Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 7)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
FilmRoyalty
  • Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

DECEMBER PREDICTIONS

1. Kirsten Dunst (The Power of the Dog)
    2. Aunjanue Ellis (King Richard)
    3. Caitriona Balfe (Belfast)
    4. Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)
    5. Ann Dowd (Mass)
    Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

DECEMBER PREDICTIONS:

Order of Win..

1. Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley

2. Kirsten Dunst – The Power of The Dog

3. Aunjanue Ellis – King Richard

4. Ann Dowd – Mass

5. Ruth Negga – Passing/Ariana DeBose – West Side Story

Emergency: Catriona Balfe – Belfast/ Judi Dench – Belfast

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Cate Blanchett is trending on Twitter!! Over 4000+ tweets of her so far!

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Im so sad for Ruth negga

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Why? I’m not Blanchett’s biggest fan, but big names like hers always make the race more interesting me think.

Not talking about anyone here, don’t worry. I’ve just noticed that her fans have a tendency to assume anything she does is going to go all the way, and that any pushback is met with indignant sputtering all don’t you know you’re talking about Cate Blanchett?!

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

The first reactions to Nightmare Alley seem pretty tepid, but Blanchett has been getting good notices. I think she’s still in the mix to be nominated, but I don’t think she’s a dark horse contender for the win anymore.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Early December Predictions:

1- Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog

2- Caitriona Balfe, Belfast

3- Aujaune Ellis, King Richard

4- Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

5- Ruth Negga, Passing

Alt: Ariana DeBose, Meryl Streep, Marlee Matlin, Judi Dench, Rita Moreno

Unless Ann Dowd starts popping up all over the critic’s circles, she’s not happening so y’all better brace yourselves for the worst.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

You’re preaching to the choir. We’ve known Dowd won’t happen this year for about a month.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I’m hoping that Ruth is safe. This category is so damn stacked.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

We don’t know if it’s really true but there is a rumor Kirsten Dunst won the NBR for Best Supporting Actress (their Wikipedia page was updated showing the result but it could just be someone trolling).

While last decade they only aligned with the eventual Oscar winner once they did predict Youn Yuh-jung correctly earlier this year.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Ariana DeBose or Rita Morena are getting nominated. My bet is Ariana DeBose.

I don’t know why people is still predicting Ruth Negga. I mean, when is this thing even going to release? There’s no antecipation. Seems like a forgotten movie outside this forum

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Ariana DeBose or Rita Morena are getting nominated. My bet is Ariana DeBose.

I don’t know why people is still predicting Ruth Negga. I mean, when is this thing even going to release? There’s no antecipation. Seems like a forgotten movie outside this forum

Well Passing was a Top ten hit on Netflix and was the topic of much social media conversation. Trending multiple times on Twitter.

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

Well Passing was a Top ten hit on Netflix and was the topic of much social media conversation. Trending multiple times on Twitter.

Hmn. It has released. Sure it was a hit.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

We don’t know if it’s really true but there is a rumor Kirsten Dunst won the NBR for Best Supporting Actress (their Wikipedia page was updated showing the result but it could just be someone trolling).

While last decade they only aligned with the eventual Oscar winner once they did predict Youn Yuh-jung correctly earlier this year.

Don’t go for it. Wikipedia can be altered by anyone even the fans.

RE: Blanchett.

Sorry for breaking the bubble, but did anyone check the reviews and reactions of the film? Even if Blanchett is the MVP, the film is currently mixed (Some people loved it but other not, and the people who doesn’t has been so adamant). Even in yellow territory on Metacritic. And considering even some of the pundits are calling the film “too boring”, “too bleak”, “too noir”, do you really want to commit the same delusional mistake as the Glenndistas last season?

Can she be nominated? Possible, but there’s no way she’s winning a third Oscar for being the sole main nominee of the film (Which is currently polarizing, in a genre the AMPAS doesn’t have a lot of affinity) when you have two current contenders (One of them playing a loving mom -quintaessential Oscar bait role in this category- in the Best Picture frontrunner) and two potential spoilers in a Spielberg crownpleaser (Remake being damned. Just look what happened with 2019’s Little Women and Florence Pugh).

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Don’t go for it. Wikipedia can be altered by anyone even the fans. RE: Blanchett. Sorry for breaking the bubble, but did anyone check the reviews and reactions of the film? Even if Blanchett is the MVP, the film is currently mixed (Some people loved it but other not, and the people who doesn’t has been so adamant). Even in yellow territory on Metacritic. And considering even some of the pundits are calling the film “too boring”, “too bleak”, “too noir”, do you really want to commit the same delusional mistake as the Glenndistas last season? Can she be nominated? Possible, but there’s no way she’s winning a third Oscar for being the sole main nominee of the film (Which is polarizing) when you have two current contenders (One of them playing a loving mom -quintaessential Oscar bait role in this category- in the Best Picture frontrunner) and two potential spoilers in a Spielberg crownpleaser (Remake being damned. Just look what happened with 2019’s Little Women and Florence Pugh).

What part of the “We don’t know if it’s really true” “there is a rumor” “it could just be someone trolling” did you miss? If it turns out to be true great we love to see Kirsten Dunst winning and if it is fake great too, it means very little to awards season either way.

– btw sorry for breaking your bubble but Blanchett could still easily get the nom based on her performance alone, it will be a big player for technical categories anyways and she has pulled a lead nomination for a movie with 34% on RT before, that says enough.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.