Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Does anyone think that Rebecca Ferguson may have actual chances to get in for Dune??

She’s definitely out there campaigning and she’s been singled out as the best and only awardsworthy performance in that ensemble.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Does anyone think that Rebecca Ferguson may have actual chances to get in for Dune?? She’s definitely out there campaigning and she’s been singled out as the best and only awardsworthy performance in that ensemble.

She’s freaking great in the movie (and Chalamet as well to be honest). It’s sad that because of its genre people don’t take the acting in consideration that much!

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I hope Comer stays lead. I’m sick of borderline performances automatically reverting to the supporting category and leaving no room for the truly supporting actors.

AMEN.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

She’s freaking great in the movie (and Chalamet as well to be honest). It’s sad that because of its genre people don’t take the acting in consideration that much!

It’s funny, Rebecca Ferguson is such a good actor who has low key been underserved and underrated because she’s been in lots of action/genre films. She still gets huge film parts (I assume lots of $) but she’s an excellent actor, she deserves more respect.

It’s also an incredible part (imo the BEST character in the story, and the best vehicle for its themes). If Villeneuve gets to make Part 2, she’ll have even better material there!

FYC:
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

(By likeliness of nomination, not win)

1. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    2. Caitríona Balfe, Belfast
    3. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    4. Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard
    5. Ruth Negga, Passing

6. Meryl Streep, Don’t Look Up
    7. Ann Dowd, Mass
    8. Judi Dench, Belfast
    9. Toni Collette, Nightmare Alley
    10. Jayne Houdyshell, The Humans
    11. Rooney Mara, Nightmare Alley
    12. Ariana DeBose, West Side Story
    13. Marlee Matlin, CODA

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

(By likeliness of nomination, not win) 1. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth 2. Caitríona Balfe, Belfast 3. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog 4. Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard 5. Ruth Negga, Passing 6. Meryl Streep, Don’t Look Up 7. Ann Dowd, Mass 8. Judi Dench, Belfast 9. Toni Collette, Nightmare Alley 10. Jayne Houdyshell, The Humans 11. Rooney Mara, Nightmare Alley 12. Ariana DeBose, West Side Story 13. Marlee Matlin, CODA

The way I initially thought this was a best actress lineup because McDormand and Balfe were the first two names haha

Oscars FYC:

Dune in Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, Score, Sound, Production Design, Cinematography, Makeup and Hairstyling, Costume Design, Film Editing, and Visual Effects

Free Guy in Visual Effects

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

They need to perform penance by nominating Emily Blunt…she was robbed of a nomination for the first movie, was better than most of that lineup, and I’m convinced the same case will be this year…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

They need to perform penance by nominating Emily Blunt…she was robbed of a nomination for the first movie, was better than most of that lineup, and I’m convinced the same case will be this year…

It took me quite some time to figure out you meant A Quiet Place Part 2. She’s not really supporting in it though (not that she was the first time either but still). As penance, absolutely, because she’s been deserving wayyyy too many times, but for this particular film, if by some miracle somebody happens I’d rather it be Cillian Murphy

FYC:

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

It took me quite some time to figure out you meant A Quiet Place Part 2. She’s not really supporting in it though (not that she was the first time either but still). As penance, absolutely, because she’s been deserving wayyyy too many times, but for this particular film, if by some miracle somebody happens I’d rather it be Cillian Murphy

I guess the placement is subjective, but I personally found the sequel even more of an ensemble piece than the first? Therefore I’d happily see her placed in supporting, especially as she has no chance in lead. Agreed with Murphy, like Blunt he’s long overdue some industry recognition.

I guess I’m so fatigued by how predictable the Oscars are in general, nominating the same bait year in year out; biopics, serious dramas. Although Bakalova’s nomination last year was refreshing I’m yet to see a significant embrace of genre. They need to get with the times and embrace more genre performances, especially those that have proven popular at box office/with audiences. They complain about ratings dropping then why don’t they embrace genres which are actually more popular at the box office in general (pandemic aside)? Nominations from horror/sci-fi movies like Blunt/Murphy/Ferguson this year would be a refreshing and perhaps essential change to the status quo. I know Kaluuya was first nominated for a sort of horror movie but what did he win for? Predictable…dull…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

If SoHo had a better script and a better ending, Anya Taylor-Joy could have made the lineup in supporting. She’s the one thing I keep thinking about the next day, it really is a movie star in the making performance. She did so much with what she was given. When a supporting performance steals the entire film and you can’t stop talking about it and raving about it, that’s nomination worthy.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If SoHo had a better script and a better ending, Anya Taylor-Joy could have made the lineup in supporting. She’s the one thing I keep thinking about the next day, it really is a movie star in the making performance. She did so much with what she was given. When a supporting performance steals the entire film and you can’t stop talking about it and raving about it, that’s nomination worthy.

Anya Taylor-Joy is a superstar in the making. Her gradual career mobility from The VVitch to Queen’s Gambit is one of the most natural organic acting trajectories I have ever seen. You can’t help but to root for her.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Anya Taylor-Joy is a superstar in the making. Her gradual career mobility from The VVitch to Queen’s Gambit is one of the most natural organic acting trajectories I have ever seen. You can’t help but to root for her.

I can’t wait for you to see her in SoHo. She commands the screen. It’s an overrated saying, but she really does. Her charisma is off the charts here. It’s my  favorite supporting performance this year so far.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I can’t wait for you to see her in SoHo. She commands the screen. It’s an overrated saying, but she really does. Her charisma is off the charts here. It’s my favorite supporting performance this year so far.

Darling I heard she SERVED with her downtown rendition and her dancing is spellbinding. I’m prepared to get intoxicated by Anya’s charisma and stage presence.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

Darling I heard she SERVED with her downtown rendition and her dancing is spellbinding. I’m prepared to get intoxicated by Anya’s charisma and stage presence.

Yes honey Spellbinding is the perfect word to describe her performance and dancing skills. This role could have easily turned into another “hot girl damsel in distress” in the hands of another actress, but Anya overcomes this stereotype and makes you as an audience member revel in her presence.

Please DM after you see it!

Profile picture
    ShinySeaDiamond
    Topics:

I hope Comer stays lead. I’m sick of borderline performances automatically reverting to the supporting category and leaving no room for the truly supporting actors.

Besides, the optics of Comer being put in supporting when the plot concerns the violation of her character’s body and reputation will be problematic. When it comes to the movie’s themes, she has to be put in lead.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.