Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 predictions

Oscars 2022 predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 195 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
fefface
Stank83
_m4gnu5_
  • Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

Rooting for Cumberbatch. Can’t wait to see Campion’s movie, hope it will be a critics darling and get her back to the well deserved award race.

2021 Oscar FYC: Glenn Close, Jeremy Strong, Vanessa Kirby, Delroy Lindo, Daniel Kaluuya

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Interested to see how Adam Driver and Margot Robbie do next year. Both are two of the buzziest stars at the moment who both have gotten two nominations over three years that one for what some could argue were coattails (BlackKlansman) or for films that got mixed reviews (Bombshell) and one for what is often considered to be their career defining pieces of work (Marriage StoryI, Tonya).

It could very well be that both actors (who if they get nominated and lose again will be slipping into overdue territory) get a similar push like actors like Nicole Kidman, Renee Zellweger and many others by their films’ distributors to “get them an Oscar now not later”. After all like Kidman and Zellweger, Robbie and to an extent Driver have gotten multiple precursor noms and awards for performances that didn’t get nominated at the Oscars (i.e. Mary Queen of Scots).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

PICTURE

Amsterdam
    Annette (Amazon)
    Blonde (Netflix)
    Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Gucci (MGM)
    The Last Duel (20th Century)
    Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Soggy Bottom (MGM)
    The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

DIRECTOR

Paul Thomas Anderson – Soggy Bottom (MGM)
    Joel Coen – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)
    Guillermo Del Toro – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Adam McKay – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    David O. Russell – Amsterdam

ACTOR

Christian Bale – Amsterdam
    Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Adam Driver – Annette (Amazon)
    Will Smith – King Richard (Warner Bros.)
    Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

ACTRESS

Sandra Bullock (Unforgiven)
    Ana De Armas – Blonde (Netflix)
    Lady Gaga – Gucci (MGM)
    Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    Margot Robbie – Amsterdam

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom (MGM)
    Tom Hanks – Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Richard Jenkins – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Micheal B. Jordan – Amsterdam
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Toni Collette – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Viola Davis – Unforgiven (Netflix)
    Maggie Gyllenhaal – Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Succession
    FYC: Watchmen

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

If Gucci comes out I can see Driver contending for a double noms. He seems like someone liked enough to do that tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

If Gucci comes out I can see Driver contending for a double noms. He seems like someone liked enough to do that tbh.

He doesn’t even need Gucci to come out. I’m very much not sure how The Last Duel will do but if it’s good he could get in for that.

He could even be more likely to get nominated for TLD than for Annette – Sparks are raving about his performance in it already and I think in terms of the amount of work he apparently does in it (all sung, very physical) the Academy loves to reward that stuff but if the film is too weird voters won’t see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

what are the chances of The Last Duel being nominated?

In an “me too” era, is it okay to make room for a story about two men fighting over a girl who was raped by one of them? I know this is a real story and it was written by academy darlings Affleck and Damon, but it is so controversial….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

what are the chances of The Last Duel being nominated? In an “me too” era, is it okay to make room for a story about two men fighting over a girl who was raped by one of them? I know this is a real story and it was written by academy darlings Affleck and Damon, but it is so controversial….

It’s also being written by Nicole Holofcener, who is really great and who is writing the Jodie Comer character’s POV. I trust Comer not to get involved with a project that explores this issue in a damaging way and I trust Holofcener not to write one.

I think it’s destined to be controversial whether it’s good or not, but it’s hard to tell. GoT has multiple similar storylines and was hugely popular.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

PICTURE Amsterdam Annette (Amazon) Blonde (Netflix) Don’t Look Up (Netflix) Elvis (Warner Bros.) Gucci (MGM) The Last Duel (20th Century) Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Soggy Bottom (MGM) The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24) DIRECTOR Paul Thomas Anderson – Soggy Bottom (MGM) Joel Coen – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24) Guillermo Del Toro – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Adam McKay – Don’t Look Up (Netflix) David O. Russell – Amsterdam ACTOR Christian Bale – Amsterdam Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Adam Driver – Annette (Amazon) Will Smith – King Richard (Warner Bros.) Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24) ACTRESS Sandra Bullock (Unforgiven) Ana De Armas – Blonde (Netflix) Lady Gaga – Gucci (MGM) Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up (Netflix) Margot Robbie – Amsterdam SUPPORTING ACTOR Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom (MGM) Tom Hanks – Elvis (Warner Bros.) Richard Jenkins – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Micheal B. Jordan – Amsterdam Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up (Netflix) SUPPORTING ACTRESS Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Toni Collette – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Viola Davis – Unforgiven (Netflix) Maggie Gyllenhaal – Elvis (Warner Bros.) Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

You really just picked out the most famous people in a movie next year? 90% of these aren’t happening!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m now thinking The Eyes of Tammy Faye will end up here. I was originally thinking that Searchlight could just push McDormand and Chastain at the same time, but now that it’s looking like McDormand could realistically be a winner, I think they’ll put all their support behind her (and Nomadland as a whole) and give Chastain her shot next year, because I do think Chastain could win for this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

I’m now thinking The Eyes of Tammy Faye will end up here. I was originally thinking that Searchlight could just push McDormand and Chastain at the same time, but now that it’s looking like McDormand could realistically be a winner, I think they’ll put all their support behind her (and Nomadland as a whole) and give Chastain her shot next year, because I do think Chastain could win for this.

Chastain will win a Razzie

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Tammy Faye could really be either great or terrible – those low resolution photos that got leaked looked awful, but unofficial shots always do. Personally I just have a gut feeling that it’s one of those movies that looks baity on paper but turns out terrible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

PICTURE

Amsterdam
    Annette (Amazon)
    Blonde (Netflix)
    Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Gucci (MGM)
    The Last Duel (20th Century)
    Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Soggy Bottom (MGM)
    The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

DIRECTOR

Paul Thomas Anderson – Soggy Bottom (MGM)
    Joel Coen – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)
    Guillermo Del Toro – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Adam McKay – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    David O. Russell – Amsterdam

ACTOR

Christian Bale – Amsterdam
    Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Adam Driver – Annette (Amazon)
    Will Smith – King Richard (Warner Bros.)
    Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

ACTRESS

Sandra Bullock (Unforgiven)
    Ana De Armas – Blonde (Netflix)
    Lady Gaga – Gucci (MGM)
    Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)
    Margot Robbie – Amsterdam

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom (MGM)
    Tom Hanks – Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Richard Jenkins – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Micheal B. Jordan – Amsterdam
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up (Netflix)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Toni Collette – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight)
    Viola Davis – Unforgiven (Netflix)
    Maggie Gyllenhaal – Elvis (Warner Bros.)
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

No way Bradley Cooper gets a double nomination.

Plus, both Wikipedia and IMBD still have Killers of The Flower Moon as a 2021 release.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

PICTURE Amsterdam Annette (Amazon) Blonde (Netflix) Don’t Look Up (Netflix) Elvis (Warner Bros.) Gucci (MGM) The Last Duel (20th Century) Nightmare Alley (Searchlight) Soggy Bottom (MGM) The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)

This would put Adam Driver in three BP nominees in a single year, which is surely impossible (I know Laura Dern was in two this last year, and Bradley Cooper is in two of your other picks, but three seems a lot)

When is Macbeth coming out? Does it have a confirmed release date?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Juanald02
    Topics:

This would put Adam Driver in three BP nominees in a single year, which is surely impossible (I know Laura Dern was in two this last year, and Bradley Cooper is in two of your other picks, but three seems a lot) When is Macbeth coming out? Does it have a confirmed release date?

It’s definitely possible, at the 75th oscars John C. Reilly Was in 3 best picture noms; Chicago, Gangs Of New York and The Hours. That was back when there was only 5 Best Picture nominees so it’s possible to see it happen with a possible 10 nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This would put Adam Driver in three BP nominees in a single year, which is surely impossible (I know Laura Dern was in two this last year

Michael Stuhlbarg was in three in 2017 (Call Me By Your Name, The Post & The Shape of Water), so it’s impossible for it to happen again.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.