part of the next promo wave.) In the interim, Nightmare Alley’s absence at events like Contenders will be felt.

NB: It’s probably not happening but a NA poster for Clifton Collins Jr.’s character would make my season. Shame that contractually he’s not a FYC candidate (his credit isn’t eligible for SAG ensemble) Ron Perlman is the sole performer without an Oscar nom among the FYC cast.

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A CAST IN A MOTION PICTURE
    Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett, Toni Collette, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins, Rooney Mara, Ron Perlman, Mary Steenburgen, David Strathairn

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Profile picture
    TrumpBiden
    Topics:

Oh, for Christ’s sake. Cate Blanchett has officially been thrown into supporting. This race could be shooked.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

This has to be the most interesting fight in Supporting I’ve seen in years.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

My current predictions (in alphabetical order):

1. Caitriona Balfe

2. Cate Blanchett

3. Kirsten Dunst

4. Aunjanue Ellis

5. Ruth Negga

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

I finally dropped Dowd and added Blanchett, so like everyone else now I have Balfe, Blanchett, Dunst, Ellis, Negga. I consider Dunst a soft frontrunner to be honest. She has both narrative and performance, plus she is one of top 2 movies of the year.

By the way, some pundits (Clayton Davis cough cough cough) is trying to push “Belfast” as THE SOLE frontrunner to win BP, but honestly TPOTD and “Belfast” are in the same position right now in my opinion.

“Nightmare Alley” is a huge question mark at this point. I love neo-noirs but their tropes get tired easily. I hope it’s good!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.