Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Y’all like arguing way too much, it’s like you wake up everyday choosing violence smfh.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Y’all like arguing way too much, it’s like you wake up everyday choosing violence smfh.

Until, kaziz, wolfali, etc. choose to be civil & less hostile with their bitterness, the ‘violence’ will continue all season. As a POC with strong opinions, I refuse to waiver my POV to appease anyone. Let alone a bunch of anonymous strangers on an Internet forum. I’d prefer to agree to disagree peacefully but if the constant attacks persist I will defend myself accordingly.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

push dunst lead so conroy gets supporting

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

push dunst lead so conroy gets supporting

When Conroy wins and repeats Colman’ legacy of having an Oscar before an Emmy despite being primarily a TV actress

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Please guys, just stop mentioning or replying to those two toxic people. Its not worth it.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

When Conroy wins and repeats Colman’ legacy of having an Oscar before an Emmy despite being primarily a TV actress

Honestly, I am SO ready for this. She has a really wonderful part, and good god is Frances Conroy underrated. Being Ryan Murphy-ed hasn’t exactly helped her, because she is a very good parallel to Ann Dowd and should be commanding an equivalent amount of praise/buzz.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Until, kaziz, wolfali, etc. choose to be civil & less hostile with their bitterness, the ‘violence’ will continue all season. As a POC with strong opinions, I refuse to waiver my POV to appease anyone. Let alone a bunch of anonymous strangers on an Internet forum. I’d prefer to agree to disagree peacefully but if the constant attacks persist I will defend myself accordingly.

Lmao do you realize how bitter you sound ?

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Lmao do you realize how bitter you sound ?

‘Bitter’ is creating multiple troll accounts to seek personal vendettas (i.e. kaziz) or posting personal attacks ala wolfali.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

This thread has turned into a war zone my God.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

This thread has turned into a war zone my God.

Honestly just ignore it. It’s my fault for engaging but I don’t have the energy or time to do it again. On the plus side there’s plenty of posts about Supporting Actress to get us back on track :))))

FYC:

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

RESET:

If it’s not Dowd vs. Dunst, what is it? Esp considering Dunst can still and very well may go Lead. What’s the field here? Not sure I totally buy Nina Arianda and Olga Merediz, why are they so highly predicted again? DeBose I can see, even if I’m not predicting her right now.

FYC:

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If it’s not Dowd vs. Dunst, what is it?

Dench could win her second Oscar only if Belfast gets nominated for picture or screenplay. Close failed on her 8th nomination in the same vein as Dench’s sympathetic grandmother role so I doubt Dench can pull off a second if her film is so middling.

Collette or Mara could also be a huge threat if their roles are juicy or not but I can’t see it since I think they will just be coattails.

Houdyshell could reprise her Tony win at the Oscars! Jenkins looks like the more softer bet out of the two film characters to win though since Supporting Actor is basically a dead field currently.

And then you have Ruth Negga who always churns out great performances and has been lauded as the highlight of Passing. The nature of her character is also quite complex so it would be no shock if she produces a moving nuanced performance.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Ruth Negga is being underestimated.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

And then you have Ruth Negga who always churns out great performances and has been lauded as the highlight of Passing. The nature of her character is also quite complex so it would be no shock if she produces a moving nuanced performance.

YES. I’m a huge Passing stan just like with TPOTD so I’m going to want Negga to be super competitive & I think she can. Also, Jessie Buckley for The Lost Daughter. Assuming Dunst goes lead, that’s 3 contenders all of whom I bet are fantastic. If she doesn’t, well…harder race that’ll probably favor the people in BP films. But I’m actually very hopeful that at least one or two of Mass, The Lost Daughter, and Passing make it in.

Lots of people to stan for here. Ruth Negga winning would be so wonderful to see. For one of my favorite books of all time 😭😍

FYC:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

RESET: If it’s not Dowd vs. Dunst, what is it? Esp considering Dunst can still and very well may go Lead. What’s the field here? Not sure I totally buy Nina Arianda and Olga Merediz, why are they so highly predicted again? DeBose I can see, even if I’m not predicting her right now.

This is what I’m wondering. My first guess would be Houdyshell, going down the Viola Davis/Joel Grey/Anne Bancroft path of winning the Oscar for reprising the role she won a Tony for (I know that there are other examples besides the ones I mentioned, but they’re the first I can name off the top of my head). I suppose DeBose could, but Rita Moreno won for playing this same role in the original film and she was just iconic (I mean that unironically) and those are big shoes to fill. Plus, I just can’t see WSS being more than ASIB/Little Women. Maybe Judi Dench, but they don’t tend to give Oscars to the same role two years in a row, especially not in the same category (Dench playing granny after Youn Yuh-jung won for playing granny). Ruth Negga I’m honestly starting to consider, but only if Passing is a Best Picture nominee, which I’m starting to come around to the possibility of. But if Dunst is Lead and Fox throws Comer here… everything I just previously said goes out the window.

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.