Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Janeth Sueros
    Topics:

everything can happen as gleen cose was nominated by hill bill elegy, it may be the option for anya

Profile picture
    Janeth Sueros
    Topics:

Anya is very beautiful, everything can happen as Gleen Close was nominated for an oscar for hill bill elegy and why not anya for last night soho

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Anya is very beautiful, everything can happen as Gleen Close was nominated for an oscar for hill bill elegy and why not anya for last night soho

Because Anya is not Glenn Close? Lol I love Anya but c’mon. Even her stans aren’t out banging the drums for this, it’s unlikely. Maybe if SoHo makes a huge bang when it comes out (it might!) we can discuss it but it feels very unlikely to me and that’s A-OK because both her and Thomasin McKenzie have VERY bright futures, even in the immediate. Anya is the STAR oozing with charisma and an obvious talent, the camera LOOOOOOOVES her and she’s already built up her range to be super impressive. McKenzie fits into almost any environment seamlessly, has an innate, quiet command over her talent, doesn’t chew scenery, and also has incredible range. Two very different actresses with a LOT of promise. They’ll be great 🙂

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter, Drive My Car
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Hidetoshi Nishijima
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley, Martha Plimpton
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

The Film Experience predicts…

1. Ann Dowd (cringe)

2. Negga

3. Balfe (isn’t she lead?)

4. Ellis

5. Collette

Dunst is at 6th and Dench is 7th.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Go back to your rathole!
    Topics:

Balfe is supporting. That is official

FYC
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett
    Best Supporting Actor: Jon Bernthal
    Bes Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in The World

Profile picture
    KB93
    Topics:

The Film Experience predicts… 1. Ann Dowd (cringe) 2. Negga 3. Balfe (isn’t she lead?) 4. Ellis 5. Collette Dunst is at 6th and Dench is 7th.

The Dunst snub can happen unfortunately. She deserves to be in.  If any of the girls from NA (maybe both) get in or either of the girls from Lost Daughter (maybe both) get in, I could see Dunst falling out of this.
    If Dune overperforms with award nominations, I could see Rebecca Ferguson getting a shock nomination as well. And you already know if DLU is a hit with critics and AMPAS, Blanchett or Streep could easily get in and push someone out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Film Experience predicts…

1. Ann Dowd (cringe)

2. Negga

3. Balfe (isn’t she lead?)

4. Ellis

5. Collette

Dunst is at 6th and Dench is 7th.

Pls I love Ann Dowd (and she’s excellent in Mass) but what justification is there for her being ahead of Dunst in a raved Netflix film that’s visiting every festival on the planet?

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up hasn’t come out yet though, right? It hasn’t been screened anywhere. Maybe I’m just in denial because I hate McKay movies.

At any rate, I think that Dowd’s grip on the race is weakening. At a certain point they’ll want to reward Dunst, whether it’s this year or some other time is unclear. I’m generally skeptical of the helium Belfast seems to have, but I could see Balfe getting a nom.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

I think Dunst will get more of a “welcome to the club” nomination vs a win, similar to Amanda Seyfried last year.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Oh shit I forgot, Dunst hasn’t been nominated before. TBH tho, I think she’s been around the block too many times for them to throw a good-going-sport nomination her way. No disrespect to Seyfried, but Dunst carries a bit more weight than that.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I was hoping that after watching Mass it would give me more clarity on the Plimpton/Dowd situatiton, but they both were just truly great and I don’t know if I could pick one over the other. It’s kind of irrelevant to talk about category placements as they’re both officially in supporting, but the movie kind of begins and ends with Plimpton’s character. I know Bleecker Street doesn’t have the best track record but I’d love for both of them to get attention for this.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I am hoping the international branches remember her Cannes Best Actress win from Melancholia and go all in for her for The Power of the Dog.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rebecca Ferguson
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Best Original Screenplay: Spencer
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Cinematography: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, Last Night in Soho

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

No way Kirsten Dunst misses. Her and Caitriona Balfe are the only sure things in this category as of now.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Having watched 

I was hoping that after watching Mass it would give me more clarity on the Plimpton/Dowd situatiton, but they both were just truly great and I don’t know if I could pick one over the other. It’s kind of irrelevant to talk about category placements as they’re both officially in supporting, but the movie kind of begins and ends with Plimpton’s character. I know Bleecker Street doesn’t have the best track record but I’d love for both of them to get attention for this.

If the campaign done right (or just the power of pure performances) Both Dowd and Plimpton in Mass could be nominated and continuing the double supporting players in one category trend for the fifth time in a row.

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

FYC:

This is still the facet of this season that most annoys. The overdone Dowd stanning largely sight unseen (plus GD’s bad guess on Mass’s category placement, and the involvement of Bleecker Street) has done Plimpton wrong. So much so that lazy pundits (redundant?) continue to omit Plimpton while saying Dowd has it in the bag! That’s the real fraud.

Plimpton has arguably given the strongest performance of anyone this year -right up there with Clifton Collins Jr. – and it wouldn’t surprise me if she continues to stand that tall after everything else this awards season is finally seen, no matter what Oscar-nomination morning brings.

[/rant]

FYC
    Best Picture: Jockey
    Director: Clint Bentley
    Actor: Clifton Collins Jr.
    Supporting Actress: Molly Parker
    Supporting Actor: Moises Arias
    Original Screenplay: Clint Bentley, Greg Kwedar
    Cinematography: Adolpho Veloso
    Film Editing: Parker Laramie
    Music Score: Aaron & Bryce Dessner

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.