Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 506 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:
    • Meryl Streep – Don’t Look Up
    • Judi Dench – Belfast
    • Anya Taylor Joy – Last night in Soho
    • Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    • Ruth Negga – Passing/ Toni Collete – Nightmare Alley/ Ariana DeBose – West Side Story
    Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Any word or buzz from The Whale project by Darren Aronofsky? Samantha Morton looks supporting in that one. And Morton is always very good

Queen Morton is sooo overdue a return to industry awards. She was robbed for her supporting performances in Minority Report and The Messenger (the former my favourite sci-fi performance of this century before Vikander in Ex Machina…the latter kinda baffling when she was better than her nominated co-star who got all the hype?) I’m glad she’s been somewhat busy and consistent in TV all these years with acclaimed performance in Harlots/Walking Dead but I’m eager for her to make a high profile return to cinema (the same goes for my darling Emily Watson)

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Said who? These kinds of baseless “stan arguments” (yes for once it’s actually something a stan would say) are why people are already actively rooting against Dunst on here. It gets annoying and tired really fast.

It’s so weird to hear such stuff when you have……..a year with Lady Gaga in it, somebody with SO many stans that basically everyone else is on par lol. Yes, that comment sounded 100% a pretty standard stan argument but such comments are a dime a dozen when it comes to Gaga or Stewart or many other people before Dunst on GD.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Queen Morton is sooo overdue a return to industry awards. She was robbed for her supporting performances in Minority Report and The Messenger (the former my favourite sci-fi performance of this century before Vikander in Ex Machina…the latter kinda baffling when she was better than her nominated co-star who got all the hype?) I’m glad she’s been somewhat busy and consistent in TV all these years with acclaimed performance in Harlots/Walking Dead but I’m eager for her to make a high profile return to cinema (the same goes for my darling Emily Watson)

You have excellent taste. Samantha Morton & Emily Watson are both impeccable, incredible actresses who are so underrated it really, really hurts.

FYC:
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

You have excellent taste. Samantha Morton & Emily Watson are both impeccable, incredible actresses who are so underrated it really, really hurts.

Thanks sweetheart! I’d love for them both to make a cinematic comeback! Then again, I’ve just realised The Whale is former Mr. Weisz…I positively loathed Black Swan/Mother! so hope that he’s matured and brought some material that can do Sam some justice…

As for wor Em…I was so ecstatic for her when Chernobyl became a hit. I wish she’d won something for that performance, anyway, it feels like decades ago and I need her to get a juicy lead role again…when I see the recent success of Olivia Colman…as much as I like her…for me Watson should be the top of casting lists instead!

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Thanks sweetheart! I’d love for them both to make a cinematic comeback! Then again, I’ve just realised The Whale is former Mr. Weisz…I positively loathed Black Swan/Mother! so hope that he’s matured and brought some material that can do Sam some justice…

Yeah I don’t have much hope for me liking Darren Aronofsky anymore unfortunately (I, too, loathed Black Swan and mother). But if it gives Samantha Morton more attention, good…

As for wor Em…I was so ecstatic for her when Chernobyl became a hit. I wish she’d won something for that performance, anyway, it feels like decades ago and I need her to get a juicy lead role again…when I see the recent success of Olivia Colman…as much as I like her…for me Watson should be the top of casting lists instead!

Emily Watson is pretty fascinating just like Morton in that somehow they’ve still managed to find REALLY GOOD stuff to be in (I really liked all 3 of Chernobyl, Harlots & The Third Day). Both could very well pull an Olivia Colman whenever they find the right vehicle because just like Colman, they’ve done plenty of great TV!

FYC:

Profile picture
    Cass
    Topics:

1. Kirsten Dunst
    2. Ann Dowd
    3. Toni Collette
    4. Olga Merediz
    5. Aunjanue Ellis

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

5. Aunjanue Ellis

Yes yes and yes

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

1. Kirsten Dunst
    2. Ann Dowd
    3. Toni Collette
    4. Olga Merediz
    5. Aunjanue Ellis

I would love to see Aunjanue Ellis get a nod. Looks like King Richard is Will Smith’s solo vehicle, but I really hope there’s enough there to allow this wonderful character actor to show up.

FYC:

Profile picture
    annieholl
    Topics:

I always felt like Dunst would be Supporting based on her role in the book. I’d personally love for Ann Dowd to win because she’s absolutely incredible in Mass (as is everyone), but I’m not sure that she can beat Dunst

Have you even read it? She’s not a supporting character. She’s a lead. Still, they will do category fraud with her. It is strategic. Thomasin McKenzie is a non-factor. She’s family friends with Jane Campion, role is not a cameo but it’s not big enough still. Frances Conroy has a big enough role, but Dunst can win in supporting so they will put her there.

However from what I know they haven’t decided the category placement yet. Shame because they can hit all 4 categories.

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

1. Ann Dowd (Mass)
    2. Meryl Streep (Don’t Look Up)
    3. Ruth Negga (Passing)
    4. Toni Collette/Rooney Mara (Nightmare Alley)
    5. Anya Taylor-Joy (Last Night In Soho)

This is assuming Dunst, McDormand and Comer go lead.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Thomasin McKenzie is a non-factor. She’s family friends with Jane Campion, role is not a cameo but it’s not big enough still. Frances Conroy has a big enough role, but Dunst can win in supporting so they will put her there.

Woah. Okay that’s major info. If they’re personal friends it’s very possible McKenzie was just like “of course I’ll do this small role!” I know she was filming for quite a while but since she’s a maid that doesn’t mean that much. She can have screentime but still not be important. Hmmmm okay. We’ll in that case it’s just Frances Conroy who’d be possible in supporting if Dunst went lead, which you’ve kind of convinced me she won’t. Here’s hoping tho.

FYC:

Profile picture
    samson
    Topics:

Buckley and Johnson are coming

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

I actually now think Jessie Buckley or Thomasin McKenzie could replace Anya Taylor-Joy, depending on how big and well received their roles are. LNiS might be too weird for the academy

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I actually now think Jessie Buckley or Thomasin McKenzie could replace Anya Taylor-Joy, depending on how big and well received their roles are. LNiS might be too weird for the academy

McKenzie for TPOTD? I absolutely, absolutely think Buckley can make it. She’s amazing, the material is amazing, and oof she’s got some plot things that are haunting and just absolutely brilliant stuff for any actor.

McKenzie for TPOTD is a question mark because of Dunst’s category placement, and then there’s the matter of Frances Conroy who technically has the bigger and better part in the book & we just don’t know what’s in store for us with regards to what Campion’s done with McKenzie’s role. But I’m really hoping TPOTD can hit all 4 categories.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.