Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

RESET: If it’s not Dowd vs. Dunst, what is it? Esp considering Dunst can still and very well may go Lead. What’s the field here? Not sure I totally buy Nina Arianda and Olga Merediz, why are they so highly predicted again? DeBose I can see, even if I’m not predicting her right now.

cause they are not in Dune duh! Actors from any crap and bomb have a shot except Dune actors.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

We’ve seen actors win Oscars for portraying the same role. Phoenix won as The Joker & we know how iconic Heath Ledger’s performance was. DeBose is being underestimated. Anita is the best character in WSS hence why actresses have received awards playing her.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Anita is the only awards-friendly character in WSS. Leads are absolute dullards and actors look suitably bland and boring. So DeBose shouldn’t have a problem shining in that movie.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

We’ve seen actors win Oscars for portraying the same role. Phoenix won as The Joker & we know how iconic Heath Ledger’s performance was. DeBose is being underestimated. Anita is the best character in WSS hence why actresses have received awards playing her.

It’s not common, tho. The only other time it’s happened is Brando and De Niro winning for Vito Corleone (in two Best Picture winners no less). Even without Dunst, there’s still Houdyshell and others who could contend

FYC
    Best Picture: The Worst Person in the World
    Best Director: Jane Campion
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Best Actress: Renate Reinsve
    Best Supporting Actor: Benedict Wong
    Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst
    Best Adapted Screenplay: The Power of the Dog
    Best Original Screenplay: The Worst Person in the World

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

I feel like Dunst isn’t winning. It’s never good to be the frontrunner THIS early.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I feel like Dunst isn’t winning. It’s never good to be the frontrunner THIS early.

Dunst isn’t a early frontrunner though especially when we are unaware of what category would she be even placed in.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

depends on the role. DDL in Lincoln was the frontrunner since the movie announcement which is like 2 years before it came out. And then Time cover sealed the deal. Blanchett was the frontrunner for Blue Jasmine since April when her movie was released. Granted, Dunst is sight unseen but the role is baity af (drinking!) so it make sense that expectations are high.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But she isn’t the frontrunner. Dowd is at the moment.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

But she isn’t the frontrunner. Dowd is at the moment.

Dowd is in a Bleecker Street movie.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Dowd is in a Bleecker Street movie.

I’m not predicting Dowd to win (I’m not even predicting her to get nominated atm) but she is currently tipped to be the frontrunner according to the Gold Derby odds whether we agree she is or isn’t.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Netflix literally not having made any decision on category placement prevents us from calling Dunst any kind of frontrunner. Yes she’s in a Bleecker Street movie but Dowd is definitely the frontrunner right now.

I do think DeBose is perhaps a tad bit safer than we’re giving her credit for. Rita Moreno was iconic, yes, but the character of Anita can even with a different treatment and DeBose hardly being unknown will help. She’s definitely the most likely out of all the WSS cast.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Yeah, I don’t really know where to put Dunst, but it seems like she could be win competitive in either category. She won’t be a frontrunner until we see her performance

FYC

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It should be in Netflix’s best interest to campaign Dunst in Lead Actress since it’s very much possible TPOTD goes 4/4 in every acting category (Cumberbatch in Actor, Dunst in Actress, Plemons in Supporting Actor, Mckenzie/Conroy in Supporting Actress). I can only imagine this immense acting branch support increases the film’s Best Picture win chances. Also it’s just strange for a female directed performance to not be placed in lead when it is feasible. I’d be quite disappointed if Dunst is placed in supporting.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It should be in Netflix’s best interest to campaign Dunst in Lead Actress since it’s very much possible TPOTD goes 4/4 in every acting category (Cumberbatch in Actor, Dunst in Actress, Plemons in Supporting Actor, Mckenzie/Conroy in Supporting Actress). I can only imagine this immense acting branch support increases the film’s Best Picture win chances. Also it’s just strange for a female directed performance to not be placed in lead when it is feasible. I’d be quite disappointed if Dunst is placed in supporting.

The problem is that Olivia Colman is the best actress working today and she’s gonna absolutely kill it in her role in The Lost Daughter (I’m reading the book).

I think Dunst is going Supporting.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

It does seem weird that the female lead of a Jane Campion film would go Supporting. And it’s not like Netflix is incapable of getting two people in the same acting category. Driver and Pryce both got in, Hopkins and the Irishmen all got in (sans De Niro obvs), Boseman and Oldman both got in last year. The only thing is that Best Actress is crowded and her role in the book is borderline. I’m interested to see who wins Volpi bc if it’s Kirsten that’ll be a sign

FYC

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Supporting Actress’ is closed to new replies.