Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I’m sorry but no. I tend to give everyone a chance. I even have Kristen Stewart winning. But Amy Schumer is not coming anywhere near an Oscar. She’s nowhere near SBC in terms of industry respect or dare I say it even talent. I really doubt she can pull this off.

Neither Stewart or Schumer are winning an Oscar.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

to be fair to 24fanatic, they weren’t speculating as to whether she’d win, just as to if she could get nominated. The role in the play is an emotional role, but it didn’t get much hype during Tonys season and Feldstein’s role is more acclaimed anyway.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I’m sorry but no. I tend to give everyone a chance. I even have Kristen Stewart winning. But Amy Schumer is not coming anywhere near an Oscar. She’s nowhere near SBC in terms of industry respect or dare I say it even talent. I really doubt she can pull this off.

Amy is an Emmy winner, TCA winner, WGA winner, Golden Globe nominee, DGA nominee and Grammy nominee. Awards/nominations for acting, writing, directing, producing from the television, film and music sectors of the entertainment industry.

In what way does that equal “nowhere near” enough industry respect?

I just mentioned her as a possible nominee contender. Meanwhile, Kristen Stewart has only been recognized by the French entertainment industry for her acting, so… I don’t think my suggestion is any less crazy than yours.

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

I’m no Amy Schumer fan but at least she has some legitimate credentials. The only major U.S. award Stewart has ever won is golden popcorn from MTV.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Amy Schumer? In a thread about Oscar Best Supporting Actress contender? Really?

May she and her unfunny vagina jokes rot at the Razzies instead.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

The closest Schumer will come to a nomination is if The Humans gets a SAG Ensemble nod, which is very possible if it’s a big contender. She would have to surprise at SAG or be unbelievably good to get a nomination no matter how well The Humans plays to the Academy

FYC

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarleeMatlin/status/1422628487903399938

She is already campaigning

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Get it Marlee!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glenn Close, Swan Song

Olivia Colman, Mothering Sunday

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I still don’t get the hype for Marlee Matlin.

To be fair, I don’t get the hype for CODA in general. I know it’s come down a lot but it’s still pretty high up but for a film that will need Sound of Metal-like success to succeed, but has a lesser studio promoting it.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I think I get why Marlee Matlin is being predicted, though I find it unlikely she gets in (I only have her because I didn’t know who else to put, one of my predictions is in lead). The father in the movie is probably the best, but highly highly unlikely to get any attention.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

CODA isn’t the type of movie the Academy is particularly fond of. It’s very lightweight and cute. And some people only predict it because it won the Sundance prize and everyone seems to think it could end up being like Minari. But Minari, while being an indie family drama, was not lightweight or cute. Minari had deeper themes and emotions that pertained to the film’s story (the American dream, self discovery, etc). Minari was also more appealing to the Directors’ branch considering Lee Isaac Chung’s deep personal connection to the story and the fact that it was gorgeous on a technical level. CODA doesn’t really explore those themes or any themes in a way that stands out to other films in its ilk, nor will it be appealing to the Directors’ branch (the filmmaking is very flat and often looks like it was shot on an iPhone). I know this is the Supporting Actress thread, but my point still stands. CODA is not this year’s Minari and Marlee Matlin is not this year’s Youn Yuh-jung.

FYC

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.